Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

mad muffin wrote: »
    Fake?

Same with all footage that goes against the laughable 'Antifa are anti-fascist heroes' narrative. They'll spend days arguing about anyone can buy a mask and black clothes and pretend to be Antifa. Best ignored at this stage.
    By the way. Zelensky was happy that Yovanovitch was recalled. As he told Trump on the call.

Zelensky said he agreed with Trump "100 per cent" that the former US ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, was "a bad ambassador.

If ever there was an axe grinder, it's her. She'll give them something to play with today for sure.

Lutsenko claims she said some inappropriate stuff to him regarding who he should (and more importantly) should not be investigating.

Rumours about she spied on John Solomon and some other journalists too.

Wonder if they'll ask her about that today.

190925155121-01-marie-yovanovitch-file-large-169.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Without a full House floor vote on the impeachment inquiry it gives Trump convincing justification for not cooperating with the inquiry as it now stands. But he would have no excuse to ignore the inquiry if there were a vote. So why not take a vote? Without it the whole inquiry is little more than political theater on the part of Democrats.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,695 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    Without a full House floor vote on the impeachment inquiry it gives Trump convincing justification for not cooperating with the inquiry as it now stands. But he would have no excuse to ignore the inquiry if there were a vote. So why not take a vote? Without it the whole inquiry is little more than political theater on the part of Democrats.

It’s not a justification for not cooperating. There is no compulsion to take a floor vote for the inquiry process. Trump certainly hasn’t agreed to unsealing redacted Grand Jury information. Just more daylight evidence of obstruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Would you expect him to say "She was great and you're an ass for removing her. Now, about those funds..."?
    Zelenskyy in that transcript clearly knows he's talking to the king, the pope of narcissists, and he is grovelling and flattering as hard as he can.

Zelenskyy in that transcript clearly knows he's talking to the king, the pope of narcissists, and he is grovelling and flattering as hard as he can.

As every foreign diplomat has done. Remember when Trump kept trying to quid pro quo Shinzo Abe to nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize?

• Advertisement

Same with all footage that goes against the laughable 'Antifa are anti-fascist heroes' narrative. They'll spend days arguing about anyone can buy a mask and black clothes and pretend to be Antifa.

Can they not?

Lindsey Graham blasting the whistleblower for wanting to testify in writing: says it "would violate every principle of due process"

Forgot that Trump testified in writing to Mueller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Overheal wrote: »
    Lindsey Graham blasting the whistleblower for wanting to testify in writing: says it "would violate every principle of due process"

Forgot that Trump testified in writing to Mueller.

These Trump defenders are total hypocrites.

If I was the whistle blower I wouldn't want my name made public.
    The trump nuts/the president would try to murder you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Many folks online have already called for violence against the whistleblower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It's like an extreme religion, this is how they behave.
    Trump is their god and must not be questioned.

Anyway, many more whistle blowers are coming forward now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

It is called fascism.

Leaked RNC talking points memo

EGnVi4BX4AAnr-B?format=png&name=900x900

chimes with Lindsey Graham earlier:

"The Trump Administration and House Republicans should say HELL NO to this idea!

What was unseemly in the House of Representatives is becoming a charade. Allowing the whistleblower to testify in writing would violate every principle of due process and show what a sham the House impeachment process has become."

280.jpg

Ahmen!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fake?

Ah now… I knew you were the Chief-In-Disingenuousness

But that statement that the video is fake just takes the biscuit.

You better not dare call out anyone posting in bad faith after that post. That video is a live news feed. And you have the audacity to call it fake. I suppose you would. Being as you are Chief-in-Bad fait posting.

I’ll go one step further and say you are a disgrace. You are a mod ffs. I expect a slightly higher standard. But reading other Mods on this site. I’m not surprised. Not in the slightest.
    Attack the post, not the poster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 johnmc76

Because he knows they're full of ****. And these inquiries are wastes of time. Most of these Democrats are more interested in playing to the cameras ["I Am Spartacus" anyone? ] and giving the illusion to their base that they're doing something.

If they found anything impeaching him for then they would have had the vote by now. They don't and they're worried that a roll call vote would endanger their members in districts that Trump won and possibly will win again next year.

I like that Trump is calling them on this. "Have your vote or shut the **** up about it." Instead they're content to drag this into his second term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

But Trump asked a foreign government for electoral assistance which is a bit no no. It's in the transcript that he released and everything. Then he did it out in public. And now two people working for his lawyer got arrested and charged with shenanigans.

He left the Dems with little choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

But Trump asked a foreign government for electoral assistance which is a bit no no. It's in the transcript that he released and everything. Then he did it out in public. And now two people working for his lawyer got arrested and charged with shenanigans.

Trump's strategy has entered the 'Vicki Pollard' stage of defence

Incorrect. The two countries have an agreement to help one another if there is suspect of criminal activity.

johnmc76 wrote: »
    Because he knows they're full of ****. And these inquiries are wastes of time. Most of these Democrats are more interested in playing to the cameras ["I Am Spartacus" anyone? ] and giving the illusion to their base that they're doing something.

If they found anything impeaching him for then they would have had the vote by now. They don't and they're worried that a roll call vote would endanger their members in districts that Trump won and possibly will win again next year.

I like that Trump is calling them on this. "Have your vote or shut the **** up about it." Instead they're content to drag this into his second term.
    It’s really more all about getting Republicans to wake up and smell the covfefe that Trump is obstructing justice and among other things and according to the Mueller report he would be indicted for crimes right now but only for an OLC opinion that says you can’t indict a sitting president for crimes they have committed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Has anything official happened yet, where both sides have subpoena power? It's hard to get non biased coverage of this

Incorrect. The two countries have an agreement to help one another if there is suspect of criminal activity.

Irrelevant. Most countries have that. Law enforcement often cooperate across borders. It's fairly normal.

Trump asked for electoral help from a foreign government. That's straight up illegal and most certainly not normal in the States. It's why all those Republicans refuse to answer whether it was OK for him to do it and why nobody is willing to defend him doing it.

Instead it's just outrage that he is being held to account.

It’s really more all about getting Republicans to wake up and smell the covfefe that Trump is obstructing justice and among other things and according to the Mueller report he would be indicted for crimes right now but only for an OLC opinion that says you can’t indict a sitting president for crimes they have committed

Want to know how that is bull****? Because if he did obstruct justice then they would have voted to begin impeachment proceedings instead of posturing about it. Its like how they keep claiming he's a tyrant yet they want American citizens to turn their guns over to him.

Has anything official happened yet, where both sides have subpoena power? It's hard to get non biased coverage of this

There hasn't been a floor vote to that effect.

The Senate can still make subpoeanas though. Don't know why they don't try - my assumption would be they have nobody to subpoeana about this. However Sen. Graham did invite (not subpoeana) Giuliani to lay out his conspiracy theory in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

johnmc76 wrote: »
    Want to know how that is bull****? Because if he did obstruct justice then they would have voted to begin impeachment proceedings instead of posturing about it. Its like how they keep claiming he's a tyrant yet they want American citizens to turn their guns over to him.

They're having an impeachment inquiry right now. Then they will vote on impeachment. It would be silly to vote on impeachment until the facts are known. It's really not that complicated.

The Senate can still make subpoeanas though. Don't know why they don't try - my assumption would be they have nobody to subpoeana about this. However Sen. Graham did invite (not subpoeana) Giuliani to lay out his conspiracy theory in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

chaffetz was sure they'd subpoena hunter biden if they had the power but they cant? my understanding anyway

They're having an impeachment inquiry right now. Then they will vote on impeachment. It would be silly to vote on impeachment until the facts are known. It's really not that complicated.

can the facts be known until everyone is questioned by all parties?

They've been having inquiries since the night he won. Anybody with sense can see this a waste of time. If they're so sure he committed an impeachable offense then vote or piss off.

I have a feeling that Giuliani might not be going in front of that committee any time soon.

• Advertisement

if leo asked the uk government to investigate mary lou (for example) for alleged wrong doing, we'd be creaming ourselves to congratulate him, transparency, etc. is this unique to american politics or what?

Advertisement