Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel 2019 - 31st October (Spoilers from recent shows)

Options
  • 05-10-2019 8:45pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, figure we should start this up.

Team Hogan (Rollins, Rusev, tbc, tbc, tbc) vs Team Flair (Corbin, Orton, tbc, tbc, tbc).

Not announced but heavily rumoured.

WWE Championship
    Brock Lesnar vs Cain Valazquez

Tyson Fury vs Brawn Strownman

Those two matches are....not what I was expecting to write about this time yesterday :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is either of the rumoured matches going to held off for Survivor Series? Or is Crown Jewel now a bigger deal than that

Probably makes more sense to spread them over both upcoming events since they'll both attract a similar outside crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is either of the rumoured matches going to held off for Survivor Series? Or is Crown Jewel now a bigger deal than that

Probably makes more sense to spread them over both upcoming events since they'll both attract a similar outside crowd

I’d say the Saudis are paying fury and cains salary for them

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    I’d say the Saudis are paying fury and cains salary for them

Fury if I recall correctly is already minted due to his exclusive deal with ESPN in the States for his boxing career. So I doubt the Saudi's have anything to do with him.

Open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The dosser Strowman is going to get the Gypsy Kings hands. Not a fan of much of what's on offer lately from Raw or SD, but love Fury so this is great, the Instagram family video is gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Whatever the case I love the idea that the Saudi's asked Vince to get Fury for their show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Tyson Fury just another reason not to watch this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fury and the Saudis hopefully he say something stupid that upsets them.

Cain vs Brock in a cage and Brock gets PTSD flashbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cain vs Brock in a cage and Brock gets PTSD flashbacks.

Do they have history?

Sorry I'm not familiar with Cain :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do they have history?

Sorry I'm not familiar with Cain :eek:

Afaik, he beat Brock for the UFC title by destroying him inside one round.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do they have history?

Sorry I'm not familiar with Cain :eek:
    MediocreLazyAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Fury if I recall correctly is already minted due to his exclusive deal with ESPN in the States for his boxing career. So I doubt the Saudi's have anything to do with him.

Open to correction though.

Even if he’s minted they still like more money

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if the Saudis might be trying to get fury/wilder 2 like they got Joshua Ruiz

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Is Fury actually going to wrestle though??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Officer999 wrote: »
    Is Fury actually going to wrestle though??

It’ll prob be a gimmicked boxing match.

The dosser Strowman is going to get the Gypsy Kings hands. Not a fan of much of what's on offer lately from Raw or SD, but love Fury so this is great, the Instagram family video is gas.

The Love Island brother Tommy must be raging as he was hoping to do a Fury family reality show

I wonder is the Fury thing all down to the Saudi's wanting his re match with Wilder to happen in Saudi and this is part of the promotion for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why.

WWE and Saudi’s pox blood money shows are fast becoming a joke.

I would rather watch Hogan vs Flair in a 60 minute ironman pensioners with zimmer frames dislocated hip on a pole match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/BrianMaxMann/status/1182746288376467457?s=19

Remember when Austin & Tyson did this???

• Advertisement

Cain Valazquez Is the worst opponent Lesnar has had for a title match since Bob Holly in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Loughc wrote: »
    Cain Valazquez Is the worst opponent Lesnar has had for a title match since Bob Holly in 2004.

That was a title match?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Was that a title match?

I don't think so. 2004 ? When did Brock break hardcore's neck ? Wasn't that 2002/03 ?

That was a title match?

Royal rumble 2004. Awful match.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't think so. 2004 ? When did Brock break hardcore's neck ? Wasn't that 2002/03 ?

2004 Royal Rumble was for the title.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Back when the Rumble title matches were often given to midcarders as the real main eventers were off in the Rumble itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fury signed with ESPN he's still relatively unknown in the US this gives him exposure to the public plus he definitely ain't doing it for free. Vince loves meatheads like Fury he always has, it could be worse this is probably what they had in mind for Gronk, or Fury could be in there with Brock that I'd pay to see Fury potatoing Brock getting pissed and tossing Fury over his head.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Back when the Rumble title matches were often given to midcarders as the real main eventers were off in the Rumble itself.

And now it’s 2019 and Vince is giving title matches to debutants. Great booking.

Taking the UFC hat off and if you knew nothing about Flabby Cain until his appearance on Smackdown, you’d swear he was Rey’s dad who after a few Stellas wants a word with Brock for whipping his son around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Fury signed with ESPN he's still relatively unknown in the US this gives him exposure to the public plus he definitely ain't doing it for free. Vince loves meatheads like Fury he always has, it could be worse this is probably what they had in mind for Gronk, or Fury could be in there with Brock that I'd pay to see Fury potatoing Brock getting pissed and tossing Fury over his head.

You might be surprised how a shoot might end between Fury and Lesnar.

• Advertisement

Is Rollins doing double duty facing Bray and also leading Hogan's team?

Advertisement