Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 World Athletics Championships, Doha

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Michael Rodgers tested positive in 2011. How long would you expect him to be banned?

Christian Coleman hasn't committed a doping violation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

The doping thread 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

The doping thread 2019

No, that's over on the Salazar thread! Cos he's the only problem ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭walshb

RTÉ reporting Ciara finished last??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Michael Rodgers tested positive in 2011. How long would you expect him to be banned?

Seriously!! Poor Mickey he tested positive for drugs sure he made a mistake thought it was smarties he was taking.... poor lad got caught out. He should have never been allowed run again as for Gatlin, man has no shame!! Ridiculous argument your making

• Advertisement

Life! That might, only might, make them think twice. Fact is they don't expect to be caught. As for Coleman....all of us have phones, diaries etc. I'm sure he has a PA amongst his entourage. If I missed 3 appointments be they work, dentist, doctor or drug tester in a year I'd be thinking I had Alzheimer's!

OOnegative wrote: »
    Seriously!! Poor Mickey he tested positive for drugs sure he made a mistake thought it was smarties he was taking.... poor lad got caught out. He should have never been allowed run again as for Gatlin, man has no shame!! Ridiculous argument your making
    skyblue46 wrote: »
    Life! That might, only might, make them think twice. Fact is they don't expect to be caught. As for Coleman....all of us have phones, diaries etc. I'm sure he has a PA amongst his entourage. If I missed 3 appointments be they work, dentist, doctor or drug tester in a year I'd be thinking I had Alzheimer's!

Life? For a stimulant that's only banned in competition? What stupidity is this?

P.S. Coleman hasn't missed 3 tests. Why do people keep saying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

walshb wrote: »
    RTÉ reporting Ciara finished last??

They should really say she finished 10th in the WORLD...

4Ad wrote: »
    They should really say she finished 10th in the WORLD...

But wasn’t there 12 in the race?

She finished tenth, which is not last...

Because of ignorance and sheer wanting things to be to their liking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,863 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Life? For a stimulant that's only banned in competition? What stupidity is this?

This article says he missed 3 tests.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/28/sports/christian-coleman-track-doping.html

I don't think I said he missed 3 tests?

Yes if they really want to clean up this mess they need a zero tolerance policy. No more 'I just took what the doctor told me' or 'it was in my supplement and I didn't know', we don't have a record of what's in the Jiffy bags etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

how long is this lad gonna last in front. i'll give him 10mins

walshb wrote: »
    Because of ignorance and sheer wanting things to be to their liking...

I'm on a yellow card so..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Any tv channels showing it now? Is it over for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

If you had any regard or understanding what so ever for athletics you wouldn’t want ANY kind of drug cheats to ever get back into competition. Coleman has missed 3 tests, regardless of how much Head & Shoulders he had in his ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Ceepo

jamule wrote: »
    how long is this lad gonna last in front. i'll give him 10mins

Only a matter of time before he crashes and burns I'm afraid.. pb of 2.10 and he's gone out at 2.07 pace

Is there anyone not wearing 4% or next %

Ceepo wrote: »
    Is there anyone not wearing 4% or next %

the paraguayan is wearing something else altogether . 2.06 pace at 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

Any sign of Scullion? Saw him in the main group at the km Mark. No sign of him in the top 50 at the 5k split

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Any pointers to a tracker? Can't find anything online.

Any sign of Scullion? Saw him in the main group at the km Mark. No sign of him in the top 50 at the 5k split
    about 15s out the back , either fooked at the start or just making sure he finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

https://twitter.com/irishathletics/status/1180594374662488064

He's at the very back, last I saw of him he was running on his own.

jamule wrote: »
    the paraguayan is wearing something else altogether . 2.06 pace at 5k

Looks like the 4% to me, But I am watching it in the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭AhhHere

Loving watching Ayala. Breaks ahead early, seems to bless himself every 12 steps and isn't running the most direct line. Can he keep it up?

The swedish chaser in 2nd looks uncomfortable from the start. Keeps readjusting his shorts.

Scullion looks to be working towards getting his time/points. Running his own race. Smart move IMO. Stick to your plan

OOnegative wrote: »
    If you had any regard or understanding what so ever for athletics you wouldn’t want ANY kind of drug cheats to ever get back into competition. Coleman has missed 3 tests, regardless of how much Head & Shoulders he had in his ear.

Did you read the link posted in the dedicated thread? If you did then you know he didn't miss 3 tests. If you didn't then read it. He didn't get off on a technicality. The case was dropped, because there was no case to answer.

So who has no regard or understanding of athletics?

How is Rodgers a cheat? He can legally take the substance he tested positive for in training. It is only banned in competition.

Like it or not, there must be a set of rules to play by. The rules must be adhered to, not only by competitors, but also by officials and organisations.

The ignorance of the rules displayed by supposed athletics fans in this thread is breathtaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭AhhHere

Ceepo wrote: »
    Looks like the 4% to me, But I am watching it in the phone

Cant tell model but at start line. Half were wearing the same colour yellow shoe. The rest in pink. Imagine nike vaporflys alright.

Race live on YouTube too for anyone wondering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjbuHupE47g

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Abraham from Switzerland wearing some kind of icepack headband, replacing with fresh one each lap. He's keeping a cool head. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

wgtomblin wrote: »
    Abraham from Switzerland wearing some kind of icepack headband, replacing with fresh one each lap. He's keeping a cool head. ;-)

I was wondering what that was. Looks like a wooly hat 😂

• Advertisement
Advertisement