Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel 2019 - 31st October (Spoilers from recent shows)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I hope Tyson Fury is never seen again. Absolutely brutal, the worst. Embarrassing.

Just watched the match and yeah it was a bad wrestling performance out of him. Blatantly waiting to do things at certain points and what he did wasn't great.
    But how much wrestling training has he under his belt? Probably hardly any. He is a busy dude.

Fair play to him to getting as much money as he did, which was 12 million pounds, however I would say he wasn't worth 12 million.

I get it he is a heavyweight champion. He is a name. But he is not a sport-transending / pop culture name like a Conor McGregor type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He couldn't even do a pinfall! How much training do you need for that?

He couldn't even do a pinfall! How much training do you need for that?

Haha. Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just watched the match and yeah it was a bad wrestling performance out of him. Blatantly waiting to do things at certain points and what he did wasn't great.
    But how much wrestling training has he under his belt? Probably hardly any. He is a busy dude.

Fair play to him to getting as much money as he did, which was 12 million pounds, however I would say he wasn't worth 12 million.

I get it he is a heavyweight champion. He is a name. But he is not a sport-transending / pop culture name like a Conor McGregor type.

He's not though.

Yes, I think so.

So the story is coming out now. Apparently the Almighty Prince hasn't paid Vince for the last TWO shows, so that's why there was a 60 million deficit in the Investors Call.

When Vince found out he wasn't getting paid he got on a plane, waited till he was in the air, and had the PPV signal to Saudi cut.

The Prince then kept all the crew from flying out to mess with Vince.

This is absolutely hilarious.

That's insane.
    I said this before on boards.ie but I always suspected that after a time the Saudis would break away from WWE and form their own promotion. Like after the ten year deal.

But that's shocking to hear that after so short there's already problems.
    If they don't pay WWE the 10-year deal can easily be contested as null and void.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think the Saudi deal may be on thin ice when you combine the conference call vague comments, and apparently the Saudi feed wasn’t cut but it was delayed not cut.

When I heard Fury was going to be performing I assumed they'd have some sort of gimmick match set up for him and Braun.

He's not though.

So the whole lineal world champ stuff is WWE bs again?

So the whole lineal world champ stuff is WWE bs again?

Lineal just means he was a former undisputed champion.

He is not a current Champion and hold no Heavyweight titles now.

Saying he is the Lineal Champion sounds better and makes it sound like he is still a Champion instead of saying he is the former Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He wasn't beaten for the world titles he lost, he had personal issues after the Klitscho fight and was stripped of the titles when he wouldn't fight

Same as how you could have called Finn Balor the lineal Universal Champion since he never lost it in the ring (until his Rumble 2019 match vs Lesnar at least)

• Advertisement

I think it’s fair to say that the Saudi snafu is more complex than we the wrestling fans are being told and if WWE had put the facts straight away there’d be less of this ****etalk.

Lineal just means he was a former undisputed champion.

He is not a current Champion and hold no Heavyweight titles now.

Saying he is the Lineal Champion sounds better and makes it sound like he is still a Champion instead of saying he is the former Champion.

I didn't say "current" champion tho...

Kinda feels like you just wanted to quote me to correct me dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think it’s fair to say that the Saudi snafu is more complex than we the wrestling fans are being told and if WWE had put the facts straight away there’d be less of this ****etalk.

Here is a thread about what Meltzer heard.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1190933992247136256

Apparently the Saudi's weren't keeping up with the payments. I don't believe the talents were under threat but I also don't believe that there was a mechanical failure. I think they were kept late for spite if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Dave reporting that wrestlers have lost respect for Vince and feel they were abandoned. Vince is some piece of work lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Dave reporting that wrestlers have lost respect for Vince and feel they were abandoned. Vince is some piece of work lads

Good thing he's hoarded talent and locked them into unbreakable contracts.....unbreakable for the talent at least anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder how many have contracts up for renewal soon. Even though they said they're not gonna be like TNA and take any castoffs, I'm sure there are some guys AEW have their eye on.

And not to defend Vince, but I'm sure him leaving before everyone else is nothing new. Though whether he should've turned around is another thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

If true, this is one of the biggest stories in years. The talent were de facto held hostage. And if the WWE are covering it up, it's an even bigger story.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why is Meltzer treated as the all-knowing oracle?

J. Marston wrote: »

Like or him or not he does have some credibility, and for him to be putting his name to some of that serious stuff there must be some truth to it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Like or him or not he does have some credibility, and for him to be putting his name to some of that serious stuff there must be some truth to it

I’m pretty certain at one stage he tweeted there’s a 50/50 chance the talent would be at smackdown. Talk about covering all bases.

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m pretty certain at one stage he tweeted there’s a 50/50 chance the talent would be at smackdown. Talk about covering all bases.

Now crap like that can't be defended, but in any case it'll all blow over as everything does, there's no way half the roster leaves because there isn't the space or money for them elsewhere, the only lasting impact of the Saudi events will be a few salty tweets

J. Marston wrote: »

Probably cause no mainstream journalists care or report about wrestling unless someone literally dies. Other than him there is Mike Johnson in terms of long term sources.
    Ryan Satin has a job with WWE now so that leaves the likes of Sean Ross Sapp & John Pollock level journalists who aren't around for near as long.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Probably cause no mainstream journalists care or report about wrestling unless someone literally dies. Other than him there is Mike Johnson in terms of long term sources.
    Ryan Satin has a job with WWE now so that leaves the likes of Sean Ross Sapp & John Pollock level journalists who aren't around for near as long.

He does ? As what exactly ?

He's going to play the Ariel Helwani role on the Fox show as the shill....sorry I mean Insider who reveal "scoops".

He was hired by Fox instead of Punk to work on the FS 1 show with Renee.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is he the guy who had the story about Sasha and Bayley crying after Wrestlemania?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

What about the statement the airline flying them out of Saudi released? Why would they make up a story about mechanical issues?

Loughc wrote: »

I think what he's trying to say is that things change on the fly frequently hours before a show. It's hard to argue that's not happening when you follow the shows week to week, where there's a distinct lack of coherency in storylines on display.

• Advertisement

He was hired by Fox instead of Punk to work on the FS 1 show with Renee.

Hahahahaha.....I always knew that guy was dying to be an officially paid shill for them.

Advertisement