Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Reading this reminded me of an email I got yesterday from a hotel I booked but didn't stay in(timing was interesting as I had been thinking of going away for my bd) I clicked into the email and went to the dates I was thinking of, the price was no where near the special office price and was indeed, much the same as a good chain hotel pre boom. Free cancellation too!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Replacing crappy broken toilet seat with a fancy new one that closes quietly !

😄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was sniffing in the kitchen for something to eat , when I put the chocolate away and had chicken noodle soup instead. Good move. Norw for chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A new knitting order/request. The money will go towards giving street folk a Chrismas meal etc. Win win as I love knitting so much.... Just got to parcel up the last consignmen of wide cabled headbands and get them away..they are already sold

Happiness is having someone to knit for..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,258 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I was just told that a little four year old girl over in England shouts 'Come on Saka' at any black football player in the world cup.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

OH left phone in Taxi this am and got it back - happy days - thank you lovely taxi driver..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Went for my flu jab expecting to pay €35 or there abouts only to be told they are free for everyone this year.

I said I'll take two so! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Seeing that little hobbit Messi tasting defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I finally got to see my favourite band, Nightwish, live in concert tonight. You have no idea how happy and how long I have waited for tonight. Floor was on fire, everyone actually was top notch tonight 😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had a little pamper myself evening, lovely bubbly bath, face mask, hair treatment the works. Then hop into the bed made up with line dried sheets. Bliss.

• Advertisement

sounds fab - I plan to get a pedicure this weekend - as a treat.. sandal weather or not - I love a good pedicure 💅 (toes not fingers)

I think I posted this before, but the specsavers ad cracks me up.

So many ... Just so many!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

Had been wracking my brain for days trying to think of the name of an eighties movie I loved as a kid. Even though I could picture the main actor, and scenes from the film, I couldn't think of a single thing I could Google to find the name of the movie.

Over on the ylyl thread, somebody posted a pic of a shot from the movie The Burbs with Tom Hanks. I remembered dude from headwreck was in that too, so googled the cast, got his name, checked his bio and found the film. Very trivially happy.

It was Bruce Dern in world gone wild :)

I had a lad in from a company acting for Sky, to hook up my house phone but he left a tool ( toner ? ) behind. I saw a van from the company in the village and returned it. Good deed for the day done .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Christmas shopping in Galway yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Little kitten snuggled up on my lap with a look of pure bliss on her face.

The same kitten that I swore would never be allowed indoors.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, Maggie, you can't say that and not post a picture.. what would Seph say?

when you get a mild dose of food poisoning but motilium sorts you out.. (and some rest, water and paracetamol).. made it to my class..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Someone went and remastered a cartoon I was very fond of as a child in 4K and uploaded the full episodes to Youtube. Very nice to see.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

When you put on warm socks straight off the radiator. Soo cosy 😀

fab night out weather wise here in Cork City.. clear sky.. the city looked so xmassy on my way home from work.. the lights and big wheel.. enjoyed it all the while listening to in a bleak mid winter on my phone.. hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The RTE Player actually worked perfectly yesterday eve when I was watching the Sean Quinn documentary, and there were very few ads also. I was very pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Holy sh*t. You need to do the lotto tonight because it's your lucky week.

Having wracked my brains all Tuesday night looking for an excuse to not go to the IT seminar today, its cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to the ta thread to complain about what a waste of energy that was.

Th2 he finally got it into his head to buy heating oil and the house is toasty again.

Bc I'm a bit squee about gadgets and have illegible handwriting, Dropbox signatures!!!!!!!!!!!😊

Gave me a lovely clear and way more distinguished signature than I would have in a million years.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Last of the Christmas shopping done, followed by pub for dinner on the way home… delicious.

Having the house to yourself.

• Advertisement

The sound of the dishwasher washing the dishes. 😂

Advertisement