Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone preordered here from Smyths in shop?I only got text 2 weeks ago that I will get another text when xbox will be ready to collect so wondering did anyone got any follow up text yet or any other info :)

You've answered your own question there.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Just watching the Tech Chap review and he said he had the Series X for nearly a month and the Series S ‘for a couple of weeks’.

But there’s been pretty much 0 hands-on previews etc of the S (obviously because of embargoes), compared to the X which we’ve seen tonnes of.

Reading a lot of people talking about cancelling theirs now that they’re hearing more.

Seems like MS themselves aren’t even confident about it?

Or I guess it’s not aimed as much at the crowd that want new gen on launch compared to the X?! Glad I splurged

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Or I guess it’s not aimed as much at the crowd that want new gen on launch compared to the X?! Glad I splurged

Thats my opinion on it. Series S is a great entry point for 200 less but the emphasis was rightly on the Series X when most people will be comparing it to the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The plan overall for the Series S will become more apparent when they launch X-Cloud via console. I think that's the future of that one for Microsoft, hence the storage not being a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Great value consoles, great hardware, great design, great service ( game pass), great backward compatibility. MS has everything right here. Fair play. I think the consoles will do very well. I'll certainly upgrade at some stage.

But no new kick ass games yet. And I don't think another FPS will win people over to XBox. To me XBox is saturated by that stuff already and there are plenty of similar competing titles cross platform and exclusive on other platforms.

They need a showcase title to compete with Sony now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Great value consoles, great hardware, great design, great service ( game pass), great backward compatibility. MS has everything right here. Fair play. I think the consoles will do very well.

But no new kick ass games yet. And I don't think another FPS will win people over to XBox. To me XBox is saturated by that stuff already and there are plenty of similar competing titles cross platform and exclusive on other platforms.

They have a lot of studios now it will take a bit of time to crank out some content.

I only got back into gaming during this lockdown their is plenty of the back catalog to keep me busy for now.

What a year we have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Hats off to all you posters. Casually gamer myself and still no console. I'll survive!!

You guys have been spreading links from Amazon Spain to Microsoft UK. Trying to help out people get their hands on the new console. It's the simple things in life. Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Great value consoles, great hardware, great design, great service ( game pass), great backward compatibility. MS has everything right here. Fair play. I think the consoles will do very well. I'll certainly upgrade at some stage.

New Elder Scrolls and will be on Game Pass Day 1. Those games alone are console sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Re the Xbox Series S. Apologies, and this has probably been answered multiple times. I believe new titles are only playable off the installed storage, or their 1tb specific SSD add on, but will all the backward compatible stuff be playable off of any external SSD?

Games that are optimised for Series X must be played from the internal SSD or the Seagate Expansion slot to benefit from the velocity architecture.
    Do what I do currently. I store the games on external hard drive and transfer them to internal when I want to play them. So you have 5 or 6 games you are currently playing on internal.

You can play back compat games off a normal external drive only.

So when they come out I plan to store Series X games only on the SSD.

I'll eventually get an expansion when the cheaper options come out in a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

murpho999 wrote: »
    Games that are optimised for Series X must be played from the internal SSD or the Seagate Expansion slot to benefit from the velocity architecture.

You can play back compat games off a normal external drive only.

So when they come out I plan to store Series X games only on the SSD.

I'll eventually get an expansion when the cheaper options come out in a year or so.

I will only store them there not play from there.

• Advertisement

I will only store them there not play from there.

Yes but there's zero issue playing a back compat game off an external drive so why not keep your storage for Series X/S games if you have them?

Your disc and choice of course.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yes but there's zero issue playing a back compat game off an external drive so why not keep your storage for Series X/S games if you have them?

Your disc and choice of course.:D

Because they will also benefit from faster load times on the internal SSD.

Because they will also benefit from faster load times on the internal SSD.

Ok, I hadn't thought of that.

Digital Foundry will tell us all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Hi folks

Seems to be an issue with my pre order from Microsoft.

On Tuesday I got a text from BOI about the charge and I replied yes to authorise

Just got the email below from Microsoft

Hello
    Thank you for shopping with us on 22 September 2020. Unfortunately, we aren't able to authorise the selected way to pay for your Microsoft order.
    Pick another way to pay to make sure that your order isn't cancelled.
    We look forward to getting this order to you!

When I click the link and enter my account to update payment I get the following

Pre-ordered
    Estimated delivery November 10
    Cancel
    Change how you pay

We already charged this order
    We can’t change your payment option after your order has been charged. Manage your order in order details.

I don’t see any pending transactions on my MasterCard..

Anyone have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

Hi folks

On Tuesday I got a text from BOI about the charge and I replied yes to authorise

Hello
    Thank you for shopping with us on 22 September 2020. Unfortunately, we aren't able to authorise the selected way to pay for your Microsoft order.

When I click the link and enter my account to update payment I get the following

Pre-ordered
    Cancel
    Change how you pay

We can’t change your payment option after your order has been charged. Manage your order in order details.

Anyone have this issue?

I got that email but logged in and clicked change how you pay, I then selected the same credit card as previously used and a pending transaction has now shown up when I go to my online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Was talking to friend earlier and he said they are still popping up on the ms store but you can't actually complete the transaction. He contacted support told him they are out of stock so must be an issue with store and they'll be available again on the 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

Got the same e-mail just there now. Was using my AIB debit card. Have switched to PayPal (using the same card) and there seems to be a pending transaction on the paypal account. Could do without the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Has anybody else not heard a peep from GameStop? Fully paid off but heard nowt and getting peeved off

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommyboy87

scottigael wrote: »
    Has anybody else not heard a peep from GameStop? Fully paid off but heard nowt and getting peeved off

Received an email today saying that I am not in the launch application. Gave no timeline as to when I would receive it.

I had emailed support so maybe that helped get my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Tommyboy87 wrote: »
    Received an email today saying that I am not in the launch application. Gave no timeline as to when I would receive it.

I had emailed support so maybe that helped get my email.

Thanks how long did support take to get back to you? Been days for me and nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

scottigael wrote: »
    Thanks how long did support take to get back to you? Been days for me and nothing.

Had an order to collect in store and they took 2 days to get back to me to say I'm not getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Is anyone else still waiting for MS to take payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭peejay1986

This is bloody ridiculous. Just got an email from MS saying they couldn't authorise payment and to update my method.

I've been onto them twice this week to get assurances that my payment would be taken ok, and they said it would. I don't know what else to do.

Genuinely concerned now.

peejay1986 wrote: »
    This is bloody ridiculous. Just got an email from MS saying they couldn't authorise payment and to update my method.

I've been onto them twice this week to get assurances that my payment would be taken ok, and they said it would. I don't know what else to do.

Genuinely concerned now.

Yup pretty much what happened to me ..

peejay1986 wrote: »

Genuinely concerned now.

What bank are you with?

What bank are you with?

Bank of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

kiddums wrote: »

Yep

kiddums wrote: »

Yes. My KBC Credit Card had it's available limit reduced by €499.99 but no transaction showed on the account.

Rang bank to make sure it was not rejected and I was told they could see it and all was fine.
    Now the credit limit is back to full amount and no sign of any transaction on the account.

My order still shows as pre-ordered and no email from MS like others have received.

Probably all fine but I find it strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yes. My KBC Credit Card had it's available limit reduced by €499.99 but no transaction showed on the account.

Rang bank to make sure it was not rejected and I was told they could see it and all was fine.
    Now the credit limit is back to full amount and no sign of any transaction on the account.

My order still shows as pre-ordered and no email from MS like others have received.

Probably all fine but I find it strange.

Same thing happened with mine (different bank). The charge they made was them just checking cards (my guess), and they expire if they don't complete it. I guess they will charge fully, when it ships.

No email from MS either and order is fine on the website. No changes there for me.

I use the same card to order digital games on the store, so I know MS have no issue charging me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Hi folks

Hello

Pre-ordered
    Cancel
    Change how you pay

Anyone have this issue?

I got the email and mine kept saying this was charged but wouldn't let me change payment (on my phone). Used my computer and it allowed me to change to Paypal and now I can see the pre-authorisation. BoI too. Hope all is good as I live in Thailand so its being sent to my mothers and then posted here! I'll be waiting another week.

Advertisement