Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

notobtuse wrote: »
    Well you certainly won't find any reporting on it from the Democrat's media handmaidens.

John Solomon, investigative reporter, who won a number of prestigious awards for his investigative journalism.

The Hill (Solomon's soon-to-be-former site) shows him as an opinion piece writer. He's not without controversy: https://www.thedailybeast.com/leaked-memo-colleagues-unload-on-john-solomon-the-reporter-who-kicked-off-trumps-ukraine-conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Has he released the document he is talking about? It's a strange article.

And i guess it doesn't really change anything for trump?

Fox news : https://www.foxnews.com/media/john-solomon-says-new-hunter-biden-related-doc-shows-significant-shift-in-factual-timeline.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Well you certainly won't find any reporting on it from the Democrat's media handmaidens.

John Solomon, investigative reporter, who won a number of prestigious awards for his investigative journalism.

From wiki.

"John F. Solomon is an American journalist who is an investigative reporter, a media executive, and a conservative political commentator. He is an editorialist and executive vice president of digital video for The Hill. He was formerly employed as an executive and as editor-in-chief at The Washington Times. While he has won a number of prestigious awards for his investigative journalism, he has also been accused of magnifying small scandals and creating fake controversy."

Why did you cut out the second part of the sentence?
    Copy and past job also!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

From wiki.

"John F. Solomon is an American journalist who is an investigative reporter, a media executive, and a conservative political commentator. He is an editorialist and executive vice president of digital video for The Hill. He was formerly employed as an executive and as editor-in-chief at The Washington Times. While he has won a number of prestigious awards for his investigative journalism, he has also been accused of magnifying small scandals and creating fake controversy."

Why did you cut out the second part of the sentence?
    Copy and past job also!
    Wiki… well okay, then. :rolleyes:

Regardless, “magnifying small scandals” does not make them false or incorrect, right?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Wiki… well okay, then. :rolleyes:

Regardless, “magnifying small scandals” does not make them false or incorrect, right?

This is what you posted

This is from his wiki page.
    While he has won a number of prestigious awards for his investigative journalism

Why did you cut out the second part of the sentence from your copy and paste?
    "Creating fake controversy" makes them very false I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Oh dear

Fancy that… apparently Ukraine reopened the Burisma probe months before the Trump-Zelensky phone call, and that the Trump administration was already aware of it. Reportedly the probe into Burisma also involved "unusual transactions" in the natural gas giant's accounts and alleged "illicit funds" coincided in part with the time Hunter Biden held a place on the firm's board... and that investigators in Ukraine filed a 15-page "notice of suspicion" indicating they were "looking at the possibility that the $3.4 million paid to Hunter Biden's firm may have been part of the illicit funds that were moving through the company."

And apparently, according to Joe Biden’s spokesperson, Hunter Biden’s position on the board of Burisma was approved by Barack Obama in 2014. So Joe is now dragging Barack into this mess. I bet Obama appreciates it.

I guess there can be no quid pro quo if Ukraine had already started an investigation and Trump already knew about it, right?

This situation is looking mighty bad for Joe Biden and the Democrat members of Congress rush to impeach.

Are you copying and pasting statements as your own?

https://bongino.com/bombshell-document-reveals-ukraine-started-biden-probe-months-before-trumps-call/

“illicit funds” coincided in part with the time Hunter Biden held a place on the firm’s board. The younger Biden was reportedly paid as much as $1 million per year for his time on the board, but Solomon said investigators in Ukraine filed a 15-page “notice of suspicion” indicating they were “looking at the possibility that the $3.4 million paid to Hunter Biden’s firm may have been part of the illicit funds that were moving through the company.”

https://bongino.com/bombshell-document-reveals-ukraine-started-biden-probe-months-before-trumps-call/

Solomon said the timeline of the alleged “illicit funds” coincided in part with the time Hunter Biden held a place on the firm’s board. The younger Biden was reportedly paid as much as $1 million per year for his time on the board, but Solomon said investigators in Ukraine filed a 15-page “notice of suspicion” indicating they were “looking at the possibility that the $3.4 million paid to Hunter Biden’s firm may have been part of the illicit funds that were moving through the company.”
    Didn't read it there.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

This is what you posted

This is from his wiki page.
    While he has won a number of prestigious awards for his investigative journalism

Why did you cut out the second part of the sentence from your copy and paste?
    "Creating fake controversy" makes them very false I'd say.
    No it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Solomon said the timeline of the alleged “illicit funds” coincided in part with the time Hunter Biden held a place on the firm’s board. The younger Biden was reportedly paid as much as $1 million per year for his time on the board, but Solomon said investigators in Ukraine filed a 15-page “notice of suspicion” indicating they were “looking at the possibility that the $3.4 million paid to Hunter Biden’s firm may have been part of the illicit funds that were moving through the company.”
    Didn't read it there.

You've been stung rapid, mate.

• Advertisement

You've been stung rapid, mate.
    My comment was changed a bit from where I got the information, which was not from Bongino.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My comment was changed a bit from where I got the information, which was not from Bongino.

Which still means you plagiarized

And still don’t admit where you got it.

Whistleblower one’s lawyer clarified reports of bias clarifying the client has never worked for or advised any political candidate, campaign, or political party.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ukraine-whistleblowers-lawyers-respond-to-allegations-of-political-bias/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Overheal wrote: »
    Whistleblower one’s lawyer clarified reports of bias clarifying the client has never worked for or advised any political candidate, campaign, or political party.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ukraine-whistleblowers-lawyers-respond-to-allegations-of-political-bias/

Trump and Notobtuse will be pleased. Unbiased reporting and the facts will redeem him no doubt. Unless he's caught by the balls of course.

Use to be a time were anyone could make a claim. The claim would be investigated, including the one making the claim. In Trumpland it's you make a claim and the President attacks you on Twitter before any investigation.

Notobtuse will be laying low for a day or two after that display

Rick Perry now subpoenaed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Notobtuse will be laying low for a day or two after that display

I'm sure there'll be someone sounding familiar with a join date of around now.

New boardsies seem to love trump

Trump and Notobtuse will be pleased. Unbiased reporting and the facts will redeem him no doubt. Unless he's caught by the balls of course.

Use to be a time were anyone could make a claim. The claim would be investigated, including the one making the claim. In Trumpland it's you make a claim and the President attacks you on Twitter before any investigation.
    I didn't take much stock in the working with a political candidate, campaign, or political party thing. If he worked in the CIA he probably had professional dealings with people from both sides of the political aisle. It would be interesting to see if he was politically motivated or had political bias, though. Social media, texts and emails would help to indicate if he had motives to do what he did without any first hand knowledge. Hopefully Republicans will be allowed to ask questions, also, but I doubt Democrats will allow due process.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I didn't take much stock in the working with a political candidate, campaign, or political party thing. If he worked in the CIA he probably had professional dealings with people from both sides of the political aisle. It would be interesting to see if he was politically motivated or had political bias, though. Social media, texts and emails would help to indicate if he had motives to do what he did without any first hand knowledge. Hopefully Republicans will be allowed to ask questions, also, but I doubt Democrats will allow due process.

Can you give the link to the article you got this from? I wouldn't mind reading the whole thing for a bit of context.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Probably summoned to be told, "You're ****ed. You're all ****ed. We're starting to look stupid but this Romney guy, he might have a future. We have an opening for a Legal Correspondent.".

Can you give the link to the article you got this from? I wouldn't mind reading the whole thing for a bit of context.
    My comment you quoted didn't come from any particular article. I read dozens of political articles every day. The comment was derived from reading a number of different articles.

Another thought... If the Republicans take back the House, can they start an impeachment inquiry into Pelosi, Shiff and Nadler?

Probably summoned to be told, "You're ****ed. You're all ****ed. We're starting to look stupid but this Romney guy, he might have a future. We have an opening for a Legal Correspondent.".
    Perhaps Barr met with Mueller because Mueller lied about several things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Perhaps Barr met with Mueller because Mueller lied about several things.

Look at Overheal's post again and don't forget to check the link before you click on it.

Another thought... If the Republicans take back the House, can they start an impeachment inquiry into Pelosi, Shiff and Nadler?

My god all that reading you supposedly do and you still don't know how impeachment works!

Ladies and Gentlemen: Trump rubes.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-destroys-the-gops-just-kidding-theory-of-his-china-remarks-they-can-look-into-biden/

Trump blows up the "LOL/JK" defense of his calling for China to investigate Biden on the South Lawn, by doing it again.

“China has to do whatever they want. If they want to look into something, they can look into it. If they don’t want to look into it, they don’t have to,” President Trump declared. “Frankly, as far as I’m concerned, if China wants to look into something, I think that’s great, and if they don’t want to, I think that’s great too. That’s up to China.”

Which is exactly the nothing answer you give you try and wash over what he did last week.

He was also very eager to inject the claim that he has no involvement with the 2 cohorts of Guliani that were just arrested today.

Also regarding Trey Gowdy, Trump says he can't join Trump's impeachment defense until next year because of lobbying laws. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/10/trump-says-former-rep-trey-gowdy-cant-join-his-legal-team-until-january.html

Which is a shame, because articles of impeachment are expected to be out before the end of the month - by the time the whole show is over Gowdy will still be in lobbyist-timeout.

Also an update on Trump 'not knowing' the 2, or implying they were just part of a much larger fundraiser crowd or something....

EGi7wnJXkAERgJU?format=jpg&name=medium

So yeah expect the WH to be subpoenaed for all documents and itinerary for that little dinner date.

These two ex soviets were headed out of the country on one-way tickets to Vienna last night.

It just happens to be a pure coincidence then that Guliani had also originally announced plans that he was traveling to Vienna on a flight leaving tonight.

Guliani tried to say that his trip to Vienna had nothing to do with the two associates and that they would not have interaction while in Vienna, when all 3 of them will be in town. He did not elaborate on what else he was planning to do in Vienna - ‘make the sausage,’ perhaps?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/10/rudy-giuliani-vienna/599833/

At the same time these goons were charged with campaign finance violations the GOP submitted a claim against the FEC chair for “unethical abuses of power” - for disagreeing with the President about the realities of campaign finance law. They’re demanding the inspector general probe her now :rolleyes:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ranking-gop-committee-rep-demands-ig-probe-of-unethical-abuses-of-power-by-fec-chair/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Of all the bars in all the towns and you walk into mine.

• Advertisement

At least 4 National Security Officials raised the alarm both before and immediately after the Zelensky call :eek:

"The nature and timing of the previously undisclosed discussions with National Security Council legal adviser John Eisenberg indicate that officials were delivering warnings through official White House channels earlier than previously understood — including before the call that precipitated a whistleblower complaint and the impeachment inquiry of the president.

At the time, the officials were unnerved by the removal in May of the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine; subsequent efforts by Trump’s lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani to promote Ukraine-related conspiracies; as well as signals in meetings at the White House that Trump wanted the new government in Kiev to deliver material that might be politically damaging to Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

Those concerns soared in the call’s aftermath, officials said. Within minutes, senior officials including national security adviser John Bolton were being pinged by subordinates about problems with what the president had said to his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelensky. Bolton and others scrambled to obtain a rough transcript that was already being “locked down” on a highly classified computer network.

“When people were listening to this in real time there were significant concerns about what was going on — alarm bells were kind of ringing,” said one person familiar with the sequence of events inside the White House, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter. “People were trying to figure out what to do, how to get a grasp on the situation.”

It is unclear whether some or all of the officials who complained to Eisenberg are also the ones who later spoke to the whistleblower."

It is not clear whether Eisenberg took any action either after the warnings he received earlier in July or after the Trump-Zelensky conversation. One official said Eisenberg vowed he would “follow-up,” a message interpreted to mean that he intended to investigate the matter and perhaps relay the dismay up the ranks to White House counsel Pat Cipollone.

If that occurred, it would help to explain how the White House was already aware of concerns about the July 25 call when contacted by the CIA general counsel weeks before a whistleblower complaint submitted by an agency employee had become public.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/at-least-four-national-security-officials-raised-alarms-about-ukraine-policy-before-and-after-trump-call-with-ukrainian-president/2019/10/10/ffe0c88a-eb6d-11e9-9c6d-436a0df4f31d_story.html

Advertisement