Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just spotted all 3 seasons (well, 2 seasons and a "finale episode") of Jed Mercurio's "Bodies" has been added.

A bit under the radar as was critically acclaimed and during LoD's peak, it was nowhere to be found on iPlayer and the like.

Wholeheartedly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

So I watched uncut gems.... god what a watch, people here were right. The stress levels were high!

i had to have a shot of whiskey after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

SPRIGGAN 6 Episodes (2022) (Japanese) An ancient civilization's relics on Earth hold dangerous powers -- it's up to ARCAM Corporation's Spriggan agents to keep them out of the wrong hands

Longboarding LA to NY (2016) A young British filmmaker and his friends attempt to skate 3,000 miles across the US to raise money for cancer care. What could possibly go wrong?.

there are another batch of adventure docs added today from around the world like last saturday

Speak (2015) (Spanish) Shot in one continuous take, 20 stories intersect in Madrid's Lavapiés Square, each evoking the power of words, conversation and communication.

My Voice Will Be With You (2020) (French) This documentary explores the work of two unique anesthetists at a Brussels clinic who use hypnosis to try to help surgical patients manage pain.

Fever (2014) (German) Haunted by the memories of her childhood, a photographer searches through her troubled father's old photographs in an attempt to find closure.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

I agree. I thought bodies was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

My God but spiderhead is fairly terrible stuff and has an even more terrible ending to make matters even worse

• Advertisement

Lasted roughly 11 minutes at it last night.. could tell it wasn't gonna end well..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭jj880

I lasted as far as nacho cheese. That was enough for me.

Started watching the Lincoln Lawyer not expecting much but it kept me watching. Some of the supporting actors were a bit ropey but I enjoyed it overall. Decent 10 eps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder why Umbrella Academy is releasing on Wednesday instead of the usual Friday release for the bigger series like that. Do they not know I've enough to watch on Disney+ that day with Ms Marvel, Obi Wan finale and the new Doctor Strange?

I woke up yesterday expecting it too, and was gutted. Am at Glastonbury next week so I'll have that and Stranger Things shortly after coming back.

Anyways, Netflix have started doing it a bit tbh - Russian Doll second season was released on a Wednesday, as well as that horrible Ben Falcone-Melissa McCarthy vehicle earlier this week.

Really enjoying Obi Wan Kenobi. Cant wait for the finale. Is Doctor Strange gona be a rental on Disney+? If so I wouldn't bother. I saw it in the cinema. Very average movie I thought but if you're a big Doctor Strange fan maybe you'll enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭archfi

Melissa McCarthy 'comedy' series God's Favourite idiot is absolutely woeful. I'm lost for words as to how truly awful it is!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,472 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nope. It's being released to standard Plus. I've seen all the other MCU movies and series so not gonna stop now. 😃

Anyone have any good recap videos for Umbrella Academy? Think I remember enough anyway. So did they stunt the Five actor's growth so they don't have to use tricks or tech to make him look the same age?

In that case why not. I wouldnt be paying 20+ euro to stream it like Black Widow.

Civil: Ben Crump (2022) Ben Crump, also known as "Black America's attorney general," pulls back the curtain on his life as a family man and civil rights leader.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 40,257 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yeah, tbh part of the reason I was willing to take a punt on Spiderhead was the quality of Extraction - sure, it's not going to set the world on fire but it does what it sets out to do with flair and some good action/fight choreography (the bit with the knife-fight in the street and the Vespa still makes me smile, it's the sort of detail too many action films would overlook).

Spiderhead is watchable, yes no extraction but watchable... how it cost 100 million to make is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Gave the Lincoln Lawyer a try, after the first episode I'm not going to continue on with it. Genuinely felt like not much at all happened the whole episode.

Had The Chestnut Man on My List for a good while and have just finished the first episode. Great watch, gripping storyline and good acting. Has been a long time not getting into any show so this is enjoyable. Danish TV show with English sub titles for those that find this a deal breaker.

The Secret 4 Episodes (2016) A dentist and a Sunday school teacher begin a torrid extramarital affair that leads them to make a murderous pact. Based on a true story.

Doom of Love (2022) (Turkish) After his ad agency goes bankrupt, an indebted Fırat falls for a singer at a yoga retreat and joins her on a journey of self-realization.

Facing the Enemy (2007) (Slovenian) At the end of World War II, a German soldier accompanies a Slovak partisan into a snowy forest -- where they face a life-changing moral dilemma.

The Craft: Legacy (2020) High school students with supernatural gifts form a coven of witches but struggle to control their dark powers in this sequel to the cult classic.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭appledrop

We are really enjoying the Lincoln Lawyer, we find it nearly comedy like at times. I don't know if that was the effect that they were going for but that's the way we find it at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Watched this, have the same view in that it's just about watchable. More of a payday for all involved rather than putting in some effort with very much a TV movie vibe about it.

They must have built the building, bought the plane and the boat and spent the rest on Chris and Miles in order to spend the 100 million, cannot see where else the money went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭flasher0030

No idea either. Most of the film is set in 2 rooms - the room where Hemsworth and his buddy observe, and the room where the subjects of the experiments are. There's not much elsewhere. There's not much CGI, and only 1 bit of an explosion if I remember correctly. Must have been some salaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It seems to be Netflix's MO - give out huge pay cheques to big names and hope that that alone will bring in the viewers.

Even the explosion was bad CGI, from a distance but you could see that it was bad

Went looking for this and started watching midnight in the switchgrass thinking it was it.... the acting in this is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Not a recommendation but thought someone on here might know the answer. I have Sky Q and Netflix and have been paying them separately and wanted to combine them. Am I correct in saying that once I login to Netflix on Sky Q that Sky will contact Netflix in my behalf and Netflix will stop billing me separately?

Just watched burnt, was enjoyable!!

The Future Of 5 eps are up then new eps weekly (2022) With the help of industry experts, this innovative docuseries examines new and emerging technological trends to imagine revolutionary possibilities

Joel Kim Booster: Psychosexual (2022) Comedian Joel Kim Booster riffs on leaked selfies, dining at P.F. Chang's, keeping secrets and why cats are better than dogs as he hits the stage in LA

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma Season 1 (2016) (Japanese anime) Young chef Soma enters the prestigious Totsuki Culinary Academy, where he must emerge victorious in over-the-top cooking battles or face expulsion.

Added

• Advertisement

Advertisement