Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel 2019 - 31st October (Spoilers from recent shows)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

J. Marston wrote: »
    Why is Meltzer treated as the all-knowing oracle?

Don't know why anyone listens to him he is boring as ****e and has been a total spoofer years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

nannerby wrote: »
    Don't know why anyone listens to him he is boring as ****e and has been a total spoofer years.

Yeah, whatever about reading what he says, but listening to him is, like, it's like, OK, here's the thing: look, OK, it's like...
    Jesus, what an unbearable wally.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The part about Vince cutting the fed into Saudi.

Just reading that show was on a hour delay going into Saudi I wonder was the women's match cut from being shown on the Network in Saudi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Paperwork, service issues, staff gone home. Definitely sounds like the Saudis were screwing with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Dave's been reporting for 40 years or more, there's nobody with as much respect from people in the business since they all subscribe to him.

Maybe that's it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The amount of people buying into Meltzer's conspiracy ramblings is annoying.

AJ's video on it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/dragg2/video_aj_styles_comments_on_saudi_arabia/

Flight delays happen. They're a pain in the hole. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Dave's been reporting for 40 years or more, there's nobody with as much respect from people in the business since they all subscribe to him.

Maybe that's it?

Tear down a pillar so a new one could be put in its place.

The knives seem to be out for Meltzer ever since he put his foot in it with some dodgy analysis of alleged assaults on women that took place.

His reporting is still ultimately unrivalled for me. His, self styled, would be usurper Ryan Satin proved his worth and credibility by taking a job under the WWE umbrella. It's humorous that a lot of the people who used to furiously wave the wrestling observer in people's faces are now the same people trying to diss him, just because the spoken media format is not quite natural to him and he can stumble over words.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On Meltzer 90% of cut and paste sites and Youtube channels still steal his content and use it to build their own sites to make money from instead of trying to actually get their own sources within the wrestling industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

On Meltzer 90% of cut and paste sites and Youtube channels still steal his content and use it to build their own sites to make money from instead of trying to actually get their own sources within the wrestling industry.

Hello Whatculture, Cultaholic etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Either way, it'll be interesting to know the full story, when it eventually all comes out.. There will be dirty laundry aired.

atlas air are an american company so they have to give all details of failures to the FDA so if the mechanical issues were made up or the saudis just were not letting them leave itll come out unless its a complete cover up involving government officials

AJ's video on it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/dragg2/video_aj_styles_comments_on_saudi_arabia/

AJ is a top guy in the company, he's going to say whatever they want him to. Do you honestly think he's going to say anything to piss Vince off?

It's quite obvious something weird happened there and it'll come out sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure we're not getting the full truth, but it could also be getting exaggerated by the fact people just love hating on WWE where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

AJ is a top guy in the company, he's going to say whatever they want him to. Do you honestly think he's going to say anything to piss Vince off?

It's quite obvious something weird happened there and it'll come out sooner or later.

You could also say AJ has a bloody safe job so could speak the truth if he wanted, and even if he did piss off WWE he’s one of few that could get similar money in AEW

The real truth might never come out, it could end up a big old he said she said

With all the stories going on it’s hilarious to actually put this out

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1191466060454780928?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought they were already doing 2 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »

They have been but in that conference call last week it was hinted at that that would only do one show from now on. Clearly, that's not the case. Interesting timing if I'm being honest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »

So WWE, which had already ran two Saudi events per year in 2018 and 2019, have announced that the current deal is adding...............a second event per year to the deal. Pure PR fire fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

This is absolutely a nothing statement to calm shareholders and put on a happy face between WWE and the Saudis.
    The deal was always reported as a 10 year deal which would be 2027 and they've already been doing two events a year.

Smokescreen. Be interesting to see if there's any fallout for the next Saudi show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

AJ's video on it...

Yeah sure everyone just believe whatever the WWE and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia tell them, two very honest groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seth took aim at Meltzer this morning, with another bitchy tweet..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seth took aim at Meltzer this morning, with another bitchy tweet..

Seth is such a whining baby now. Complete go away heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think Rollins is trying a little too hard to be the man. There's nothing necessarily wrong with being a company man but he just doesn't seem very bright.

Is he any worse than Jericho and his constant waffling about things that just can't be true, such as how him and Owens were supposed to headline Mania.

Well considering Jericho has never been better and Rollins as a babyface is being booed out of every building Roman style, yes I'd say he's about a billion times worse.

Well considering Jericho has never been better and Rollins as a babyface is being booed out of every building Roman style, yes I'd say he's about a billion times worse.

that makes no sense so cause jericho he can say whatever he wants and seth should shut up

well jericho has never been as good as flair, hbk etc so he shouldnt talk then in your judgment

seth needs to shut up cause hes coming off like an idiot

Well, ok then. Jericho is one of if not the best thing in wrestling now, character wise. Rollins is probably the worst.

Jericho hasn't spent a year consistently making a complete ass of himself on twitter over and over again.

So the original comparison is just not even possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

sky88 wrote: »
    that makes no sense so cause jericho he can say whatever he wants and seth should shut up

well jericho has never been as good as flair, hbk etc so he shouldnt talk then in your judgment

seth needs to shut up cause hes coming off like an idiot

Only my opinion but Jericho is well better than Flair.
    Don't get me wrong, Flair has done a lot. You can even argue Jericho is the modern day Flair with the long career he has had. But you never saw a jericho-level match out of Ric. Different era one could say tho.

In terms of money? Jericho has been on top for the last 20 years. Apart from Flair pi*sing his money away Jericho has probably earned more. All those fat wwe ppv cheques all up.

Back in the end days of WCW Flair was considered an old man and past it (Despite going on to wrestle again in the WWE)

So... money.... work rate... still relevant. I would say Jericho has surpassed Flair.

Only my opinion but Jericho is well better than Flair.
    Don't get me wrong, Flair has done a lot. You can even argue Jericho is the modern day Flair with the long career he has had. But you never saw a jericho-level match out of Ric. Different era one could say tho.

In terms of money? Jericho has been on top for the last 20 years. Apart from Flair pi*sing his money away Jericho has probably earned more. All those fat wwe ppv cheques all up.

Back in the end days of WCW Flair was considered an old man and past it (Despite going on to wrestle again in the WWE)

So... money.... work rate... still relevant. I would say Jericho has surpassed Flair.

i mean its prob totally off topic and would make a great thread of its own but id never have Jericho high on workrate list of all time i mean very good in the ring but i think there is so many ahead of him (subjective i know). Character and promo wise i would say theres not many better than jericho

money earned is a hard one as id jericho has earned more money wise but draw wise flair has it as he was the main draw were i feel like jericho has only been that the last few years since leaving wwe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Christ crown jewel is on the live WWE network channel AGAIN right now. Do they normally reply a normal PPV this often ? Since Thursday I think it's been on every day and it's only Tuesday evening.

Advertisement