Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think only Netflix series to leave were the Disney series?

As for Lucifer, it's similar to Manifest. The original seasons were available and successful on netflix in the States after airing on their original network, which is why they funded the new season. It was just over here where it seemed stupid because we got the Netflix produced seasons while the other seasons were part of previous deals and stuck elsewhere. So think Lucifer was amazon while Manifest was Sky.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Well, The Midnight Club has been cancelled, so there won't be any more of that regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I watched Troll I found it enjoyable in a dumb popcorn munching type of way, it all feels a bit familiar and predictable but it is very decent cheesy fun and looks really good. King Kong/godzilla vibes at times! The lead was excellent.

The same director has another film called The Wave (it does what it says on the tin) it is very enjoyable.

I get the feeling he is a big Jurassic Park fan....lots of nods/lifts in this one....even a line or two of dialogue... cheeky

Post edited by gmisk on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭corkie

@peteeeed

November 11th

Ancient Apocalypse (Season 1) Netflix Original Series – Docuseries looking into pseudoarcheology theories.

Don't have netflix, did anyone watch this series?

Netflix hit series “Ancient Apocalypse” causes huge backlash in Entertainment Media Complex

Edit: -

Got to see the first three episodes in relative's house today.

So why is this on Netflix? Lots of people are asking that question. Stuart Heritage, writing for the Guardian, provides one possible explanation: 

If you don't like Hancock's story about the super-intelligent advanced civilisation being wiped off the face of the planet, here's another that might explain how Netflix gave the greenlight to Ancient Apocalypse: the platform's senior manager of unscripted originals happens to be Hancock's son [Sean]. Honestly, what are the chances? ~~ Link

Post edited by corkie on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Caquas

Great movie, with a mix of laughter and tears.

Mads Mikkelsen is excellent as a teacher trying to solve his mid-life crisis with alcohol which gets him (and his buddies) into funny/crazy scrapes.

I love that this movie focusses on ordinary people finding imaginative responses to life's issues. Hollywood used to make this kind of movie but now its characters and situations always seem extreme/bizarre. There is an opportunity for Irish film makers in this style of movie, if they would look outside the Anglosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Leonardo DiCaprio is supposed to be remaking it and wanted Mads Mikkelsen in it but he turned it down

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched the new Scrooge movie. While I liked some parts, it wouldn't be high on the list of my favourite versions and makes me want to rewatch A Muppet Christmas Carol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Kinda. Amazon had a pilot commissioned from Walking Dead alum Glen Mazzara, but unfortunately the show wasn’t picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭bullpost

Watched "My Name is Vendetta". Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I binged Season 2 of One Of Us Is Lying over the weekend. I really enjoyed Season 1 I have to say. It's silly but slick and thrilling enough to keep you interested. The second season is a bit dry by comparison. All the characters are already established and largely rehashing their season one arcs. The plot is a lot more transparent and overall it lacks the tension present in the original outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Cheers I had never heard of that before, books are amazing and would definitely need a few seasons of tv to do it justice

"Knives Out" will come to Netflix on December 23rd - the same day as the sequel film "Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery"

Post edited by peteeeed on

You People | feat. Eddie Murphy and Jonah Hill | Official Teaser

I saw the second one recently in the cinema it is very good, will definitely watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Best of Enemies starring Sam Rockwell was added today and is a very good movie.

True story about a KKK member and a civil rights activist that form a good friendship after a rocky start.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Watched Another Round tonight, a tremendous watch and great performances. Some very very funny scenes as well as some fairly brutal ones as things (inevitably) get out of hand. It's interesting seeing a film on this subject coming from a country and culture that, as far as I can tell, has a problem with alcohol baked into its culture that is even more pronounced than in the UK & Ireland. Well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Snap. Watched it last night, too. Really enjoyed it. Want to try The Hunt next. Mikkelsen seems to have a back catalogue of dark comedies.

Delivery by Christmas (2022)(Polish) When a spiteful coworker sabotages her deliveries, a courier and a helpful customer must race to return Christmas presents to their intended recipients.

Sebastian Maniscalco: Is It Me? (2022) In a lively stand-up set, Sebastian acts out life's little agonies, from school drop-offs to off-leash dogs to date nights with his wife.

The Boss Baby: Christmas Bonus (2022) Christmas Eve takes a twisty turn when the Boss Baby accidentally swaps places with one of Santa's elves and gets stranded at the North Pole..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

I don't like much of M. Flanagan's work, but Midnight Mass was great IMO. Hope we get a Season 2...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Midnight Club was cancelled. Found it very much lacking to be honest.

I don't think there was ever scope for a Midnight Mass follow-up. It was fairly conclusive. Fantastic series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I’m not seeing either Another Round OR Best of Enemies on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Is it the 1990's again, or the 1890's given that he is just aping Ignatius Donnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Why are people getting so pissy over that Ancient Apocalypse thing? I watched it, was alright, not brilliant or anything, but its entertainment. A kind of Indiana Jones-esque story vibe. That Guardian headline "So why is this on Netflix" is hilarious, sure why is 100% of everything on Netflix? Its entertainment.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Quick question someone might be able to help with.

I have a netflix account and was able to access it on my laptop. No problem.

Laptop broke, and now I have a new one. But when I put in my sign-in details, it's like I'm starting a new account. Starts asking me what plan I want plan I want and the price. And then when I click on one, it asks me for my bank details. I stopped there, as it seemed like I would be creating a new netflix acocunt, and then paying twice every month.

Am I missing something obvious?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Can you access your old account on another device? Any chance you used an old email address for it? I accidentally have two Mubi accounts with two different emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Thanks for that. No, I tried on my phone there. But same thing. It accepts my e-mail and password. It seems to indicate that I'm signed in (as in the corner there is an option button for me to "sign out". But then just goes to choosing my plan and making payment. I'll just call them.

• Advertisement

Monsters vs. Aliens (2009) Aliens have landed and plan to take over Earth! But they'll face a secret squad of unlikely monster heroes ready to protect the planet and save the day..

Riddick (2013) Marooned on a lonely planet where he hopes an emergency beacon will save him, grim antihero Riddick instead attracts deadly aliens and mercenaries.

Too Hot to Handle season 4 (2022)On the shores of paradise, gorgeous singles meet and mingle. But there's a twist. To win an enticing grand prize, they'll have to give up sex.

Smiley season 1 (2022) (Spanish) Two men and their friends in Barcelona navigate hesitations, hangups and missed connections as they search for the true love they've been missing.

The Most Beautiful Flower season 1 (2022) (Spanish) Curvy, curly, confident Mich knows she's fabulous. Now she just has to convince everyone else at her Xochimilco high school to believe it too

I Hate Christmas season 1 (2022) (Italian) After lying to her family about having a boyfriend, a single nurse begins a desperate search to find a partner by Christmas -- which is in 24 days..

The Marriage App (2022) (Spanish) Tangled in a troubled marriage, a frustrated couple finds hope in a fun app that rewards good deeds -- until the obsession to win points takes over.

Added

Advertisement