Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

bluewolf wrote: »
    Rebecca is brilliant imo

Just about made it to the end. Thought it was fairly poor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

CALM WITH HORSES
    As he reconciles with his ex and their son, an enforcer for a crime family gets an order that tests his loyalty and endangers everyone he holds dear.

Wildling
    Confined to an attic for years by a man claiming to be her protector, teenage Anna is liberated and begins learning the rest of her terrifying story

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Are netflix not gonna add more only fools and horses?, its doing my head in at this stage, stuck with same episodes for well over a year now, what's the bloody point

peteeeed wrote: »
    CALM WITH HORSES
    As he reconciles with his ex and their son, an enforcer for a crime family gets an order that tests his loyalty and endangers everyone he holds dear.

Added

That's terrible :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Augeo wrote: »
    That's terrible :o

Do you mean the film is terrible i.e. bad. Or that being in that particular scenario is terrible.

I thought the film was excellent. Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How is Kristin Scott Thomas as Mrs Danvers?

I thought she was very good. The character of Mrs Danvers raised a lot questions for me. Why was she so devoted to Rebecca. Why try and break up the new marriage.
    Had a read of some character analysis to make some sense of her & was glad to find I wasn’t alone!
    https://www.shmoop.com/study-guides/literature/rebecca-book/mrs-danvers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Trailer for a trailer - The Midnight Sky. More tomorrow.

Going to guess Dec 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched two more episodes of unsolved myself this morning and seems I was right about episode 4 which had some interesting bits, it falls into the same bucket as the alien abduction episode from the first season. I’ve no doubt that these people were looking for answers and saw things that weren’t there. It’s unexplained more than unsolved.

Episode 5 was certainly unsolved in that a women ended up in the river and downstream where is seems hard to have gotten there. The family issues angle seems the most likely and the younger brother of the dead woman should definitely be looked into more. He came across very weird to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Watched two more episodes of unsolved myself this morning and seems I was right about episode 4 which had some interesting bits, it falls into the same bucket as the alien abduction episode from the first season. I’ve no doubt that these people were looking for answers and saw things that weren’t there. It’s unexplained more than unsolved.

Episode 5 was certainly unsolved in that a women ended up in the river and downstream where is seems hard to have gotten there. The family issues angle seems the most likely and the younger brother of the dead woman should definitely be looked into more. He came across very weird to me.

Yeah I thought he was odd. For someone who said she was his closest friend, he didn't seem overly upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

4 into the second installment of Unsolved Mysteries. Crock of excrement so far. Some aren't even mysteries and unsloved is a big call for at least one. Terrible, fodder for the mentally numb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Watching Humans. I just love the realism that you find in British shows. It's nothing new or out there in the AI genre but I really like the cast and the backdrop of fairly normal working/middle class Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Do you mean the film is terrible i.e. bad. Or that being in that particular scenario is terrible.

just watched it I thought it was dismal and depressing not a great role for keoghan he is not thuggy enough was like a young fella hated the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thought Sinester was a decent horror flick given the week that's in it. Worth a watch if that's what you're looking for.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Thought Sinester was a decent horror flick given the week that's in it. Worth a watch if that's what you're looking for.

It's very good, but don't watch the sequel.

I wish they'd made this version of Rebecca.

Sarah Cooper: Everything's Fine
    Comedian and Trump lip-synching sensation Sarah Cooper tackles politics, race and other light topics in a sketch special packed with celebrity guests.

Guillermo Vilas: Settling the Score
    An Argentine journalist strives to prove that his countryman, tennis star Guillermo Vilas, was wrongly denied the No. 1 world ranking in the 1970s.

Blood of Zeus Season 1 (Anime)
    A commoner living in ancient Greece, Heron discovers his true heritage as a son of Zeus, and his purpose: to save the world from a demonic army

added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It's very good, but don't watch the sequel.

Loved the first one. Was looking forward to viewing the sequel until I saw the online reviews. Gave it a miss altogether. Different cast. Which makes sense I guess, as the first one wiped them all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

just watched it I thought it was dismal and depressing not a great role for keoghan he is not thuggy enough was like a young fella hated the whole thing.

It's a terrible movie. Dull, depressing, and nothing happens in it. Be lauded because it's Irish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭appledrop

Watched Rebecca last night + enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Finished Bly Manor over the weekend. Doesn't have the tension or terror of Hill House but I thought the ending to it was much more satisfying. A couple of distractingly wonky accents aside, I thought it was a good series.

Also watched Dogtown and the Z Boys documentary again with the daughter. I forgot how good it is. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Started Homeland for something to do during Lockdown 2, so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,288 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Trailer for a trailer - The Midnight Sky. More tomorrow.

Going to guess Dec 23rd.

I read the book that is based on...it was rather lovely, but maybe a bit too slow and cerebral for some people's tastes. Clooney also looks too young to play that Augustine part even with the beard!
    Book is called good morning, midnight if anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,288 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watching Humans. I just love the realism that you find in British shows. It's nothing new or out there in the AI genre but I really like the cast and the backdrop of fairly normal working/middle class Britain.
    The original swedish show it is based off Real Humans is well worth a watch as well.

Shame there aren't going to be any more episodes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Tim76 wrote: »
    Started Homeland for something to do during Lockdown 2, so far so good.

Found homeland a good watch. 7 seasons flew by. Would love to know is season 8 coming to Netflix

gmisk wrote: »
    I read the book that is based on...it was rather lovely, but maybe a bit too slow and cerebral for some people's tastes. Clooney also looks too young to play that Augustine part even with the beard!
    Book is called good morning, midnight if anyone interested.

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1321059173086408704?s=20

youtube link for the twitter haters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Watched Over The Moon last night, it has some funny moments and there are characters and designs in there that I was not expecting. The conclusion feels a bit rushed and on the nose but there are some good songs in there too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Watched Over The Moon last night, it has some funny moments and there are characters and designs in there that I was not expecting. The conclusion feels a bit rushed and on the nose but there are some good songs in there too.

I didn't like it at all. The beginning was okay but once they went to the moon it lost me completely. The songs feel like a random choice of musical genres just thrown in with no real connection from scene to scene, and the story was paper thin. Really weird choice of characters and design while on the moon too. It's not the worst I've seen but I was quite disappointed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Watched it last night and thought it was a powerful piece of drama. The scenes with Cosmo Jarvis and Niamh Algar were superb especially the phone call scene near the end. It was dark and bleak but brilliant.

Advertisement