Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Player Secret Role

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Clarabel wrote: »
    I'm curious how both fixxxer and QB have roles/powers

The OP says ROLE very clearly.

Fixxxer can you explain a bit more please. Is your poison a role? How did it come to you?

QB doesn't have a role is my reading of her post below, as I guessed yesterday it was a ruse, one which I dont like

quickbeam wrote: »
    Well, I don't know if it will alleviate any confusion or add to it, but you can scratch me having a power from your deliberations.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Of course according to Fixxer I could now scratch him from having any special powers as well but do I believe him or you, hmmm. Eeny meeny miney mo.....

I wouldn't believe me anyway.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Ok perhaps I was being optimistic. I suppose it is possible that GnR and Fixxxer are both wolves but it would be incredibly risking for the 2 of them to bring so much attention on themselves this early.

Especially considering that GnR pointed BH out.

Could someone please give some logic as to why they might do this?

High risk with zero reward, it doesn't make sense

I can see a scenario where Fixxxer is a wolf looking to get some street cred but there is zero benefit for me lying about being poisoned

Green&Red wrote: »
    QB doesn't have a role is my reading of her post below, as I guessed yesterday it was a ruse, one which I dont like

Meh. Could have been played better, I agree.

If Fixxxer is telling the truth, it's a bit of a crap role to have tried to protect anyway. Poison then cure you and we're left back at square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Meh. Could have been played better, I agree.

If Fixxxer is telling the truth, it's a bit of a crap role to have tried to protect anyway. Poison then cure you and we're left back at square one.

You calling tusk crap? He'll punish you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

High risk with zero reward, it doesn't make sense

I can see a scenario where Fixxxer is a wolf looking to get some street cred but there is zero benefit for me lying about being poisoned

This is my thinking.

But even the fixxxer Street cred angle doesn’t work for me. They could’ve just not said anything. Let you die and have gotten an active NRV out of the game whilst staying under the radar

I wouldn't believe me anyway.

So don't believe that you do or don't have a power?

Can you be specific here please

This is my thinking.

But even the fixxxer Street cred angle doesn’t work for me. They could’ve just not said anything. Let you die and have gotten an active NRV out of the game whilst staying under the radar

I'd agree, while I wouldn't clear Fixxxer, he is currently top of my most village people

You calling tusk crap? He'll punish you! :D

Lies!!!!
    tusk - super, all round nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Ok perhaps I was being optimistic. I suppose it is possible that GnR and Fixxxer are both wolves but it would be incredibly risking for the 2 of them to bring so much attention on themselves this early.

Especially considering that GnR pointed BH out.

Could someone please give some logic as to why they might do this?

It's a short game,

Assume 3 wolves, 7 villagers, need to eliminate 4 villagers for parity and win. Sacrifice one WW for credibility, munch down on a villager, gain on credibility and still have number of villagers to gain parity at 4.

Doesn't mean I'm still not eeny meeny moing between 3 as I don't get why QB would claim to have a power then refute it.

• Advertisement

It's a short game,

Assume 3 wolves, 7 villagers, need to eliminate 4 villagers for parity and win. Sacrifice one WW for credibility, munch down on a villager, gain on credibility and still have number of villagers to gain parity at 4.

Doesn't mean I'm still not eeny meeny moing between 3 as I don't get why QB would claim to have a power then refute it.

Thats a fairly detailed and nuanced post for a beginner

I don't get why QB would claim to have a power then refute it.

-->
    QB is a villager, trying to draw the munch, that will fail and we will spend tomorrow talking about lynching QB which we will end up doing, a villager gone - bad play by QB

Bad play indeed. But the role could have been worth protecting and the one with the role is still alive.

Thats a fairly detailed and nuanced post for a beginner

I spend a lot of time sitting on ranks I have time to analyse most things.

Subtle as a brick in the face QB :pac::pac:

-->

Bad play indeed. But the role could have been worth protecting and the one with the role is still alive.

Which makes out that Fixxer is also telling porkies but I think I'm down to eeny meeny now :D

My point Spookie was that its hard to marry how the person who made this post today

It's a short game,

Was asking this question yesterday?
    What's autopriest in effect?

So you have all the lingo about parity etc but you don't know what autopriest means?

It's a short game,

Yeah that’s possible(as almost everything is) but I just don’t get why the 2 remaining wolves would do this.

Let’s say the role is a Seer then by checking one of them the other is screwed. It’s such a high risk strategy

My point Spookie was that its hard to marry how the person who made this post today

Was asking this question yesterday?

So you have all the lingo about parity etc but you don't know what autopriest means?

Found a nice thread for beginners

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057951273/1/#post110180517

My reads at the minute:

GnR: Village

Fixxxer: most likely village

Clarabel: village lean(as I think QB said earlier it would be madness for both her and BH to question QBs claim back to back)

QB: the false claim is odd but again a wild strategy if a wolf

So then Baggly, Spook and Khalessi I’ve nothing on. I m would guess that there is a wolf in that group and possibly 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Which makes out that Fixxer is also telling porkies but I think I'm down to eeny meeny now :D

I don't understand your reasoning here, please elaborate.

• Advertisement

Yeah that’s possible(as almost everything is) but I just don’t get why the 2 remaining wolves would do this.

Let’s say the role is a Seer then by checking one of them the other is screwed. It’s such a high risk strategy

Is it high risk? If Seer is the power then odds were 9:1 on being found anyway, if you can bluff your credibility up then the odds are likely the seer would check the others out first.

So don't believe that you do or don't have a power?

Can you be specific here please

Who's your vote tonight on right now?

Or you could both be WWs and self declaring you were poisoned and if Fixxer didn't pick up on the bluff just have it turn out as fake poison.

Likewise QB could be claiming powers and not have them.

Decisions decisions but at the moment without anything other than being a permanently suspicious taxi driver one of you three will probably get my vote :)
    Well, I don't know if it will alleviate any confusion or add to it, but you can scratch me having a power from your deliberations.
    Of course according to Fixxer I could now scratch him from having any special powers as well but do I believe him or you, hmmm. Eeny meeny miney mo.....

And finally
    I'm curious how both fixxxer and QB have roles/powers

The OP says ROLE very clearly.

Fixxxer can you explain a bit more please. Is your poison a role? How did it come to you?

Either you or QB is telling porkies and as I said it's still "eeny meeny"

fixxxer wrote: »
    Who's your vote tonight on right now?

Spook. If we had takesbacks I'd be putting a vote there to shake trees.

Baggs is working but I've null on him
    QB I'm inclined to think was a subtle village move. :D
    GnR is clear for me
    Fixxxer I'm inclined to believe since you interacted with GnR. But is it possible the three of you are wolf and this was a great plot?
    MrK I'd like to see a bit more from
    I

GnR can confirm he was poisoned and healed. I'm claiming that. sKieth was an NRV so a RV could very easily come out and counter claim. No one has, so odds are I'm LOCK CLEAR.

Its just my opinion but QB looked to be trying to draw the munch this morning, so while yes she was lying there appears for now to be good intentions behind it.

And finally

Either you or QB is telling porkies and as I said it's still "eeny meeny"

“you” here being Fixxxer?

We could both be lying.

I was lying yesterday. Today I’m telling the truth.

I tend to believe Fixxxer but there’s no guarantee.

fixxxer wrote: »
    GnR can confirm he was poisoned and healed. I'm claiming that. sKieth was an NRV so a RV could very easily come out and counter claim. No one has, so odds are I'm LOCK CLEAR.

Its just my opinion but QB looked to be trying to draw the munch this morning, so while yes she was lying there appears for now to be good intentions behind it.

Except if BH, Fixxxer and GnR are wolf.

I don't think that's likely but anything is possible.

That would mean the role, if good, hasn't been revealed.

“you” here being Fixxxer?

We could both be lying.

I was lying yesterday. Today I’m telling the truth.

I tend to believe Fixxxer but there’s no guarantee.

[IMG][/img]48864845261_1269408208.jpgUntitled by

Except if BH, Fixxxer and GnR are wolf.

I don't think that's likely but anything is possible.

That would mean the role, if good, hasn't been revealed.

If I'm lying then the RV counter claims and you've got a wolf in me. But there's no counter claim so I'm LOCK CLEAR

• Advertisement

Spook. If we had takesbacks I'd be putting a vote there to shake trees.

Baggs is working but I've null on him
    QB I'm inclined to think was a subtle village move. :D
    GnR is clear for me
    Fixxxer I'm inclined to believe since you interacted with GnR. But is it possible the three of you are wolf and this was a great plot?
    MrK I'd like to see a bit more from
    I

Are we missing a bit off the end here?

Advertisement