Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy touches girls arm, faces 10 years for sexual assault

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Boggles wrote: »
    She didn't stalk or touch anyone. She was the victim of a crime. But even if you believe his BS version of events that he was stalking and touching young girls to make friends at the very least she was the victim of some very creepy and weird behavior.

To call her a "toxic woman" because of the creepy actions of someone else is pretty extreme to say the least.

It was toxic, but shes a teenage girl and the current times are toxic.I stand by what I said.

But your post was a good contribution.

Depends on the Context.

If she tapped Jimmy on the arm to ask if he knows what time the bus is coming, then yes it would be extreme to call the police.

If she had form for potential stalking behaviours, waited for Jimmy to be isolated on a bridge and approached him without saying anything, touched him and walked away and this was the second time it happened, then no. Going to the police seems fairly reasonable.

If the police have had a few reports like this in the past and his behaviour appears to be stalking, then yes it is reasonable to prosecute.

I think the urge to spin this as a "poor men" story, is unfortunate. There are loads of factors that we don't know. We don't know how "socially awkward" he is -read doesn't understand social Interactions. We don't know if he has been exhibiting stalker behaviour, we don't know his risk level, we don't know his attitudes to others (which could well be skewed by his lack of understanding social interactions).

I presume the Crown Prosecution Service had the best overview of the relevant factors. But I acknowledge they can make mistakes.

What do you think?

I don't believe in any form that a woman would be prosecuted for doing the same. Are there any sources on the multiple reports? There should be Facebook posts or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,626 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It was toxic, but shes a teenage girl and the current times are toxic.I stand by what I said.

So when you called her a "Toxic Woman" you meant all teenage girls?

Not just specifically her?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I don't believe in any form that a woman would be prosecuted for doing the same. Are there any sources on the multiple reports? There should be Facebook posts or something.

Just the sources that have been posted earlier in the thread.

So when you called her a "Toxic Woman" you meant all teenage girls?

Not just specifically her?

Actually, I reread what I wrote and I said sign of a toxic woman. And yes, I completely stand by that as there are signs of toxic behaviour in the qouted language.

No offense, but you kind of run away with things.

• Advertisement

Actually, I reread what I wrote and I said sign of a toxic woman. And yes, I completely stand by that as there are signs of toxic behaviour in the qouted language.

Yeah. You also said you think the woman did nothing wrong by going to the police and it's the police/CPS at fault for pursuing it. So you're a bit all over the shop.

Yeah. You also said you think the woman did nothing wrong by going to the police and it's the police/CPS at fault for pursuing it. So you're a bit all over the shop.

Not really and I honestly can't be bothered explaining it.

That's the same thing, but here is your post in full.
    She does need therapy for her own toxic behaviour and using a guy as an excuse for failing a test.

Really. It sounds harsh but the language in the article is , imo, a sign of a toxic woman. Sorry, but I think it's true.

That's the same thing, but here is your post in full.

Hmmmm, the first part was a bit melodramatic, but the second part seems grand to me.

Are there any sources on the multiple reports?

From the "Toxic Woman's" own testimony.
    I had reported the previous incident to the police to days before hand as it had been going around that other incidents had occurred and I thought I could give more evidence, and then it happened again. It came up on a local Facebook group chat.

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, the first part was a bit melodramatic, but the second part seems grand to me.

I didn't doubt it.

From the "Toxic Woman's" own testimony.

I am sorry but you are genuinely hilarious. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Probably at the point where they need to do courses in schools telling people how to talk to other people in real life. How to approach and how not to.

beauf wrote: »
    Probably at the point where they need to do courses in schools telling people how to talk to other people in real life. How to approach and how not to.

No we ain't. Not at least on the back of this case.

It's very simple do not stalk and touch young girls.

This case isn't complex.

Oh yes we are...(panto season)...

Not really and I honestly can't be bothered explaining it.

No need to explain. It's what you said.

So while you stand by saying her behaviour was toxic, you also said she did nothing wrong. So as I said, your position is a bit all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wrongs a strong word, but thank you for latching onto that and disregarding everything else that I said ;) P.S. He's a schoolboy.

He was 17 or possibly 18 i cant remember so not really a boy. certainly old enough to know right from wrong
    But, she didn't really do anything wrong tbh. It was well within her right to report it to the police (and I don't blame her for that in any shape or form) and she's a teenager so the melodrama* isn't a big deal. She didn't even make a false accusation.

For somebody who did nothing wrong she seems to be getting a lot of stick.

He was 17 or possibly 18 i cant remember so not really a boy. certainly old enough to know right from wrong

He was 18.

She was 17.

No need to explain. It's what you said.

So while you stand by saying her behaviour was toxic, you also said she did nothing wrong. So as I said, your position is a bit all over the shop.

You and boggles are the best argument against having two wives :pac:

I'll add they need to do classes where people need to know the laws around harassment, sexual assault and stalking.

• Advertisement

Where did you correct the poster on using schoolgirl?

Where did you correct the poster on using schoolgirl?

is that all you have to offer?

He was 17 or possibly 18 i cant remember so not really a boy. certainly old enough to know right from wrong...

Normally you'd assume so. Could be more to it than age, could some other condition of difficulty, diagnosed or not.

Normally you'd assume so. Could be more to it than age, could some other condition of difficulty, diagnosed or not.

None that a court thought made any difference or reduced his culpability.

None that a court thought made any difference or reduced his culpability.

I meant generally.

I don't know what the details are in this case. Seems like there weren't any other conditions.

is that all you have to offer?

Sure. Seems a bit strange to correct one usage and not correct another :rolleyes:

You and boggles are the best argument against having two wives :pac:

OK. It makes it difficult to have a normal chat when you hold contradictory positions.

Sure. Seems a bit strange to correct one usage and not correct another :rolleyes:

One was the innocent victim. the other was was the perpretrator. You tried to downplay the age of the perpetrator. i corrected you.

I'll add they need to do classes where people need to know the laws around harassment, sexual assault and stalking.

They don't.

This guy is a pest an outlier.

Virtually all young men in decent society who do not have a mental disability are well aware that stalking and touching young girls is wrong, including this díckhead.

The ones who know it's wrong and do it anyway are breaking the law and that's why the judicial system is there.

• Advertisement

Oh yes they do... (Panto season)

Lots of comments in this thread because people don't know what constitutes stalking, or indeed only partially read the details of the case, or took the tabloid reporting at face value.

Advertisement