Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Player Secret Role

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

fixxxer wrote: »
    GnR can confirm he was poisoned and healed. I'm claiming that. sKieth was an NRV so a RV could very easily come out and counter claim. No one has, so odds are I'm LOCK CLEAR.

Its just my opinion but QB looked to be trying to draw the munch this morning, so while yes she was lying there appears for now to be good intentions behind it.

There's a world of difference between claim and proof, the only proof so far is sK was an NRV everything else is just a claim including claims of poison and antidote.

The only firm ground I see is that it's supposed to be a single role game and both you in collusion with GnR and QB on own bat claimed a power role.

Now there is no proof either that the power isn't a WW power such as poison and cure and what better way to gain credibility than to poison and cure then shout it from the proverbial rooftops.

So it's still eeny meeny between you, QB and GnR but I'm weighted to you or QB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

If I'm lying then the RV counter claims and you've got a wolf in me. But there's no counter claim so I'm LOCK CLEAR

That's not how lock clear works babe.

There's no counter claim, yet. As I said I don't think it's likely. I won't be voting near this tonight

quickbeam wrote: »
    “you” here being Fixxxer?

We could both be lying.

I was lying yesterday. Today I’m telling the truth.

I tend to believe Fixxxer but there’s no guarantee.

Fortunately I only have one vote or I might have conjured up a Stafford Knot for the 3 of yiz and be damned

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Spook_ie wrote: »

Yes but when you go into that and into the glossary page, where is where I presume you found the parity lingo, the second item is

Auto-priest - alignment/role of player announced on thread upon death of player, as opposed to be told to one player in private (that player being the priest role)

So if you had picked up the word parity then you'd surely have been able to pick up that too?

So something is up there, could be that you've played before (doesn't have to be here) but then why would you act like you didn't know what an auto-priest is?
    Or maybe you've been lurking here but the same question applies?
    Or maybe you're being coached in a back room?

Am I the only one that thinks that the man that doesn't know what an autopriest is can write an eloquent piece like this?

Assume 3 wolves, 7 villagers, need to eliminate 4 villagers for parity and win. Sacrifice one WW for credibility, munch down on a villager, gain on credibility and still have number of villagers to gain parity at 4.

Or am I missing something?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Fix, can you answer these?

Why did you poison GnR?
    Why did you cure him?
    Why did you put yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Is it high risk? If Seer is the power then odds were 9:1 on being found anyway, if you can bluff your credibility up then the odds are likely the seer would check the others out first.

Well it’s a 1 in 4 chance if both fixxxer and GnR are Both wolves.

I think that if one of them is a wolf then both are.

But I am almost certain that GnR isn’t so by my logic fixxxer isn’t either

For me Fixxxer is clear, he said I'd be cured and I was

Obviously only I can know that I was poisoned in the first place but he preempted the cure

I'd like to think I have some village cred after catching a wolf

MrKingsley wrote: »

This is the crux. And if one is a villager they both are too.

I suggest we park it for now though. Is there any actual benefit to discussing to death?

If they’re villagers then eventually they’ll likely be killed and we’ll have our answer.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Yes but when you go into that and into the glossary page, where is where I presume you found the parity lingo, the second item is

Auto-priest - alignment/role of player announced on thread upon death of player, as opposed to be told to one player in private (that player being the priest role)

So if you had picked up the word parity then you'd surely have been able to pick up that too?

So something is up there, could be that you've played before (doesn't have to be here) but then why would you act like you didn't know what an auto-priest is?

Am I the only one that thinks that the man that doesn't know what an autopriest is can write an eloquent piece like this?

Assume 3 wolves, 7 villagers, need to eliminate 4 villagers for parity and win. Sacrifice one WW for credibility, munch down on a villager, gain on credibility and still have number of villagers to gain parity at 4.

I like that.

I was also curious as to why Spook is really not sold on you and fixxxer being village.

I understand the need to be sceptic but he/she is yet to put forward a really credible argument as to how you could be wolves

Why did you poison GnR?
    Why did you cure him?
    Why did you put* yourself?

* out

• Advertisement

You could be missing on how quick a learner I am or you might be missing that after getting told off after asking about a voting thread I went back and reread the op of the thread and paid attention to items 7 and 9, ref. autopriest and parity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Why did you poison GnR?
    I wanted to see his reaction. I was nearly lynched so I wanted to see how people reacted. I knew I could fixxx him if I thought he was village so no risk.

Why did you cure him?
    His actions seem villager.

My power is one use so I'm an NRV now. Village needs information to build a core.

^^

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Well it’s a 1 in 4 chance if both fixxxer and GnR are Both wolves.

But I am almost certain that GnR isn’t so by my logic fixxxer isn’t either

But that logic only works on the assumption that roleplayer is a villager and not a WW, it's possible that GnR was poisoned and cured by Fixxer ( still no proof of that though ) and that Fixxer is a WW with poison

Right now my vote would still be on Spook. Really don't like how those questions about the RV were slid into the middle of those newbie questions. Even more so now they seem to have a handle on the game is played after all.

I see what you did there :P

Why did you poison GnR?
    I wanted to see his reaction. I was nearly lynched so I wanted to see how people reacted. I knew I could fixxx him if I thought he was village so no risk.

Why did you cure him?
    His actions seem villager.

My power is one use so I'm an NRV now. Village needs information to build a core.

^^

Right now my vote would still be on Spook. Really don't like how those questions about the RV were slid into the middle of those newbie questions. Even more so now they seem to have a handle on the game is played after all.

It's not that hard a game to get the basic concept, which is why I was hung up about murderized or munched earlier, if murderized WASN'T munched then Clarabelle would have been my favourite to lynch because in a 2 wolf game she was in a hole and couldn't munch.

Fixxx do you think you're the role in the OP?

How did you get the poison information?

sKeith wrote: »
    It can be used every night.

Fix's claim also contradicts this.

sK's comment that Bounty-wolf and Clara-? pulled him up on.

I went back to the spreadsheet showing results
    One nite in Saipan had 13 played with 2 evils
    The live game 13/3
    The live game IV 8/1
    Vanillarama II 13/3
    Vanilla is a favour 7/2
    Werewolf Live 5/1
    SE&Q Vanilla 9/2
    July Vig 10 10/2
    Toy story one nighter 13/2

Based on the strength of the roled player I would think we’re looking for one more wolf

It's not that hard a game to get the basic concept, which is why I was hung up about murderized or munched earlier, if murderized WASN'T munched then Clarabelle would have been my favourite to lynch because in a 2 wolf game she was in a hole and couldn't munch.

It’s not the concept I’m talking about though?
    I’m only new this year, it takes a long time to get in on the lingo

Or maybe I’m just thicker than most

• Advertisement

It’s not the concept I’m talking about though?
    I’m only new this year, it takes a long time to get in on the lingo

Or maybe I’m just thicker than most

Far be it for me to insult you but in the customer service game then the customer is often right, taxi driver voice "where did you want taking again mate?"

I went back to the spreadsheet showing results
    One nite in Saipan had 13 played with 2 evils
    The live game 13/3
    The live game IV 8/1
    Vanillarama II 13/3
    Vanilla is a favour 7/2
    Werewolf Live 5/1
    SE&Q Vanilla 9/2
    July Vig 10 10/2
    Toy story one nighter 13/2

Based on the strength of the roled player I would think we’re looking for one more wolf

I'd have assumed 2/10 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

A lot of catch up reading, this work thing really interrupts gaming time sheesh!!

khalessi wrote: »
    A lot of catch up reading, this work thing really interrupts gaming time sheesh!!

looking forward to hearing what you think.

Far be it for me to insult you but in the customer service game then the customer is often right, taxi driver voice "where did you want taking again mate?"

I don’t like this explanation either

My vote is currently here

Mr Kingsley is very pockety, I suspect him, then read something he writes and agree with it

I'll be voting at 6 pm today

I don’t like this explanation either

My vote is currently here

Mr Kingsley is very pockety, I suspect him, then read something he writes and agree with it

Pockety is one way to describe me alright but I have also put my own ideas out there regarding yourself and Fixxxer which I’m sticking with.

I’ve a bit of time now so I’m going to look over those that I’ve yet to get a read on

My vote atm will be going on Baggly. Very defensive when I called out on him being quiet. My only hesitation is that he always comes back fighting when accused no matter his alignment.

Alternatively, it'll be Khalessi or Kingsley.

Assuming 2 wolves to start with:

8 v 2 starting position
    7 v 1 after today's munch with Bounty (wolf) and sKeith (villager downed)

Worst case scenario:

Mislynch tonight: 5 v 1 after tomorrow's munch
    Mislynch Wednesday: 3 v 1 after Thursday's munch
    Mislynch Thursday - GAME OVER, Wolves win.

Worse than worst case scenario, 3 wolves started.

7 v 3 starting position
    6 v 2 after today's munch with Bounty (wolf) and sKeith (villager downed)

Mislynch tonight: 4 v 2 after tomorrow's munch
    Mislynch Wednesday: GAME OVER, Wolves win.

• Advertisement

In either of those scenarios we're ending on a munch, so if it comes to a LYLO, statistically, you're better off voting no lynch (if Tusk allows), and forcing the wolves to munch and we increase our odds a tad in our last lynch. If I'm not around to push this, please somebody else remember it.

Advertisement