Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy touches girls arm, faces 10 years for sexual assault

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Well if you could that would be great. I expect you cant.

Well your expectations along with your opinions are probably right.

At least in your own mind anyway.

I would have said let’s agree to disagree but then I don’t feel the need to condescend to articulate my opinions. This appears to be your MO so have at it. You think it’s sexual assault, I don’t.

Tomayto tomato.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Can you debate without name calling?

I didn't call you a name, I described your posting style.
    I can’t say the same for you and the cohort here who agree that a touch on the arm( and waist) (yes, TWICE, I’m not forgetting!) is a sexual assault.

It's not my opinion.

Also cohort, nice?

What happened to being nice, respectful and not name calling?

Boggles wrote: »
    I didn't call you a name, I described your posting style.

It's not my opinion.

Also cohort, nice?

What happened to being nice, respectful and not name calling?

Struggling to find the offence at the use of cohort.

In a similar way I struggle to view a (TWO!) touches on the arm a sexual assault.

Edited to add: What about my posting style is hardcore? Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well your expectations along with your opinions are probably right.

At least in your own mind anyway.

I would have said let’s agree to disagree but then I don’t feel the need to condescend to articulate my opinions. This appears to be your MO so have at it. You think it’s sexual assault, I don’t.

Tomayto tomato.

I am asking you to backup your assertion that the girl was hysterical. You clearly cannot do that. as always it is the girl that is wrong and the poor lad is entirely innocent.

Struggling to find the offence at the use of cohort.

In a similar way I struggle to view a (TWO!) touches on the arm a sexual assault.

Edited to add: What about my posting style is hardcore? Genuine question.

one touch on the arm, the second on the waist. what was that about reading comprehension?

• Advertisement

I am asking you to backup your assertion that the girl was hysterical. You clearly cannot do that. as always it is the girl that is wrong and the poor lad is entirely innocent.

Incidentally I also said he was odd, do I need to provide evidence for that also? It’s just I’ve a long evening ahead of me and I’d really like to know what’s expected of me to illustrate my opinions so that a stranger on boards can tell me why they’re wrong instead of maybe comprehend that there exists opinions that are polar opposites of his/her own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

one touch on the arm, the second on the waist. what was that about reading comprehension?

He said arm, she said side and other people say waist.

I found her descriptions of the incident midly suspicious as they had a lot of extra detail that were leading the narrative. 'Whipped around' being one of them and you can find the others yourself. People who are nervous don't describe incidents like that as what's more important is the incident rather than the perception.

The killer condescension card again.

I’m dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I found her descriptions of the incident midly suspicious as they had a lot of extra detail that were leading the narrative. 'Whipped around' being one of them and you can find the others yourself. People who are nervous don't describe incidents like that as what's more important is the incident rather than the perception.

You know you're clutching at straws when you're relying on this kind of guff. People are different, people describe things differently. When you find yourself in the position of a judging appropriateness of words like 'whipped around' because she was nervous. You've lost the run of it at this stage.

Incidentally I also said he was odd, do I need to provide evidence for that also? It’s just I’ve a long evening ahead of me and I’d really like to know what’s expected of me to illustrate my opinions so that a stranger on boards can tell me why they’re wrong instead of maybe comprehend that there exists opinions that are polar opposites of his/her own?

It is pretty simple. Give us some quotes from the article that back up your assertion that she was hysterical. If you cant them perhaps lay off the victim-blaming.

• Advertisement

You seem to find everything about her mildly suspicious whereas standing with your face in a bush is totally normal.

You know you're clutching at straws when you're relying on this kind of guff. People are different, people describe things differently. When you find yourself in the position of a judging appropriateness of words like 'whipped around' because she was nervous. You've lost the run of it at this stage.

Or I have a higher emotional intelligience than you do :pac:

Eh, more phrasing it as my perception than any solid evidence. You can chillax.

It is pretty simple. Give us some quotes from the article that back up your assertion that she was hysterical. If you cant them perhaps lay off the victim-blaming.

It’s really not necessary for you to repeat what you expect of me. I’m not a half wit, I’m just not saying how high when you say jump. Because I can’t obviously (preempting your comeback).

She’s not a victim. She was touched on the arm and the waist and she was made to feel uncomfortable.

Does not a victim make.

This is going around in circles.

Have fun convincing yourself that a(TWO!) touches on the arm (AND waist! See, I’m not forgetting, aren’t I great) :D is a legitimate sexual assault.

You are struggling because you do not know the law and refuse to apply context using the actual facts of the case.

A bit like this creepy díckhead, your predicament is all of your own making.

I get it though, it's easier blame someone else.

It’s really not necessary for you to repeat what you expect of me. I’m not a half wit, I’m just not saying how high when you say jump. Because I can’t obviously (preempting your comeback).

She’s not a victim. She was touched on the arm and the waist and she was made to feel uncomfortable.

Does not a victim make.

This is going around in circles.

Have fun convincing yourself that a(TWO!) touches on the arm (AND waist! See, I’m not forgetting, aren’t I great) :D is a legitimate sexual assault.

I dont need to convince myself of anything. Your attempt to normalise his behavious is as pathetic as your mates.

I found her descriptions of the incident midly suspicious

Again facing hedges, jumping out and touching multiple young girls is perfectly normal behavior.

I hope you are on the WUM because the alternative is quite sad.

You are struggling because you do not know the law and refuse to apply context using the actual facts of the case.

A bit like this creepy díckhead, your predicament is all of your own making.

I get it though, it's easier blame someone else.

I’m not in any predicament of anyone’s making.

You overestimate my investment here.

I dont need to convince myself of anything. Your attempt to normalise his behavious is as pathetic as your mates.

That IS good news!

Again facing hedges, jumping out and touching multiple young girls is perfectly normal behavior.

I hope you are on the WUM because the alternative is quite sad.

This might be the last contribution, but I really find the emphasis on the hedge kind of funny. It's just such a focus on an inane peice of detail.

You overestimate my investment here.

I believe you have done that yourself.

• Advertisement

I believe you have done that yourself.

What a burn!

11/10.

This might be the last contribution

Tease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Yeah he won’t be charged just a creep, it doesn’t say ‘touch someone on the waist’ in ‘how to make friends?’ Advice columns.

There’s far more serious stuff in our own courts at present.

Public masturbation by sex offender: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/sex-offender-faces-partially-suspended-sentence-over-masturbating-in-public-1.4051484?mode=amp

Sober guys pick up two girls off their face and take them home allegedly raping one of them, dodgy as **** behaviour: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/student-allegedly-raped-was-too-drunk-to-consent-to-sex-1.4051328?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

spare me the junior modding.

He asked you not to do something he is uncomfortable with. Seems odd you wouldn't comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Yeah he won’t be charged

He has been found guilty.

Societies fault.

He was only trying to make a friend.

Yeah he won’t be charged just a creep, it doesn’t say ‘touch someone on the waist’ in ‘how to make friends?’ Advice columns.

There’s far more serious stuff in our own courts at present.

Public masturbation by sex offender: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/sex-offender-faces-partially-suspended-sentence-over-masturbating-in-public-1.4051484?mode=amp

Sober guys pick up two girls off their face and take them home allegedly raping one of them, dodgy as **** behaviour: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/student-allegedly-raped-was-too-drunk-to-consent-to-sex-1.4051328?mode=amp

Asked about evidence from the other woman that she was heard moaning and saying the word “harder”, she said she may have been dreaming and had a history of talking and moaning in her sleep.

That is very unfortunate timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Or I have a higher emotional intelligience than you do :pac:

Eh, more phrasing it as my perception than any solid evidence. You can chillax.

You think your emotional intelligence is so great you can critique how a teenage woman would phrase something in court? I think you're really clutching at straws.

You think your emotional intelligence is so great you can critique how a teenage woman would phrase something in court? I think you're really clutching at straws.

You know, I think it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'm not entirely sure what men are meant to do to not be percieved as non threatening. Stoicly stare off into the distance?
    There was a thread in AH a few years ago about the video that came out of a woman walking around NYC (I think) during which she received an awful lot of comments/attention. In that thread there were a few posters trying to spin a narrative of 'If we can't tell a random woman on the street she has a nice ass, WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?'

And I see the same thing here. If we can't walk up to a girl and wordlessly touch her, then...what are men supposed to do?

We've already had some idiotic posts about how the prohibition of such behaviour effectively leads to the end of society. Some people just love to delude themselves that societal norms, and society itself, is coming to an end.

Advertisement