Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel 2019 - 31st October (Spoilers from recent shows)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Looking back at the the tweet in question, Seth should be so lucky he can be freely bitchy/critical towards Meltzer, considering the talent only recently returned from Saudi Arabia, where dissent, well Jamal Khashoggi.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seth took aim at Meltzer this morning, with another bitchy tweet..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Christ crown jewel is on the live WWE network channel AGAIN right now. Do they normally reply a normal PPV this often ? Since Thursday I think it's been on every day and it's only Tuesday evening.

Yeah think all PPVs are replayed quite often on the Network in the week following it. Often look up the network schedule online and looks at times that they'll replay lots of shows quite often after they've first aired like NXT, PPVs and the 24 documentaries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1191842904597291008

And other wrestlers have reached out to say he gave no such speech.

https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/wwe-news/seth-rollins-claims-he-didnt-make-speech-prior-to-raw-during-talent-meeting/

With Rollins defending himself this forcefully and other wrestlers seemingly backing it up, I'd tend to believe it.

Edit: No surprise, Meltzer's spoofing blows up in his face...

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1191852297359220736?s=20

Exposing him is the best thing Rollins has done all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Bryan Alvarez said that several wrestlers texted him to say he did do a speech, but I suppose that's what you are up against.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

MSN is now reporting this:
    ... According to US reports, MBS was furious that WWE boss Vince McMahon had pulled the plug on the live feed of Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia because the company was owed up to $500m (£390m) for two shows in Saudi Arabia last year.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/wwe-superstars-held-hostage-in-saudi-arabia-in-retaliation-after-crown-jewel/ar-AAJUzHF?ocid=spartandhp

500 million? :eek:
    Also love Karl Andersons Tweet of: "Couldn’t pay me enough to go back..well, that’s not true, I need a second pool, so..." lol.

Bryan Alvarez said that several wrestlers texted him to say he did do a speech, but I suppose that's what you are up against.

So Meltzer got bad info from whoever his source is, Seth lashes out publicly, now Alvarez getting messages that Rollins did make a speech.

The spin that goes on in pro-wrestling is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So Meltzer got bad info from whoever his source is, Seth lashes out publicly, now Alvarez getting messages that Rollins did make a speech.

It’s best off just taking everyone involved in wrestling with a pinch of salt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No, Bryan said he talked to the same people that told Dave about the speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What was the speech about? Was he supposed to have tried telling them not to be giving out about Saudi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seth made a speech that is a really strange thing to make up and report.

If you are going to make up something I would think you would make up something more exciting that a wrestler gave a speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seth made a speech that is a really strange thing to make up and report.

If you are going to make up something I would think you would make up something more exciting that a wrestler gave a speech.

It wasn't just "Seth made a speech".

It was "Seth made a speech that was poorly received and viewed by many as him being a stooge etc."

Rollins is public enemy no.1 for a section of fans after his comments on Ospreay, AEW, Ambrose, Omega etc. and this was just Meltzer catering to them. Making up a story to make him look bad, knowing people will eat it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Also love Karl Andersons Tweet of: "Couldn’t pay me enough to go back..well, that’s not true, I need a second pool, so..." lol.

His Hot Asian Wife isn't keen for him to go back anyway as she replied to that tweet
    2nd house!! Not a pool..but don’t ever go back AGAIN! We don’t need our daddy/papi/motherlover/absanderson/besttagteam etc. being held hostage while we’re at home worried to death

Well his wife isnt going with company line anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No she is not. Could the good brother get some heat for that ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can’t bury them much more than they did in the past.

Loughc wrote: »

True.

**** it why should she.

Why cause his wife would prefer her husband not risk his life at a show in some country ruled by a despot, who can do, and does whatever he pleases, without fear of consequences or repercussions from the West.

**** it why should she.

Why cause his wife would prefer her husband not risk his life at a show in some country ruled by a despot, who can do, and does whatever he pleases, without fear of consequences or repercussions from the West.

Well it's Vince and WWE. I hope there is no heat. Nothing is beyond them.

Well it's Vince and WWE. I hope there is no heat. Nothing is beyond them.

Well IF Vince does end up doing something out of spite towards Anderson & Gallows due to association, then it says a whole lot of what kind of person Vince is that he'd be that vindictive and petty to bury both guys because of a legitimate fear his Anderson's wife has.

I'm sure that there are others just like her with wrestlers for husbands who would share her concerns for their spouses well-being.

• Advertisement

Well IF Vince does end up doing something out of spite towards Anderson & Gallows due to association, then it says a whole lot of what kind of person Vince is that he'd be that vindictive and petty to bury both guys because of a legitimate fear his Anderson's wife has.

I'm sure that there are others just like her with wrestlers for husbands who would share her concerns for their spouses well-being.

I agree but Vince has interviewed brian Pillmans wife 24 hours after her husband had died on live TV. He helped jimmy Snuka according to snuka that involved a briefcase. I’d put nothing past Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Loughc wrote: »

Would he care even? The dude is literally just topping up his pension at this stage and fair play to him, his Twitter game is on fire though.

Whats the worst they can do him job them out that is pretty much whats happens now.

Send them to NXT would be actually good for them

Advertisement