Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You're the biggest hypocrite on Boards as regards this and other issues relating to the north.

People giving out or criticising them are 'outraged' are they? Pretending to be 'outraged'? Can't people not just say they thought they were ignorant idiots? No need to exaggerate to help your bias. So we should ignore them being a teacher and a nurse as an irrelevance, but a completely unrelated incident involving a SF Councillor is relevant how exactly? Can you give one credible link?
    Can you quote one poster who condoned that violence in your FG TD's/Senators on the make again distraction thread, (which backfired hilariously)?

You know the Pope and the IRA related to Catholics/nationalists. I don't think it's uncommon, it's just these arseholes were viral on social media, hard luck. Being out in public, public going to comment. The real question is why are you bending over backwards to dismiss their behaviour?

Just the usual Matt nonsense and misrepresentation.

I never condoned the couple, I just didn’t join the mob wanting to hang them, but why would you ever actually read what another poster says. I am clear that they should be disciplined, but also clear that they shouldn’t be fired.

Once again, I am sorry that I couldn’t join the usual republican joyous celebration on this issue but there you go.

14% in the latest poll must be hurting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

joeguevara wrote: »
    I love go on home British soldiers song. There is a great version of it from a busker singing it on Henry street. https://youtu.be/4W5Z2qL4CQ0

My favourite song is snipers promise. It's an amazing Melody and a lovely story especially the fact that he showed mercy.

Now if I understood your post you have differentiated go on home British soldiers with the wedding song because British soldiers song is in protest of a foreign military occupancy as opposed to anti Catholic.

We are in the year 2019. Do you honestly believe northern Irish define themselves by Catholicism. Is an attack on religion an attack on their country. I raise it because you argue an anti army song wasn't an anti Protestant song which was strange.

No I don’t think that people define themselves solely by religion but when you call something “sectarian” then by definition in Ireland that means you’re engaging in behaviour designed to be prejudicial to either Catholics or Protestants for being from that particular community.

A desire for Irish unity or a dislike for the British Army is not inherently anti-Protestant; it’s a political statement not a religious or a sectarian one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Just the usual Matt nonsense and misrepresentation.

I never condoned the couple, I just didn’t join the mob wanting to hang them, but why would you ever actually read what another poster says. I am clear that they should be disciplined, but also clear that they shouldn’t be fired.

Once again, I am sorry that I couldn’t join the usual republican joyous celebration on this issue but there you go.

14% in the latest poll must be hurting you.

The irony is your last comment describes yourself.
    Posters who can’t bring themselves to condemn

You gave no proof of course. But throw enough mud as they say...you'll be citing it as fact in a few weeks.
    'The mob' and 'faux outrage'. Yep, sounds like you've only a passing interest ;)
    You've put a worrying amount of energy into ridiculing anyone who didn't like what the couple did. I certainly hope it's renewable energy Blanch.

Last parties I heavily supported were Labour and Fine Gael. I know right, what an ejit.
    I ain't got a team Blanch. It's very liberating. You get to hold valid genuine opinion instead of tripping over yourself with sh*te talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The irony is your last comment describes yourself.

You gave no proof of course. But throw enough mud as they say...you'll be citing it as fact in a few weeks.
    'The mob' and 'faux outrage'. Yep, sounds like you've only a passing interest ;)
    You've put a worrying amount of energy into ridiculing anyone who didn't like what the couple did. I certainly hope it's renewable energy Blanch.

Last parties I heavily supported were Labour and Fine Gael. I know right, what an ejit.
    I ain't got a team Blanch. It's very liberating. You get to hold valid genuine opinion instead of tripping over yourself with sh*te talk.

I am willing to take you at face value on the not having a team, but only for the moment.

I fully expect that whenever an election takes place you will join the long list of boards posters who have never voted for Sinn Fein but because of the mess that FF/FG (delete as appropriate) have made of things, have been forced into casting a vote for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

so what happened did they get fired in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I am willing to take you at face value on the not having a team, but only for the moment.

I fully expect that whenever an election takes place you will join the long list of boards posters who have never voted for Sinn Fein but because of the mess that FF/FG (delete as appropriate) have made of things, have been forced into casting a vote for them.

aw poor wee blanch152. you really cant let the oul Sinn Fein thing go - especially in threads that have nothing to do with the subject of SF. a bit of a SF superfan by the looks of it - I bet your one of those boards posters you mention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Wesser wrote: »
    so what happened did they get fired in the end?

Was wondering the same myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

As I've said before I'd vote for Sinn Fein over and above FF/FG any day. Now does that make me a SF team member who can't criticise? I don't think so Blanch.
    I note you've suddenly turned a thread about a sad and ignorant couple into a SF thread. Kudos.

I would vote for Michael Healy-Rae giving fellatio to a donkey before I'd vote FF/FG.
    It's not about your team winning Blanch, it's about the right team winning. If less voters thought like you we might see some progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭votecounts

Advertisement