Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What January sales? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I’m looking at buying myself a pair of Bose QC35 headphones, and was wondering would these double up well as a gaming headset for my soon to be bought Series X? Does anybody use them as a gaming headset? And if so, any extra wires or adaptors needed?
    I currently use a cheap Turtle Beach headset so it would be great if the QC35s could double up as a decent gaming headset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭amber2

Apologies if posted in the incorrect thread anyone know where is the cheapest digital download of GTA V as Xbox won’t read the disk, must be the laser disk is in perfect condition. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I’m looking at buying myself a pair of Bose QC35 headphones, and was wondering would these double up well as a gaming headset for my soon to be bought Series X? Does anybody use them as a gaming headset? And if so, any extra wires or adaptors needed?
    I currently use a cheap Turtle Beach headset so it would be great if the QC35s could double up as a decent gaming headset

They can be used as a gaming headset, but need to be connected by the 3.5mm jack on the controller.

Amazon Germany currently have the headphones that replaced the QC35ii down to €250. These can also be connected by the jack on the controller.

https://www.amazon.de/Bose-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones-Schwarz/dp/B07Q9MJKBV/

amber2 wrote: »
    Apologies if posted in the incorrect thread anyone know where is the cheapest digital download of GTA V as Xbox won’t read the disk, must be the laser disk is in perfect condition. Tia

€15 in the sale.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/grand-theft-auto-v-premium-edition/c496clvxmjp8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

They can be used as a gaming headset, but need to be connected by the 3.5mm jack on the controller.

Amazon Germany currently have the headphones that replaced the QC35ii down to €250. These can also be connected by the jack on the controller.

https://www.amazon.de/Bose-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones-Schwarz/dp/B07Q9MJKBV/

Have you used them as a headset? Any issues with them?
    Is it the cable that comes in the box or does it need a different cable for gaming? I’ve read a few different things online, some say it needs to be a different cable. Some also say it won’t work in party chat, only in game chat

Have you used them as a headset? Any issues with them?
    Is it the cable that comes in the box or does it need a different cable for gaming? I’ve read a few different things online, some say it needs to be a different cable. Some also say it won’t work in party chat, only in game chat

Cable it comes with is fine for game audio. To use the mic you need a QC25 android cable. This cable will work on the QC 35ii and the 700, whichever you decide to buy.

https://www.bose.ie/en_ie/products/headphones/headphone_accessories/quietcomfort-25-headphones-inline-mic-remote-samsung-and-android-devices.html#v=qc25_audiocable_android_acc_black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Can you buy charge and play kits for the new Xbox controller with USB C? Can't see any for sale in Ireland/EU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Akesh wrote: »
    Can you buy charge and play kits for the new Xbox controller with USB C? Can't see any for sale in Ireland/EU

As in a charger pack for the controller? if so, I bought this the other day and works great.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8399160/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+BATTERY.htm

Yes, Smyths have the Microsoft one for €23.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Does the battery/charge kit from the the box one work with series x anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

limnam wrote: »
    Does the battery/charge kit from the the box one work with series x anyone know ?

Yep, using the battery and a hb usb c cable to charge it

Thanks for the help! Argos don't seem to do the white/series s version!

There is no white battery. The battery cover for your controller will cover it unlike the older 360 batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

There is no white battery. The battery cover for your controller will cover it unlike the older 360 batteries.

Thanks, I had assumed they were like the old models!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Hey folks, have always been a PS owner, first Xbox in the house (it’s the young fellas). He has a SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless headset that he uses with his Switch however he isn’t able to get the mic talk through on the X Series.

I can hear through the headset alright when tethered to the controller. I’ve Googled it but can’t get a definitive answer. Is anyone else in the same predicament and found a work around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

van_beano wrote: »
    Hey folks, have always been a PS owner, first Xbox in the house (it’s the young fellas). He has a SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless headset that he uses with his Switch however he isn’t able to get the mic talk through on the X Series.

I can hear through the headset alright when tethered to the controller. I’ve Googled it but can’t get a definitive answer. Is anyone else in the same predicament and found a work around?

‘Isn’t able to get the the mic through on the Xbox’ but you can ‘hear through the controller’.

Not sure what that means? I don’t think the Arctis 1 works wirelessly with an Xbox without a USB dongle connected to the console. Do you have that connected?

Does it work when connected to the controller via a cable?

Can you hear audio through it?

Also, it’s worth connecting the headset to a laptop/pc and updating it to the latest firmware though the software you can get from the steel series website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

The headphones work when both wired to the controller and also wirelessly with the dongle, he can hear the audio through them.

However, no one hears him when he speaks through the mic when he’s playing with his friends. It works perfectly on the Switch, just wondering if this is an Xbox issue and has anyone else experienced it.

Edit: Just saw your edit, I’ll give the firmware update a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I sow that State of Decoy 2 got Series X update, so decided to have a look, because I love this game and haven't played for a while now. And all I can say: Wow, I would say the biggest improvement from any game i sow so far. 60fps, everything looks amazing. Its like a new game.

Would love to play some Sea of Thieves too, as I absolutely love the concept, unfortunately, I don't have any friends. :pac: Can't use the mic too, because my voice irritates my misses even more when she hears only my voice in conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Picked up the Seriex X on the 23rd from HN. Only really got to spend some time with it today. I'm a PS guy traditionally but I returned my PS5 as it was extremely loud with fan and coil whine and was wrecking my experience. I must say as a first time xbox owner that I have been blown away with my first few hours of it. Its almost dead silent which is what inwwnted most from a console, gamepass has a great selection of games and the load times are great. Really looking forward to getting more time with it. Have just been messing around with R6 Siege, Fifa and RDR2 so far.

Picked up the Seriex X on the 23rd from HN. Only really got to spend some time with it today. I'm a PS guy traditionally but I returned my PS5 as it was extremely loud with fan and coil whine and was wrecking my experience. I must say as a first time xbox owner that I have been blown away with my first few hours of it. Its almost dead silent which is what inwwnted most from a console, gamepass has a great selection of games and the load times are great. Really looking forward to getting more time with it. Have just been messing around with R6 Siege, Fifa and RDR2 so far.

I have nothing against PS consoles. I will get ps5 at some point, as I always get all consoles in generation. Though game pass has ruined me and for the first time ever, it makes me stall getting other platforms. I am just way too used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I have nothing against PS consoles. I will get ps5 at some point, as I always get all consoles in generation. Though game pass has ruined me and for the first time ever, it makes me stall getting other platforms. I am just way too used to it.

I was mad to get a PS5 up until maybe a couple of weeks ago when i really got stuck into gamepass stuff on my X and realised that i'm not really in that my of a hurry to get the PS5 any more.

I'd only get Demons Souls for it and maybe continue my Persona 5 Royal save and then i'd be back to the X because of the sheer choice available. It says a lot when 2 of the 3 PS Plus games for next month are already on gamepass.

PS in general is becoming a really bad value prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

I think the xbox series x is fantastic.
    Super quiet and cool - temperature and aesthetically.
    Hopefully it'll stay quiet over its lifetime. Or there is an easy way to clean out the fan etc.
    Quick resume and fast start up is brilliant. Basically a few seconds from cold boot into a game. BAM!

I think the xbox series x is fantastic.
    Super quiet and cool - temperature and aesthetically.
    Hopefully it'll stay quiet over its lifetime. Or there is an easy way to clean out the fan etc.
    Quick resume and fast start up is brilliant. Basically a few seconds from cold boot into a game. BAM!

I think, that I mighty be a bit of dinosaur in that respect. Now don't understand me wrong. I think the feature of quick resuming is great! Though... I am a person who just fully closes games after done paying and only then turning off console. I grew up with Pentium I 200mhz and 8mb of ram, so you know... better keep everything under control lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Same, also a bit paranoid. :)
    But once the game has been saved manually or automatically recently I'm not too bothered.
    I do occasionally exit the game completely. Still starts up really quickly.
    Also, the save or at least a recent one should be in the cloud.
    Worse case scenario is that a corrupt save gets saved to the cloud.

Meanwhile, on Switch, you have to pay for their cloud service just to backup a save...

I think MS/Sony/Nintendo are finally getting it that customer save files are really important to them.
    I think one thing that swung me to Xbox series x over PS5 was that MS had my bloody save files for Xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Same, also a bit paranoid. :)
    But once the game has been saved manually or automatically recently I'm not too bothered.
    I do occasionally exit the game completely. Still starts up really quickly.
    Also, the save or at least a recent one should be in the cloud.
    Worse case scenario is that a corrupt save gets saved to the cloud.

Meanwhile, on Switch, you have to pay for their cloud service just to backup a save...

I think MS/Sony/Nintendo are finally getting it that customer save files are really important to them.
    I think one thing that swung me to Xbox series x over PS5 was that MS had my bloody save files for Xbox!

You need to pay for cloud saves with Sony as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You need to pay for cloud saves with Sony as well.

The cloud save feature on the Xbox is such an underrated feature and to be honest it's one I didn't put much thought into before. I jump between two Xboxes quite a bit and dabble in Xcloud the odd time, and the seamless game saves are fantastic.

When I got the Series X I swapped my old Xbox with a mate for a PS4 so I could run through Spiderman and some of the other exclusives. Getting my game save from PS Now was such a pain. My sub had lapsed as I only picked up the trial a few months ago to try it out. They were basically locked away until I subbed again and since Spiderman was removed, I wasn't even sure if I could get it back.

In the end I just gave up and started fresh :rolleyes: Even the Ps Plus backup seems manual, although I'm open to correction on this as I cancelled it after the trial and didn't mess with it much.

The cloud save feature on the Xbox is such an underrated feature and to be honest it's one I didn't put much thought into before. I jump between two Xboxes quite a bit and dabble in Xcloud the odd time, and the seamless game saves are fantastic.

When I got the Series X I swapped my old Xbox with a mate for a PS4 so I could run through Spiderman and some of the other exclusives. Getting my game save from PS Now was such a pain. My sub had lapsed as I only picked up the trial a few months ago to try it out. They were basically locked away until I subbed again and since Spiderman was removed, I wasn't even sure if I could get it back.

In the end I just gave up and started fresh :rolleyes: Even the Ps Plus backup seems manual, although I'm open to correction on this as I cancelled it after the trial and didn't mess with it much.

The PS+ cloud saves are automatic on your home console, if you are not on your home console uploads are manual.

I was halfway through TLOU on my PS4, but sold it and decided that I would complete the game on my PS5. I still haven't got any further than installing the game....are you telling me I won't just be able to pick up the game where I left off on my PS4?!

Basil3 wrote: »
    I was halfway through TLOU on my PS4, but sold it and decided that I would complete the game on my PS5. I still haven't got any further than installing the game....are you telling me I won't just be able to pick up the game where I left off on my PS4?!

If you have your save on cloud storage you can download it and continue on.

The only issue was that saves for PS Now versions need to be converted for use.

PS Now is crap with that regard, GPU is a much better system made possible by the fact that Xbox handles drm far better than the PS consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

The PS+ cloud saves are automatic on your home console, if you are not on your home console uploads are manual.

Ah thats not so bad then, thanks for the info. Still a bit clunky compared to Xbox but good that it auto backs up. I doubt I'll pay for plus as I'm just gonna stick with single players that I've missed out on. I'll leave multiplayer to the Xbox.

Advertisement