Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy touches girls arm, faces 10 years for sexual assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Where are the mentions of him stalking and touching multiple women in the OP's article?

I have no idea, I don't work for the Daily Mail.

I imagine it was left out on purpose though, you know to satisfy the type of reader it was intended for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Boggles wrote: »
    I have no idea, I don't work for the Daily Mail.

I imagine it was left out on purpose though, you know to satisfy the type of reader it was intended for.

So where are you getting this multiple women information from?
    Any direction to where I would find it?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

So where are you getting this multiple women information from?
    Any direction to where I would find it?

The Manchester Evening news article was the original.
    I had reported the previous incident to the police to days before hand as it had been going around that other incidents had occurred and I thought I could give more evidence, and then it happened again. It came up on a local Facebook group chat

Can you think of any reason the Daily Mail would have left that out of their version, seems pretty important right?

https://www.knutsfordguardian.co.uk/news/17970059.knutsford-man-convicted-sexual-assault/
    A subsequent examination of his mobile phone revealed a number of deleted text messages he had sent to a family member.

Within the messages, which were sent on the morning of November 8, just hours after investigating officers had made house-to-house inquiries in the street where he lived, Jamie talked about the incidents.

He wrote: “It wasn’t just one incident, but I’m done now. Please I have uni to think about. I was just so lonely.”

A message sent to Griffiths from the family member read: “So you grabbed her butt and then ran immediately?

The victim in this case never claimed he grabbed her back side, so some other poor young girl must have been on the raw end of his make a friend technique.
    PC Lawrence Price said: “Incidents of this nature are rare in the Knutsford area, and Griffiths’ actions understandably caused a large amount of concern in the local community

Would one single girl been touched twice cause a large amount of concern in the community?

No it wouldn't.

The díckhead was stalking, touching young girls and running off for a fortnight or more.

Of course he shát himself when he heard the police were looking for him, just wanted to 'concentrate on Uni then'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Update on the Gascoigne trial is that he was cleared of the charge of 'assault by beating' too.

I wonder if there is a gap in how a judge and a jury interpret the laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

osarusan wrote: »
    Update on the Gascoigne trial is that he was cleared of the charge of 'assault by beating' too.

Can you post a link please?

I believe you I am asking for the link as I am interested and would like to read it.:)

• Advertisement

Of course there is, that's why in the States picking the Jury is basically a science.

The facts of the case are, this creepy dhead landed himself in court because he stalked and touched multiple young women in isolated areas, it is his fault and his fault alone.
    That is absolutely not proven as fact, not at all.

He was in court for touching one girl. Not for touching multiple girls.

The girl mentioned a facebook page where other incidents were reported, but there was no claim that Griffiths was responsible. It may be true, it may not be true. It hasn't been proven as fact.

Griffiths mentioned 'more than one incident' but he was involved with more than one incident with the girl who took him to court. There may have been other girls, there may not have been. It hasn't been proven as fact.

The police mentioned that his actions had caused a lot of concern in the area. You have interpreted this to mean he had done this to more than one girl, as just one girl wouldn't have generated such concern. You might be right, you might not be wright. It hasn't been proven as fact.

You are claiming certain things are 'the facts of this case' but these things haven't been proven to be facts at all.

I have to say, again, that they way you make your arguments is simply dishonest.

The girl mentioned a facebook page where other incidents were reported, but there was no claim that Griffiths was responsible.

The girl said she heard of other incidents, then another incident popped up on facebook. Your not been dishonest yourself are you? No I don't think you are.

So what you think yourself?

In the space of a fortnight or whatever it was, There was 2 autistic young men with the same make a friend technique bothering young girls in the same area?
    I have to say, again, that they way you make your arguments is simply dishonest.

I must have missed it the first time.

Oh well.

There was 2 autistic young men with the same make a friend technique bothering young girls in the same area?
    Can you provide a link to wherever you saw it mentioned that the facebook page about other incidents in the area specified that the same 'make a friend' technique had been used?

Can you provide a link to wherever you saw it mentioned that the facebook page about other incidents in the area specified that the same 'make a friend' technique had been used?

I have ASD and I do not like physical contact as it makes me uneasy.

Having ASD should not be used as an excuse for bad behaviour.
    I have pretty right wing views and most people on the spectrum that I have met online would be pretty left wing if they even cared about politics in the first place.

Going around touching people is pure creepy.

• Advertisement

Why would the victim specifically mention other incidents in her testimony if it wasn't relevant.

I'll ask again do you think he was hassling other girls given what we know?

Why would the victim specifically mention other incidents in her testimony if it wasn't relevant.

Regardless of what side I would take here I hate posts like yours here.
    This is a discussion forum not a court no need to cross examine people.

I would hazard a guess he most likely was but that other poster is correct we don't know.

That doesn't answer my question at all. Your argument is that it's extremely unlikely that there are two guys in the area with the same 'make a friend technique'.

I'm asking you provide a link to the facebook page, or any other source for that matter, which makes it clear that the other incidents mentioned also involved that technique.

That's what you're claiming, please back the claim up.

That doesn't answer my question at all. Your argument is that it's extremely unlikely that there are two guys in the area with the same 'make a friend technique'.

Yes.

I'm asking you do you agree with me or not?

I'll make it easier for you though, do you think this díckhead was the same díckhead that was involved in the other incidents the victim stated in court?

Regardless of what side I would take here I hate posts like yours here.

Why would you take anybody's side but your own? :confused:

Yes.

I'm asking you do you agree with me or not?

I'll make it easier for you though, do you think this dhead was the same dhead that was involved in the other incidents the victim stated in court?

I think it's possible obviously, even likely. But not in any proven as a fact of the case.

Now, as I answered your question, please answer mine and provide a link which references the facebook page, or any other source for that matter, which makes it clear that the other incidents mentioned also involved that technique.

I think it's possible obviously, even likely. But not in any proven as a fact of the case.

Now, as I answered your question, please answer mine and provide a link to the facebook page, or any other source for that matter, which makes it clear that the other incidents mentioned also involved that technique.

A bit of friendly advice don't hold your breath waiting for that answer.;)

Now, as I answered your question, please answer mine and provide a link which references the facebook page, or any other source for that matter, which makes it clear that the other incidents mentioned also involved that technique.

You do know I was joking when I said "make a friend technique" right?

I say without doubt and absolute certainty this díckhead was the same involved in the other incidents.

You do know I was joking when I said "make a friend technique" right?

Do you mean on the board or have you being trying this with young women on the street?:eek:

Do you mean on the board or have you being trying this with young women on the street?:eek:

I have no idea what you are talking about, please stop asking me questions.

• Advertisement

Can you post a link please?

I believe you I am asking for the link as I am interested and would like to read it.:)

Here is one.
    Plus Gazza even managed to thank his dentist - No I am not making that up

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/17/gazza-trial-paul-gascoigne-cleared-sexually-assaulting-woman/

I have ASD and I do not like physical contact as it makes me uneasy.

Having ASD should not be used as an excuse for bad behaviour.
    I have pretty right wing views and most people on the spectrum that I have met online would be pretty left wing if they even cared about politics in the first place.

Going around touching people is pure creepy.
    Why would you take anybody's side but your own? :confused:

If you read Cinemaguy45's post above - I believe it is because he feels a small bit conflicted about it as he has ASD (Autism spectrum disorder) himself, but thinks that it was a correct decision by the court.

I suppose Cinemaguy45 is the fella to ask whether he thinks Jamie Griffiths might have Autism or maybe on some form of the spectrum.

If you read Cinemaguy45's post above - I believe it is because he feels a small bit conflicted about it as he has ASD (Autism spectrum disorder) himself, but thinks that it was a correct decision by the court.

I suppose Cinemaguy45 is the fella to ask whether he thinks Jamie Griffiths might have Autism or maybe on some form of the spectrum.

Somebody who reads the posts what a refreshing change.

I am guessing he is on the spectrum but I think the court was also correct yes.
    This guy comes across as a pervert that is using ASD as an excuse.

Having ASD can lead to misunderstandings but going around touching women is not a misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I say without doubt and absolute certainty this díckhead was the same involved in the other incidents.

I agree with your opinion but we can't say it's fact. I think that's what people are saying to you. I may be wrong!

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I agree with your opinion but we can't say it's fact. I think that's what people are saying to you. I may be wrong!

It's a fact if it is true.

I imagine it will be confirmed on the 23rd when he is due to be sentenced.

I don't think he should get a custodial sentence assuming he has no previous, it also depends on the criminal damage conviction, whether he has to go on some sort of watch list or not, I presume the courts will be furnished with a report.

It's a fact if it is true.

I imagine it will be confirmed on the 23rd when he is due to be sentenced

So you agree that as of now it's not a fact?

So you agree that as of now it's not a fact?

I'd be 100% convinced it is true.

I imagine you do too.

I'd be 100% convinced it is true.

I imagine you do too.

I do agree with you 100%

You do agree it's not a fact as of yet though?

I do agree with you 100%

You do agree it's not a fact as of yet though?

Of course it is.

The victims testimony and police response and he admitting to a family member he touched a girl on the "butt".

The victim never claimed that in this case nor did he.

The "butt" belonged to someone else.

Therefore it is a fact he touched multiple girls.

• Advertisement

Of course it is.

The victims testimony and police response and he admitting to a family member he touched a girl on the "butt".

The victim never claimed that in this case nor did he.

The "butt" belonged to someone else.

Therefore it is a fact he touched multiple girls.

Ok fair enough. I'll agree to disagree but also agree overall ha!

Advertisement