Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Went to bed last night dreading today… for no other reason then i was fûcking absolutely burned out, exhausted…. and I’ve stuff to do… but slept well and feeling charged for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Fresh pain au chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

reading of so much happiness... Thank you

The groceries and my prescription meds got across just before the wind started to rise... met ie once again have ireland encircled with blue and yellow stripes, to change to all yellow. First ferry since Wednesday that was and deeply grateful for it.

I can snug back down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Samoa are winning 😝😝

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Samoa won , i do enjoy Rugby League

Managed to wangle a free day tomorrow so hitting town before it gets too manic…finishing Xmas shopping, and dropping into a favourite haunt for food that I’ve not been to for too long..

A quiet island day all on my own doing what I seek to do with no interruptions... Sheer heaven... Abundant food! Let the weather roar and rampage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had a really nice dream last night where I was walking along the Clontarf seafront on a nice summer's day with my OH and my dog Toby. There were lots of cool shops and market stalls and there was a great buzz about the place. It was disappointing to wake up from it :(

The sun is shining... bright and beautiful...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Probably more than trivial but after 19 months of trying to get a doctor anywhere I've finally got taken on by one.

And it was no thanks to the system but a chance meeting with one who said they would see what they can do for me.

That I and my furry buddies are all safe and snug with full bellies as the next gale ramps up outside...The wind makes different sounds depending which way it is coming.. fascinating...

Good shopping, helpful staff, stop off in the pub for food on the way home and a sitting down just as the snooker starts. Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

fab eve out last night with a bunch of good friends and nice food - also great staff.. twas wonderful..

on occasions like that, that I feel really "rich"..

tis like a meeting of hearts and minds.. wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I brought the elderly uncle to town to do his Christmas shopping. Going into one shop, three teenage boys coming out. They held the door open for uncle, and stood back to let us through.

Well done lads, and thier parents too.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

My feet feel great after washing them and rubbing lotion in. They feel lighter and smell lovely.

Extinction rebellion gobshîtes doing a PR video in London… showing themselves up for being real hard of thinking wánkbags .

girl from said organisation throws a tin of yellow paint at a building containing offices of Shell and another company… but she stands about half a meter away and throws the yellow paint at force enabling a good amount or what looked like most of the paint to splash back onto her person / clothing…

in a choreographed manoeuvre that has gone off script or off piste she is encouraged as the next part to move towards the camera to answer questions which she can barely do because of the tears and emotion having made a mess of herself on camera. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Love driving in the car on a cold day but the sun shining in the window makes it feel like summer ,

Love watching my two young kids play some game they just made up together , the laughter & smiles are priceless

Love toastie ham & cheese ambo's on a wet miserable day ,

Love going for a 10k run in the rain ,

when you get a thinking of you card and letter from a dear friend in the post.. touched my heart..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Spattherin’ the back of the pan with a thin loose lad after bein’ a bit bound for three or four days.

• Advertisement

This time last yr.. actually since Nov 6th.. it was like Lapland where I live with xmas lights etc,... grrr...

Not the case this year thankfully.. every cloud has its silver lining and all that.. (cost of electricity)..

I don't hate Christmas or anything.. but lights etc up early Nov??!! Thats just numbing..

I'll appreciate them nearer to Christmas.. (like boxes of chocs etc) but less is more..

Post edited by sporina on

Part of my happy is that being way out in the boonies I do not see or hear any of this... Christmas here is just that... Except that there are so many special offers on my onlne shopping... Dark and deeply quiet ....

My neighbour didn’t bother getting any planning permission for their Montessori business they are running in their house…it’s a material change of use and would require planning permission. It’s led to major parking problems, entitled parents blocking gates of other properties when waiting for little Johnny or Gemma…. And parking on corners… Residents association given two fingers when politely contacted them…

a while back the property was unexpectedly put on the market and now a sign ‘sale agreed’ up today…. Hopefully ’sold’ soon.

hopefully the pair of grifters get to fûck asap and are replaced by nice considerate people. Playing by the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I bought myself a rechargeable hot water bottle after a nasty incident with an ordinary hot water bottle a few weeks back.

Today, while waiting in the car for uncle at the doctor's, I was warm and toasty. Great yoke!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spending time with my niece and nephew down the park, getting hugs from the two when I saw them first, even from the little princess who is usually very shy around me but she was all talk today to me 😁 but she scolded me when I asked her could I play with her dollies and said "No! Not for boys!" 😁 The small biyeen was asking me 40 questions "why are there leafs on the ground?" "Why is the moon in the sky ?" "Why is that tree on the ground" "why is that man cutting the grass?" 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Fast forwarding through the ads on TV and stopping bang on the start of the programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Time spent with children is so precious, for them and you, they grow up in a flash. I enjoy time with my grandchildren.

I hope you answered all those questions and maybe you could furnish us with the correct explanations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Finishing something late on Friday in work and not letting it drag on to the next week.

Or the week after that !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or even better, reply to them like Calvin's dad would. 😂

• Advertisement

had a wonderful staycation in Limerick this week - energising theatre, history, culture, good food and lovely people and a beautiful park.. feel so full of life after it... here's to the wonderful things in life.. especially people's talent and creativity.. hmm..

Advertisement