Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

This is all I can picture now when I read delusional posts from individuals who are incapable of accepting facts over their petty emotions and feelings.

Luke_Crywalker.png

I've always thought Trump was a bellend but over the past year, I started to take a side due to all these petulant "takedown" attempts. Dems have failed yet again. desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noel1980

Boggles wrote: »
    We don't need to.

I can tell you right now what you said will not happen.

Wager?

Maybe not every one of them, but they will take back the majority. The US House of reps. right now looks like a Kindergarden, full of Democrat children and Democrat OAPs. Led by a Democart drunk OAP.

They're an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

noel1980 wrote: »
    Maybe not every one of them, but they will take back the majority. The US House of reps. right now looks like a Kindergarden, full of Democrat children and Democrat OAPs. Led by a Democart drunk OAP.

Oh right, that's a fairly substantially U-Turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,899 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

noel1980 wrote: »

Maybe take your ironically childish talking points to the YouTube comments section, or 4chan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Was sick yesterday morning and watched the live interrogation of Maguire.

Two important things THIS MORNING on the news, what he said was not what was reported, it was distorted. The clips used were totally not what he was conveying and he went to great lengths to explain that, but news channels totally ignored this.

MSM really have an agenda here. I knew “news” was selective and slanted, but this is just sooooo slanted I now see what people are talking about.

Do I care about Trump? Not really. Do I care about truth? Absolutely.

• Advertisement

NSAman wrote: »
    Was sick yesterday morning and watched the live interrogation of Maguire.

Two important things THIS MORNING on the news, what he said was not what was reported, it was distorted. The clips used were totally not what he was conveying and he went to great lengths to explain that, but news channels totally ignored this.

MSM really have an agenda here. I knew “news” was selective and slanted, but this is just sooooo slanted I now see what people are talking about.

Do I care about Trump? Not really. Do I care about truth? Absolutely.

Who is Maguire and who does an interrogation on live television?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Overheal wrote: »
    Who is Maguire and who does an interrogation on live television?

Joseph Maguire acting head of Intelligence.

NSAman wrote: »
    Joseph Maguire acting head of Intelligence.

Who interrogated the acting head of intelligence? Surely that would be a grave crime, much less broadcast on live television.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,395 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Fair enough.

Simply stating Pelosi's position. Maybe she prefers checkers to chess??

Anyhow, she will slowly chip away at Trump for the next year with this and avoid the 3 ring circus of an actual impeachment.

Pelosi was forced in to this, she doesn't want it.

Her aim is a Democratic President and control of the house.

Danzy wrote: »
    Pelosi was forced in to this, she doesn't want it.

Her aim is a Democratic President and control of the house.

Dems position is politically weak while Republicans control the vote in so many states through suppression tactics. They’re much more vulnerable when the GOP uses blatant disinformation against them too: the lie is already around the world before the truth gets its pants on.

• Advertisement

More WH disinformation: claiming the call was about the 2016 election.

Reality: the call included the President discussing specifically comments made by Joe Biden in 2018.

If this was all above board Trump should have stayed out of any investigation, knowing that he his actively running a campaign against Biden and other Democrats. By contrast when the Obama WH investigated Russian interference in 2016, nobody in the WH was campaigning, not Biden and not Obama.

It also certainly doesn’t address why the call was so closely guarded and why the whistleblower complaints were suppressed for so long.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/wh-spox-says-trump-pressing-ukraine-about-biden-was-about-looking-into-corruption-in-the-2016-election/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

And the more senior Democrats know this. But it might provide useful ammunition as America approaches an election year.

Privately, Nancy Pelosi has never favoured impeachment of Trump - not even over Russia. She knows it will drive both parties even further apart and that the Republicans will return the favour by making any future Democratic administration a living hell.

She wants rid of Trump - but not at any cost.
    They should! If Biden is elected president republicans should initiate impeachment hearings on day one over Biden's apparent quid pro quo regarding his family's dealings with Ukraine, and possibly even China. If Warren is elected, do the same that Democrats have been doing for three years now with Trump… throw impeachment darts and see what sticks.

Why did Adam Schiff, ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on ‘Intelligence’ deliberating falsify the contents of the phone call transcript?

Here’s what he claimed:
    And what is the President’s response — well it reads like a classic organized crime shake down. In essence, what the President Trump communicates is this: We’ve been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what, I don’t see much reciprocity here. You know what I mean? I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you though. And I’m going to say this only seven times, so you better listen good. I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand? Lots of dirt, on this and on that. I’m going to put you in touch with people, and not just any people. I’m going to put you in touch with the Attorney General of the United States — my Attorney General, Bill Barr — he’s got the whole weight of American law enforcement behind him. And I’m going to put you in touch with Rudy, you’re going to love him. Trust me. You know what I’m asking, so I’m only going to say this a few more times, in a few more ways. And don’t call me again. I’ll call you when you’ve done what I asked.

The actual transcript says no such thing!

He's also the douche who claimed for years he had absolute proof of Trump's collusion with Russia.

Lies, damned lies, and democrats! Lots and lots of lies... democrats live on lies. Why should anyone with any common sense give any credence to anything coming out of the democrats mouths and their minions in the mainstream media, at this point? I guess democrats are counting on the American public to be one big stupid lot.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    They should! If Biden is elected president republicans should initiate impeachment hearings on day one over Biden's apparent quid pro quo regarding his family's dealings with Ukraine, and possibly even China. If Warren is elected, do the same that Democrats have been doing for three years now with Trump… throw impeachment darts and see what sticks.

Why did Adam Schiff, ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on ‘Intelligence’ deliberating falsify the contents of the phone call transcript?

Here’s what he claimed:

He's also the douche who claimed for years he had absolute proof of Trump's collusion with Russia.

Lies, damned lies, and democrats! Lots and lots of lies... democrats live on lies. Why should anyone with any common sense give any credence to anything coming out of the democrats mouths and their minions in the mainstream media, at this point? I guess democrats are counting on the American public to be one big stupid lot.

Actually the actually transcript pretty much says all of that, despite Schiff’s editorialism

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They should return the favor. The Democrats behavior the last 3 years have been atrocious. Let them get a taste of their own medicine and they might come back to reality.
    Dream on! To democrats, 'reality' seems to be an abstract term.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Dream on! To democrats, 'reality' seems to be an abstract term.

You’ve got the partisan blinders on; ignoring the facts going on here - and they’re bad.

The quid pro quo and cover-up allegations against Trump by democrats and their handmaidens in the media are falling apart

We already know there was no quid pro quo, which was proven by the Ukrainian president himself.

They’ve also claimed the placing of the transcript on a codeword system was the biggest bombshell of the whistleblower complaint, and was evidence of a cover-up.

But after 2017…
    …when verbatim transcripts of his conversations with the leaders of Australian and Mexico were leaked to the press, the White House began to restrict the number of officials who had access to the transcripts. One former Trump administration official confirmed that the White House started placing transcripts into the codeword system after those leaks.

Seems like a reasonable response by Trump to illegal leaks.

Democrats have backed themselves into a corner with the impeachment nonsense and should stop digging their own graves. But we know that will never happen as they seemingly are addicted to drinking the kool-aid.

What the democrats have done is in my estimation borderline criminal. With the impeachment nonsense they have now made it that the major issues of the election and important matters, such as healthcare, education, jobs, the economy and climate will be relegated to the back-burner. It seems the democrats don't care about the American people… unless they’re woke and illegal, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Seems like a reasonable response by Trump to illegal leaks.

Democrats have backed themselves into a corner with the impeachment nonsense and should stop digging their own graves. But we know that will never happen as they seemingly are addicted to drinking the kool-aid.

What the democrats have done is in my estimation borderline criminal. With the impeachment nonsense they have now made it that the major issues of the election and important matters, such as healthcare, education, jobs, the economy and climate will be relegated to the back-burner. It seems the democrats don't care about the American people… unless they’re woke and illegal, apparently.

Surely you've seen the Democrat debates where they've been promising everything to everybody EXCEPT the American taxpaying citizens.

Sadly Ireland is no better with all the parties minus the National party promising everything to everyone except the Irish taxpaying citizen.

The word of one former WH official vs at least 3 active WH sources confirmed by news outlets, and a CIA operative assigned to the WH, that this was placed in codeword-secured systems irregularly.

Obviously Zelensky will buddy up to Trump in this incident since his own political destiny hinges on it; if he admitted to quid pro quo his country would have him out of office too.

Trying to cry nothingburger over this will backfire

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Cannot wait to see Trump impeached!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Leftists spent the guts of two and half years losing their minds about the apparent meddling in an American presidential election by a foreign country. So why then are they now so up in arms at Trump's attempts at furthering such an investigation? Which is after all, what Trump is trying to do.

What's happening now is that these people are revealing what we all really knew about them already of course and that is that they never had any genuine interest in the meddling of foreign countries in US elections at all and all that faux concern and pearl clutching about the possibility that Trump was a Russian agent was mere theatrics.

Trump is not in the crosshairs of these meddling investigations any longer and so that is why these people are stomping their feet and doing all they can to have him removed from office. Well, not a hope. The origins of just what led to the Russian Collusion hoax, and the subsequent spying on Trump (which included heads of the FBI and DOJ leaking knowingly false intel to journalists / activists are soon to be revealed.

If these people had any real interest in justice they would be happy that the truth is slowly starting to come out, but nah, they're too busy whinging about Trump making tongue in cheek jokes about about being the chosen one and his use of sharpies. Nonsense of course which reveals their true motives and indeed what it is that drives them constantly and it is their hatred of Trump's politics. Primarily that he is not someone who gives a crap about what the left thinks nor wants and that drives.them.nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,560 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Cannot wait to see Trump impeached!
    You'll have to, as it won't happen

Speaking Of Russia, if they go down the full impeachment route.

Any calls with Mr. Putin can be subpoenaed, the translator who was in on that one on one meeting can also be forced to testify.

Could be a fair bit of popcorn munching left in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

A SC ruling tightening up the matter wouldn't affect freedom of the press, just ensure they don't make up lies and claim it's news or purposely report misleading stories to advance their own agenda. It would just keep them honest. And isn't that what we want from the press?

With the part in bold I couldn't agree with you more. Although what is being proposed to to address this is an attack on the 1964 landmark case of New York Times v. Sullivan.

In this ruling the court ruled that Sullivan had to prove actual malice from The Times(not an inadvertent mistake). This set the precedent that Clarence Thomas was challenging.

To change this law means someone must then interpret the intent of The Times(Sujective-who decides?). This is too slippery a road trust me you don't want to go down. Just look at the way the current hate crime law(Gardai) is writtten.
    ‘Any incident which is perceived by the victim or any other person as being motivated by hate, based on a person’s age, race, ethnicity, religious belief, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation’ .

To remove the need to prove malice is akin to the far-lefties trying to impose hate laws. Its exactly the same thing. They are advocating for the removal of proving intent in regards hate crimes, Clarence Thomas is advocating the removal of having to prove malice in libel laws. Both are doing it currently in support of 'their side'.

The high requirement to prove intent is necessary for fear for prosecuting the innocent; and in the case of the press, potentially restricts their ability to do their job.

Just look at the editorial mistakes that the left-wing media have made. I'm sure some of them were genuine and I'm sure right wing media have also made genuine mistakes. The only deciding factor will be; Who is in charge?

Actually the actually transcript pretty much says all of that, despite Schiff’s editorialism

Quote, precisely, which part of the phone call it is where Trump is suggesting to Zelensky that he wants him to "make up" things about Biden.

Quote, precisely, which part of the phone call it is where Trump is suggesting to Zelensky that he wants him to "make up" things about Biden.

“Despite Schiffs editorialism”

Leftists spent the guts of two and half years losing their minds about the apparent meddling in an American presidential election by a foreign country. So why then are they now so up in arms at Trump's attempts at furthering such an investigation? Which is after all, what Trump is trying to do.

Code-word secretly? Ridiculous. If all he wanted was transparent investigation he could have made a public call for such. There is no reason that an investigation if it was above board needed to be code-word classified. Nothing right about that at all.

The actual transcript hasn't been released.

It is sitting on a secure computer somewhere. If it hasn't been deleted.

“Despite Schiffs editorialism”

Yes, you said the transcript "pretty much says all of that, despite Schiff’s editorialism" and I'm asking you where?

Quote it please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

ELM327 wrote: »
    You'll have to, as it won't happen

Nah - he'll be impeached (tried in the Senate.) Whether he's found guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors is not likely if the GOP vote the party line.

Advertisement