Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Good customer service

This week I was emailing banks, Revenue Commissioners, insurance companies, etc about address change, tax issues, etc It should have been done a while ago but I ever got around. This is my week off work so I dedicated a morning to administrative housekeeping. Boring but gotta be done

A shoutout to Laya in Cork (I’m not a Corkonian!) who are always a pleasure to deal with and answer every question very quickly. I am Th’ed at their customer service 😊

I have also found the Revenue Commisioners helpful by phone. Their ros website is super. Not going political, I just think the tax office give good service. Having lived abroad the Irish Revenue Commissioners are quite easy to deal with compared to others.

My rant at other government departments will be in the TA thread but I am TH with Revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 24,899 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A 1000% fully productive and successful day….tired but in good mood and now for dinner….local Italian, delivered that I haven’t had for ages…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I brought my uncle to a HSE clinic for the elderly. It was brilliant, I didn't know so many services existed. He came away delighted.

Slightly unimpressed that these things are being made known to the people who need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A simple day ahead... Just me and my cats and knitting... Having to watch as yarn stocks are getting low.. But loving restful warm days abed with youtube and knitting.. Age is taking an increasing toll on activities now so days like this are precious. Fuel is in and my main shopping wil, weather permitting, arrive today. Happiness is having all real needs filled.. I am happy.

It’s been a stress free if a busy week so far… it’s been a week in fact pact full of useful accomplishments, none more so then the gym earlier, where significant improvements in my health and fitness continued… I was surprised as when I woke I was jaded and some, was debating not bothering but effort paid off. I’m going to have a nice lazy and fun weekend….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Larry Elder talking sense on NTD (185) Channel

if he was white, he'd be cancelled 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭sporina

Not trivial but friends told me yesterday that they are expecting their 1st child - soooo happy for them.. delighted.. ☺️

Building sandcastles on the beach with the kids this morning. Simple pleasures and rekindling your inner child is great for the head.

I woke this morning feeling drained of energy, a very busy week… I put my foot down today that it was going to be a lazy assed day, it was and I feel all the better for it…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My recent holiday in Italy, in the Lake Como area; I had a brilliant time there.

• Advertisement

Turned into a rather enjoyable and lazy fun filled weekend…all my favourite sports teams won too so happy.

great - totally.. v important to entertain your inner child once in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Kittens lepping around the garden in the sunshine.

Chocolate digestives and tae.

Ireland womans footballers off to the World Cup with a victory over Scotland in Edinburgh… Courtney Brosnan saving a peno and Amber Barrett scoring the winner..heroic stuff…

Almost tempered by an absolute ball bag of a referee doing her upmost to enable Scotland to get something from the contest… gives them a penalty that wasn’t and if it was it’s a red card which she does give…and watches irelands Brosnan get almost decapitated and is hard pressed even to give a free, bonkers refereeing but extra kudos to our girls, taking on 12 including the ref and still walking off the pitch victorious.. and off to Australia / New Zealand… 🥳🥳🥳

A snug home,,, food and fuel well stocked... knitting to keep my fingers busy,,, and cats, all rescues from difficulties eg starvation, who trust and adore me and sleep abed with me. Sweet simple company...and that when the gale keeps me awake all night I can simply now sleep all day... Good"night"! Have a lovely day..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As most of you already know I come from a blended family, my birth family and the kids my mother ad hoc fostered in her life. While we don't at all live in each other's pockets some of us are close and others just turn up to be a shoulder/pair of hands in an emergency, others took the resources and ran.

As we get older the habits and ingrained attitudes of our origins are showing more and more and it can cause conflict.

A few weeks ago I was speaking with the youngster who is caring for my sister with dementia, I was concerned about their financial situation in the cost of living crisis and following recession, while I'm happy to help I'm aware one person's help may not be enough to keep their lights and heat on, yesterday the youngster involved mentioned that 12 ppl in the family circle had been onto him to say all he had to do was ask if he needed money etc.

Not a trivial thing to be happy about, but I'm just so glad to see this I though it would lift other ppl as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

quoted by company A… 80 euros an hour for work and a sort of good luck and fûck you, “we don’t need or want your business but if you want to pay us, great we’ll do it.” tone to their correspondence..

quoted by company B… 45 euros an hour and a nice professional email full of detailed information and a courtesy and respectful angle to their tone…… they are about 15 kilometres closer too…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Beans

+

Eggs

+

Chips

On a cold Friday night in October

Jurgen Klopp, never liked the piece of work regardless if his teams are winning, loosing, drawing or whatever, an arrogant, argumentative, smug, absolute hypocritical, leering piece of work. Chooses this afternoons match to physically attack an assistant referee who is doing no more then running up the line, doing his job… 😬 the thin mask slips further … which is a good thing for the game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

The smell of chimney smoke on a cold Autumn day. Not environmentally friendly but does make me TH.

Post edited by Daisy78 on

‘just stop oil’ protestors in London, getting forcibly dragged off the road by a few people in central London… guy in the black jacket trying to reason with them and informing them he has a hospital appointment and going by the device on his head it must be a neurological condition but the protestors sit there, non interested, non engaging until the law is taken into the hands of the people and the way is cleared…

weather wise, an awful weekend but the silver lining - quality time spent with great friends... (had the weather been good, I prob wudda been away hiking - point being: regardless of the weather, make more time for good friends)

Being safe and snugged in in wild weather. Instinctive by now but never ever taken for granted.

Then Liverpool fans attack the Manchester City buses with bricks and Pep Guardiola has coin’s thrown at him.

classy club.

great that the mask is slipping ;)

I use waterpik electric dental water flossers...I needed to go buy a new one... got home to find on checking the receipt and the product that they gave me the wrong one. I wanted the ‘standard’ version but they put the ultra version in the bag which is worth 90 euros, so I spent 50 euros and got a product worth 90.

on checking the receipt they rang up the incorrect product or it was barcoded incorrectly.

i said it to my cousin who tells me.. “ Strumms, you should go back out there with it, someone could get in trouble ! “

considering it’s another 46 kilometre round trip, 92 kilometres for both trips, erm, let them. 🙄…

waking to deep peace ... After a gale... Always a real pleasure

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't mean to be a wet blanket... but won't that invalidate your warranty?

i wouldn’t worry really… these gizmos usually have a shelf life that lasts not long after the warranty. So I’ll just get whatever use out of it till I need to buy a new one, 😊

also my Dad, he is going to be operated on so hopefully that’s the end of his repetitive a&e visits and a return of that aspect of his health..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Halleluya!! Delighted to hear about your Dad, hopefully that'll sort things out properly for him. The fewer encounters he has with the health services the better it is for his own health... and yours. 😀

Advertisement