Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I won €200 on a scratch card earlier today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Finished one of my final essays for college :)

js35 wrote: »
    I won €200 on a scratch card earlier today :pac:

I can't work out how you won 200. Scratchcards have become so complicated!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had a great day with my favourite man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Just on the come down from a real big belly laugh over a sketch on YouTube. I could barely breathe with the laughter and even now fifteen minutes later I am still giggling away to myself over it. It's been a long while since I laughed so hard at anything. It was much wanted and needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm addicted to the Crazy Russian Hacker videos on YouTube. He gets so excited over kitchen gadgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The purring of a contented cat snuggling abed with me. Sweetest music in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Waking to a warm house.

AND

A heart-warming WhatsApp from a grandson just for the heck of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The big ginger cat trundling sleepily in to see me and jumping onto my shoulder. He'd go around like that for an hour if I let him. He goes back to sleep for the day when I shift him off. And the dog running off overjoyed withher garlic bread, tail wagging, diving into the dog bed and burying it under the cushion and blankets and guarding it like a hen on a nest of eggs. She seems to have learned to hoard food in her past life, which is sad to think about. Not really a huge cat OR dog person but they do make me smile sometimes.

Aawww Widdershins, you've reminded me my dog used to hide food when we got her at first. We lived in an apartment at the time so she didn't have many places to hide it in private. So we'd have to look away, pretend we were occupied with something else and then she'd feel safe to bury it in the sofa! :D She's too greedy, due to medication, to do that now, everything eaten on sight! But that memory has definitely made me TH. Thanks!

Btw garlic is poisonous to dogs. I'm sure there's not enough in a single piece of garlic bread to be a concern (unless its like my Mam's homemade garlic bread with a full clove on each slice :D ) but I wouldn't make it a regular snack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Large amounts are poisonous, B. To Both dogs and cats actually. 1 slice wouldn't be much harm but I'd be cautious.

Oh crap. Thank you. I thought I knew all the dangerous foods. The other dog would steal chocolate if you left it within reach ( she's a whippet so within reach means within jumping distance. She can spring onto the table or worktop). It's almost like having a toddler to look out for.

Oh crap. Thank you. I thought I knew all the dangerous foods. The other dog would steal chocolate if you left it within reach ( she's a whippet so within reach means within jumping distance. She can spring onto the table or worktop). It's almost like having a toddler to look out for.

My cats are as bad with anything edible. I am not as swiftmoving these days so they pounce... ah well; they more than "repay" their thefts.. we share all things here. Happy is watching a hungry cat eat..prefer that to eating!

A nice handwritten thank you letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I adopted a koala last night for my niece who lives in Sydney and I’m so happy about it. There’s a video doing the rounds on social media and I absolutely can’t bear to see animals in distress.

One of the Love Island Australia people I follow on instagram (I know, I know) posted a link to the New South Wales koala hospital so I thought, rather than sending some crap out with my parents who are going in a few weeks, have the adoption delivered to their apartment.
    But now I want another one for meeee!

Being taken for a spin I know not where. Mini magical mystery tour just because we can. The driver's pretty hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting with my 6yo, she tells me she knows how to count to 100. Grand says I, go.
    So 1,2,3,etc to 100. Then 101 102 103 !
    Darling, I really need to pee ! .
    Thats ok dad , I can wait and start again at zero.
    She's persistent:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just out from beauty salon. Coffee & bickies on arrival and departure. Fell asleep during treatment. Beautician “fixed my makeup” after the treatment (i.e did it properly) and gave me lots of suitable samples from a recent promotion. I’m beginning to think, I actually made money from this visit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see 21 Bridges at the cinema tomorrow

An Post makes me frequently and consistently happy!. Goods I ordered online yday are out here earlier this morning.

Happens reliably and makes a house/islandbound life that much more..... luxurious.

• Advertisement

I don't buy much makeup or skincare but when I do it makes me shudder at checkout. Tried cheaper versions but its a cost per use and effectiveness thing. At this time of year they have gift sets at the same price as the single product Id be buying anyway, with free travel sized products which makes me TH as the free item keeps me going for an extra couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've a pair of motorcycle trousers that says 'hand wash only', but I threw them in the machine on a 'delicate' cycle and they came out fine. Score one for laziness!

When you've given up on the day as a dull dark dreary grey waste and the sun breaks through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I found some Halloween sweets I'd forgotten about. As excited as a four year old, I'll never grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That all in all it hasn't been a bad week . Medical issues getting sorted , all the (grown) kids are doing ok and the little ones are funny , independent little characters , that's all that matters to me , that they're all ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

madmaggie wrote:
    I found some Halloween sweets I'd forgotten about. As excited as a four year old, I'll never grow up.

I have loads left over in my classroom too! Nice treat when the kiddies go home ;)

I have wine and gorgeous fire going. Happy Friday everyone!

Quietly happy and honoured that y;day I was asked if I would repeat the Advent setting I did for our little Church last year... An honour. :)

Advent is the season I love most. Even more than Christmas. Anticipation...

I have a week to source candles!

Being islandbound throws up constant challenges... Searching online... Would have loved to use the tradition of purple and pink candles but cost and availability...ay me!

Last year I crocheted narrow purple and pink bands at the base of the white candles and that worked great.

Smiling with quiet happiness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I really enjoyed 21 Bridges

Doves cooing (being the genius that I am, I thought they were woodpigeons).

Also, I saw someone from the old days, years ago when I had a different life with different circle of people round me.

• Advertisement

A mild day that allows a bit of outdoor activity.

Advertisement