Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes, you said the transcript "pretty much says all of that, despite Schiff’s editorialism" and I'm asking you where?

Quote it please.

“Editorialism”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    “Editorialism”

"despite"

Same Ukrainian prosecutor that Trump praised/endorsed in the Zelensky call has reiterated that Hunter Biden wasn’t found to have done anything illegal.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/whistleblower-says-trump-praised-a-ukrainian-prosecutor-on-phone-call-that-prosecutor-now-says-hunter-biden-didnt-violate-anything/

“From the perspective of Ukrainian legislation, he did not violate anything,” onetime Ukrainian prosecutor general Yuri Lutsenko said in an interview with The Washington Post released Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Leftists spent the guts of two and half years losing their minds about the apparent meddling in an American presidential election by a foreign country.

They meddled .... as was stated in a republican led report ...as was stated by various intelligence agencies

Stop embarrassing yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Same Ukrainian prosecutor that Trump praised/endorsed in the Zelensky call has reiterated that Hunter Biden wasn’t found to have done anything illegal.

He only joined the company after the investigation started.

Seems to be a fact left out amongst all the noise.

• Advertisement

Funny how it's fine for democrat members of the Senate to ask Ukrainian officials to cooperate with the Mueller investigation of Trump ....

image.png
    image.png
    image.png

/Clears throat

What this in essence was, was a mafia style shakedown. It was America saying to the Ukraine that you better help the Mueller team investigate Donald Trump by making up dirt on him or we will make damn sure there'll be no more billion dollar loans going your way, Kapish!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

US lawmakers asking Ukraine to cooperate with a legit Trump administration investigation is not the same as a sitting president using his powers to extort a political favour out of another country. You're smarter than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Funny how it's fine for democrat members of the Senate to ask Ukrainian officials to cooperate with the Mueller investigation of Trump ....

/Clears throat

What this in essence was, was a mafia style shakedown. It was America saying to the Ukraine that you better help the Mueller team investigate Donald Trump by making up dirt on him or we will make damn sure there'll be no more billion dollar loans going your way, Kapish!
    I’m surprised the normal suspects aren’t crying “whataboutism.” But we all know deep down it’s not whataboutism, but rather it’s “WhatTheFckYouHypocrites.”

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

US lawmakers asking Ukraine to cooperate with a legit Trump administration investigation is not the same as a sitting president using his powers to extort a political favour out of another country.

Absolutely, but there is no extortion, and so you're pointing out an irrelevant distinction.

He put a hold on the money, asked for a favour and the money only got released after the whistleblower complaint. If you believe that he did that out of concerns about corruption, i have a bridge to sell you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 thechewyone

/Clears throat

YES! YES! THIS YES!!!!!

Just look at these slimy 18 Angry Democrats like Robert Mueller, trying to take The Emperor down but with no luck! And Barr was there like Luke Skywalker to make sure nobody looks into what Trump does, because he deserves to operate outside of the law to bring us the freedom we were promised.

People might think that is a joke, but the truth is too scary to imagine. Deep State operatives change laws by the day to try and catch Donald out, and he keeps sidestepping them like Barry Sanders because you can't keep up with the Don! These are published online people, nobody has any way of knowing if you change the webpage on the US government website with the laws tomorrow, to say it is illegal to have the name Donald Trump. And as you and I know Pete, Hillary would do it if she thought she could get away with it!

Q has been on top of this from the start, and the leftists never fail to disappoint. Just look at them outlawing university professors for literally doing nothing but telling the truth........... thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/461762-arizona-college-fires-professor-who-promoted-qanon-conspiracy

Leftist commie scum, the lot of them.

But Barr was here to save the day, and he will be again as we work towards annihilating anything that threatens to get in the way of making America Great AGAIN!!!!!! Screw the Libtards, with Donny at QB some heavily armed bad muddas as his offensive live, we just gotta go stomp on their heads like the 70s Steelers and we got this baby!!

Absolutely, but there is no extortion, and so you're pointing out an irrelevant distinction.
    The Democritics can't face they fact that they tried to extort money from Ukraine and Donald is doing it right and above board. It's hilarious watching them squirm like worms.

YES! YES! THIS YES!!!!!

Just look at these slimy 18 Angry Democrats like Robert Mueller, trying to take The Emperor down but with no luck! And Barr was there like Luke Skywalker to make sure nobody looks into what Trump does, because he deserves to operate outside of the law to bring us the freedom we were promised.

People might think that is a joke, but the truth is too scary to imagine. Deep State operatives change laws by the day to try and catch Donald out, and he keeps sidestepping them like Barry Sanders because you can't keep up with the Don! These are published online people, nobody has any way of knowing if you change the webpage on the US government website with the laws tomorrow, to say it is illegal to have the name Donald Trump. And as you and I know Pete, Hillary would do it if she thought she could get away with it!

Q has been on top of this from the start, and the leftists never fail to disappoint. Just look at them outlawing university professors for literally doing nothing but telling the truth........... thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/461762-arizona-college-fires-professor-who-promoted-qanon-conspiracy

Leftist commie scum, the lot of them.

But Barr was here to save the day, and he will be again as we work towards annihilating anything that threatens to get in the way of making America Great AGAIN!!!!!! Screw the Libtards, with Donny at QB some heavily armed bad muddas as his offensive live, we just gotta go stomp on their heads like the 70s Steelers and we got this baby!!

I'm a fan of satire but i'm not sure what to make of this.

He put a hold on the money, asked for a favour and the money only got released after the whistleblower complaint. If you believe that he did that out of concerns about corruption, i have a bridge to sell you.

Why would you think he would not be concerned about corruption given that he has just spent the last two years defending himself from absurd accusations that he was conspiring with Russia to fix the 2016 election. An accusation which it would appear was made scurrilously to try and swing the election. FBI officials played a hand also by leaking information which gave credence to those false allegations. Members of Dept. Of Justice discussed wearing wires while in The White House for heaven sake. Is it really that hard for you to understand why Trump might have a genuine interest in getting to the bottom of it all?

/Clears throat

You mean for Congress to communicate in the clear and open with the Ukrainian government via written letter, not code-word secured on some classified DNC server and not covered up?

Yes. It is perfectly fine for Senators to correspond with foreign dignitaries on open diplomatic channels. Why do you ask?

Edit: Also you call it a Mafia style shakedown: but what was demanded in the letter? Where is the coercion? What were they pressuring the Ukraine with?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You mean for Congress to communicate in the clear and open with the Ukrainian government via written letter, not code-word secured on some classified DNC server and not covered up?

Yes. It is perfectly fine for Senators to correspond with foreign dignitaries on open diplomatic channels. Why do you ask?
    LOL Democrats complaining about email servers!! :D

weisses wrote: »
    They meddled .... as was stated in a republican led report ...as was stated by various intelligence agencies

It was only apparent when it was first reported and the reason they (far left liberals) were all so quick to pearl clutch was because of who was in office. Same with the problems at the Mexican border. Suddenly in early 2017 leftists worldwide had an interest in people they didn't care all that much about for the previous eight years whilst the potus, at the time, was being called the deporter-in-chief south of the border. Purely coincidental I'm sure.

Interesting false equivalence, given that Republicans upset with the server keep fretting over her Hillary’s email server because they said it wasn’t secure, that it was a *leak* of classified intelligence, not a cover-up of high crimes by the office of the President of the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

This whole thing is a ticking time bomb for Trump and it was of his own making. I can't wait till be is assassinated by his own people, such a clown and not the funny hah ha kind :pac:

• Advertisement

It was only apparent when it was first reported and the reason they (far left liberals) were all so quick to pearl clutch was because of who was in office. Same with the problems at the Mexican border. Suddenly in early 2017 leftists worldwide had an interest in people they didn't care all that much about for the previous eight years whilst the potus, at the time, was being called the deporter-in-chief south of the border. Purely coincidental I'm sure.
    Interesting also, then, that during that same time period far right dunderblusses all clutched pearls and saw Russia as an imminent threat to the country, and accused Democrats of conspiring with them, selling our uranium, etc. but now they don’t care all that much about Russia whatsoever now, even though they still claim to be convinced this conspiracy was real and might be still occurring. Rather, Trump and Republicans have been licking Russian boot for the last 3 years, because Trump refuses to pass sanctions, Trump refuses to send aid to Ukraine, but that’s all purely coincidental I’m sure.

Your one sided narrative is ****ing tiresome Pete I must say.

This whole thing is a ticking time bomb for Trump and it was of his own making. I can't wait till be is assassinated by his own people, such a clown and not the funny hah ha kind :pac:

If it comes to it and violent Leftists want to push their luck, we both know Trump Patriots have most of the guns and are much more willing to use them. We'll see how much the Democrats love the cages Obama built for border children when they get thrown in them, too. :cool:

If it comes to it and violent Leftists want to push their luck, we both know Trump Patriots have most of the guns and are much more willing to use them. We'll see how much the Democrats love the cages Obama built for border children when they get thrown in them, too. :cool:

If it comes to civil war then America has failed as an experiment. Before that happens I believe lawmakers will be forced to cut the bull**** and do things that will probably hurt their parties but need to be done to restore calm. Nobody wants a destabilized United States.

If it comes to civil war then America has failed as an experiment. Before that happens I believe lawmakers will be forced to cut the bull**** and do things that will probably hurt their parties but need to be done to restore calm. Nobody wants a destabilized United States.
    Funny how quickly liberals change their tone when they're reminded they would be curb stomped out of existence.

The United States has been destabilised for way too long, decades even, by the deep state. It is only through Trump that this can be corrected, and has been getting corrected so far, and by 2024 if he decides to hang them up he will have left the United States a much better place than the mess he inherited at the rate he is going. Some toes have needed to be stepped on and yeah it is unfortunate but a fact of life I suppose. The fact is liberal terrorists like antifa (and their enabling politicians) are forcing a situation where faces will need to be stomped into oblivion, but we will get there, and it will be a glorious day.

I don't see any shortage of violence in the United States for the next few years, but we both know which side is going to come out on top of a physical fight, and in the end it will lead to the better good so the means more than fit the ends. We didn't win an election to have terrorists in opposition telling us what gets done, we dictate the rules now!

Funny how quickly liberals change their tone when they're reminded they would be curb stomped out of existence.
    I have no context about what you mean.

The United States has been destabilised for way too long, decades even, by the deep state.
    An extraordinary claim for which you supply no support.
    It is only through Trump that this can be corrected, and has been getting corrected so far,
    no clear evidence to suggest Trump is the only man capable of fighting an illusionary conspiracy.
    and by 2024 if he decides to hang them up he will have left the United States a much better place than the mess he inherited at the rate he is going. Some toes have needed to be stepped on and yeah it is unfortunate but a fact of life I suppose.
    So basically you’re acknowledging he has committed crimes in office but you just don’t care and are trying to pacify your suspension in the belief of the rule of law down to a stepped on toe.
    The fact is liberal terrorists like antifa (and their enabling politicians) are forcing a situation where faces will need to be stomped into oblivion, but we will get there, and it will be a glorious day.
    Red flag. Get help.
    I don't see any shortage of violence in the United States for the next few years, but we both know which side is going to come out on top of a physical fight, and in the end it will lead to the better good so the means more than fit the ends. We didn't win an election to have terrorists in opposition telling us what gets done, we dictate the rules now!

You actually sound like a terrorist; and your post for that matter can be construed as a terroristic threat. Are you a US resident or citizen?

I have no context about what you mean.

An extraordinary claim for which you supply no support.

no clear evidence to suggest Trump is the only man capable of fighting an illusionary conspiracy.

So basically you’re acknowledging he has committed crimes in office but you just don’t care and are trying to pacify your suspension in the belief of the rule of law down to a stepped on toe.
    Red flag. Get help.

You actually sound like a terrorist; and your post for that matter can be construed as a terroristic threat. Are you a US resident or citizen?
    So typical of the violent left to immediately assume others are talking about violence, projection is a real thing. I was merely talking about upsetting the SJW PC brigade, and about being open, transparent and direct when needed. Where I live is none of your business unless you are trying to stalk me.

Trump has committed no crimes other than making the pink haired people of the world cry, which frankly was overdue and has been fantastic after all the damage they have done to the world, and the panic among the deep staters show just how much of their conspiracy he has unravelled already. I wouldn't blame you for being scared.

Trump and Republicans have been licking Russian boot for the last 3 years, because Trump refuses to pass sanctions...

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/09/25/on-the-record-the-u-s-administrations-actions-on-russia/

My favourite thing about Trump is what he does to those defending him. It follows a certain pattern:

Papers: Trump did a thing.

Defenders: No he didn't do the thing. Hilary something. The left dur dur. Antifa.

Trump: I totally did the thing. It was beautiful. Many people say it was the best thing ever. Covfefe.

Defenders: It was super smart that he did the thing. I have no memory of what i said before but i'll just repeat what i read on dodgy Twitter accounts.

Everyone else: You people are dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The best is Democrats and their minions in the media demanded Trump release the transcript of his call with the President of Ukraine. Then once Trump does release it the very same Democrat/media bozos begin yelling that Trump should never have released it because world leaders will now be afraid to talk to presidents, going forward, candidly as they will fear their conversations will be made public. Trump Derangement Syndrome has truly reached galactic proportions.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noel1980

Interesting false equivalence, given that Republicans upset with the server keep fretting over her Hillary’s email server because they said it wasn’t secure, that it was a *leak* of classified intelligence, not a cover-up of high crimes by the office of the President of the United States.

The reason they were "upset" about Hillary deleting the 30,000 emails was because she did it just after receiving a soepena for those emails, not because it was "insecure".

You might even say a "cover-up"...

Advertisement