Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

He probably did ..

But not so good when they try to invade our homes .

TH , seeing all the munchkins together today, seeing Santa , full of amazement and happiness 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TH of after several years of having no yule log due to them all containing dark chocolate 🤮, today I found a complete milk chocolate one in Tescos. It is delicious and light and gorgeous with a cupan tae!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TH that @Tauriel has let me know where to get a good Yule Log , thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Seeing my former cats in their new home via video call. They all came up to the phone at the sound of my voice and snuffled it and purred. Most probably because they associate my voice with food and were wondering where the food was going to come from, but still. They remember me and are being so well taken care off. It was lovely to see them thriving and content.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I made donations to homeless charities. But for the grace of god and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Safe and snug with a cat on my bed. This lad a year ago was skinny and neglected. His purr was accordingly rusty. Now he is shiny and content and sings his sweet song.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Also , I let a cracker of a fart , and no follow through. Probably more for the etiquette thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,541 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Singing along to the words to a favourite song 'cause you know them all, when you are alone in the car and there is no one to complain. It's just you, the road and the amazing singing career you could have had. 🤣

When the house is quiet and the heating is working and everyone has gone off to mass or somewhere and left you alone.

Just peace, quiet, warmth, tea and toast.

Car filthy from grit, ice snow yesterday.

Nice and clean after rain today. 🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,258 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Was out and about this morning very windy. Three young lads (about 7-8ish) had their coats open to ‘catch the wind’ having great craic. Couldn’t help but smile.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Best 8 hours uninterrupted sleep in ages..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Beef stew and a glass of port while watching the Snowman and Pinocchio after.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

I had a few free hours today, so got stuck into clearing out my closet that had clothes that hadn't seen the light of day in years. I found some nice shirts and trousers that I'd forgotten about so no need to go and buy more new stuff now. And I filled two suitcases for the clothing bank of decent clothes, so someone will get the use of them. Room looks much tidier now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

not trivial at all but feeling so grateful for all the great stuff I experienced this weekend.. panto, pub, tea party for charity, xmas concert etc - all with various family and friends.. hmm hmm.. heart feels warm with love for the people in my life and for those who share their talents with us.. (might sound corny - but I now reallllllly appreciate more than ever all the pleasures in life that the pandemic made difficult for us).. 💞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I need 6 wreaths to put on graves. I'm terrible at craft things, but using a roll of wire and stuff I gathered in the fields, they'll do. The people getting them won't complain anyway!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I used to make them with wire coat hangers reshaped into a circle and with long ivy branches (we were plagued with it). Red bow, and you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

gee how did your closet escape the covid clear out? i rid the house of loads of stuff during the restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

That I got to see the greatest football player of all time, pretty much from the beginnning of his career. Even better, I got to see him win the 2 international trophies he wanted so badly and finally put an end to the debate about him and Ronaldo. One threw the toys out of the pram at club and country, the other lead his country to a World Cup win. Neither man is perfect of course but I've yet to find a genius who is.

• Advertisement

Yep, you kinda always hoped you could fly and were also worried that if the wind did take you up, that'd you'd coming crashing down. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s been a good day… for many reasons… firstly….Managed to mislay two bottles of quite expensive fragrances that I bought for my folks to give to my cousins for their Christmas gifts, turned the place upside down during last week and just on a hunch tried the wardrobe in the spare room 5 minutes ago, minutes after saying, “gonna have to go out and get something else tomorrow “….behind all spare coats and jackets there be the bag…. 🫣 fragrances found…

secondly I thought someone had kinda fallen out with me… a bit of an odd encounter last time…but who evidently hasn’t which is good, a chance meeting and full of genial conversation, good humour , interest, positivity….like no problems … excellent…

been a great Monday. 😂😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Now that "my" youngsters are farrr afield I have no one to thin out my wardrobe for me(whether I like it or not)

A change in circumstances means that I have been wearing some of my more dressy outfits to work, so I now know which are too short for me or have 3/4 length sleeves which are my enemy in terms of tunic type tops.

At the weekend I popped into my fav animal charity to check they can take women clothing(they do) and accidentally met a person who coordinates supplies of all kinds for refugees/homeless, she checked and they are happy to take all kinds of clothing as well.

So that's my pre new year break filled in, keeping my hands out of the biscuit tine and kings box!

Win wins like this make me so happy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭noahungry

A nice cup of black coffee and no bad news first thing in the morning works for me. 

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Had the morning to myself - day off work, kids in school and the wife in work.

Got a lie on for once.......went to get my car hand washed and no queue, deadly.....didn’t think it could get any better until I went for a haircut and again no queue and they threw in a wet shave for free from an extremely attractive lady ......home to snooze on the couch. Does it get any better than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Almost all stocked for Christmas..... without ever leaving the house. (all but housebound long term)

A masterpiece of organisation and deeply satisfying.. especially when living offshore.... self reliance increases confidence and pleasure.

Helped and supported by folk who know my situation! God bless Springwools who sent me a bag of yarn....

Beautiful sunny day.

And shortest day of the year.

Days getting longer from now until summer solstice. June 21st 2023.

Nice!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Built these shelves with a bit over $100 CAD of material. Would have cost me much more $ and took up more room to house the same amount of records if I bought from a shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got a few mins and started to go through the clothes for the donations, picked up some perfect pj's that were bought for surgery at the turn of the century(give or take)

Tried them on and they still fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top has some room even.

I so did not expect that, so ta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement