Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,040 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's one thing knowing who's probably carrying out these actions, it's another thing getting enough evidence to put them away.

The troubles was a perfect example of this. They knew most of the paramilitaries, but catching them in the act or with someone on them was difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Allinall

bimlico wrote: »
    Someone paid these thugs a lot of money to do this. Now who, in that area has that kind of cash and clout. Also, who in that area would benefit most from QIH having to be sold off at a knockdown price because they can't guarantee the safety of management staff.
    Hmmm 😞😒

You tell me.

Put flesh on your insinuation.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

There silly boys the new owners , there not respecting there own or there families lives !
    There in over there Depth wether it’s double crossing Quinn , provos or whatever , any amount of money is not worth that hanging over u . A death sentence only worse as u don’t know when it’s coming !
    Run while u can before it’s too late would be my opinion !

They're there their now don't let it get you too upset. You really aren't improving the imagine of Quinn supporters with barely literate rants like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Leo has commented on the attack which will put pressure on AGS to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Or could be some nasty characters who have lost their reason becaue their ransom strip right of way to the wind farm is no longer the small gold mine it was because of the bankruptcy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Sean Quinn may be a bitter man over what happened to his company, but a vicious thug he is not, heard him being interviewed this morning and you could tell by the man he was disgusted with what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

mgn wrote: »
    Sean Quinn may be a bitter man over what happened to his company, but a vicious thug he is not, heard him being interviewed this morning and you could tell by the man he was disgusted with what happened.

Or he's well versed in deception?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/manufacturing/state-would-have-helped-if-kevin-lunney-worked-for-a-us-firm-1.4023835

Have a read of that, it documents very well the litany of attacks that have taken place over the past five years. One suspect the fact that it's occurring right on the border is a hindrance to both the Gardai and PSNI in being able to pin it on any particular individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

mgn wrote: »

Maybe so but he has been very vocal against the new owners and some utterly horrific deranged scumbags seem have latched onto that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Maybe so but he has been very vocal against the new owners and some utterly horrific deranged scumbags seem have latched onto that.

Professional scumbags, and not their first time to do something like that.

• Advertisement

If ex-Provos are involved, and I emphasize if, one would have to question the policy of letting most of them out of prison after the GFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Some one with deep pockets and a real grudge behind this, years of it.

Danzy wrote: »
    Some one with deep pockets and a real grudge behind this, years of it.

Does look like it.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Does look like it.

Who else would be escalating at this stage, almost make it impossible for a hedge fund to sell the business, is there anyone around who would know the business and leverage a buy out? Help end this sorry mess.

We may never know who is behind it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Danzy wrote: »
    Who else would be escalating at this stage, almost make it impossible for a hedge fund to sell the business, is there anyone around who would know the business and leverage a buy out? Help end this sorry mess.

We may never know who is behind it all.

We know who is behind all this even if they are trying to say it’s nothing to do with them, who else has anything to gain from it.
    The Garda and psni should flood the area on both sides of the border and get these guys, otherwise we have conceded control to the I R A.
    Who was the poor guy that was beaten to death in a barn because he stood up to the local Provo head? Was anyone ever charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

We know who is behind all this even if they are trying to say it’s nothing to do with them, who else has anything to gain from it.
    The Garda and psni should flood the area on both sides of the border and get these guys, otherwise we have conceded control to the I R A.
    Who was the poor guy that was beaten to death in a barn because he stood up to the local Provo head? Was anyone ever charged?

Paul Quinn. The only hope is that everyone involved in that barn that night has a profound personal loss, knows what that pain is, and then dies absolutely roaring in agony

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

They say that man was badly beaten and received life changing injuries what does that mean? Did they cut up his face?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,225 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do you read the papers? The board received a threatening letter regarding land access to a now French owned company, (formally Quinn property) stating that:

It's locals or people pretending to be locals wanting resolution to a local issue.
    FYI: the youngest of any ex-IRA would be in their late 40's.

Nice to see Coveney take the man's serious beating as a chance to score points. I'd be more impressed if the state caught these guys.

It seems this is only the most high profile of a number of Quinn related intimidations around the area.
    There's certainly an element of the old guard not liking them foreigners coming over here etc.
    It's like The Field ffs...

Clever way of pinning it on the IRA, first referencing the age of ex-IRA men, and then putting the blame on the old guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Was anyone charged?? The local Provo head who ordered it sat on policing board/partnership in the area and regularly has tea a crumpets meeting with the local cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Was anyone charged?? The local Provo head who ordered it sat on policing board/partnership in the area and regularly has tea a crumpets meeting with the local cops.

again - contact the guards or the PSNI as they dont know who did it. You obviously do.

Or is this a handbags and gossip circle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

maccored wrote: »
    again - contact the guards or the PSNI as they dont know who did it. You obviously do.

Or is this a handbags and gossip circle?

Everyone knows who done it carried out with surgical precision it was nah I'll leave the touting to Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Everyone knows who done it carried out with surgical precision it was nah I'll leave the touting to Gerry.

ah right - handbags and gossip for all then

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I have it on good authority, that its the IRB, possibly in cahoots with the United Irishmen, behind this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

NIMAN wrote: »
    It's one thing knowing who's probably carrying out these actions, it's another thing getting enough evidence to put them away.

The troubles was a perfect example of this. They knew most of the paramilitaries, but catching them in the act or with someone on them was difficult.

Of course they know who the paramilitaries were, it was them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bambi wrote: »
    Of course they know who the paramilitaries were, it was them.

A so-called community page established to publish disparaging material about Quinn Industrial Holdings executives warned that a “kangaroo court” had passed a “sentence” on the executives.

The company’s chief operating officer Kevin Lunney, who is recovering from his abduction and paramilitary-style beating and torturing this week, was named as one of the people subjected to the “kangaroo court”.

The post was published on the Seán Quinn Community Group Facebook page last September.

The page is one of a number of presences online that has been disseminating material seeking to damage the QIH executive team.

Seán Quinn has condemned the attack on Mr Lunney calling it “barbaric” and while the Sean Quinn Community page bears his name and his image, he has no link to it.

The page, like the campaign of violence and intimidation against the QIH executives over the past five years, seeks to damage the executives and suggests Mr Quinn should be back running the companies he founded.

However, while those behind the social media material and the violence have sought the return of Seán Quinn to the businesses, he has been clear to state that none of the activity is linked to him.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/community-page-warned-of-kangaroo-court-sentence-for-quinn-executives-1.4024861

Never knew Quinn was a 'RA man.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    Clever way of pinning it on the IRA, first referencing the age of ex-IRA men, and then putting the blame on the old guard.

Blanch, just because you read tea leaves on every post I publish and have a fancy for me, (flattered) doesn't make your inferences and fantasies real. I'm saying I think it's a local issue because the people who threatened to carry it out said it's a local issue. If to you, that's me going on hunger strike in H Block, I can't help you.
    I types what I thinks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

They say that man was badly beaten and received life changing injuries what does that mean? Did they cut up his face?
    Version I heard was that he was stabbed multiple times in the face and neck around major arteries, had both legs broken in multiple places, had his fingernails pulled out, and had bleach poured all over him. Torture plain and simple, and astonishing it wasn't fatal.

Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

I’ve been reading the history to this story and I have to say I’m absolutely shocked that this campaign of intimidation has been going on for so long without even one arrest, I mean what the hell is going on that the cops haven’t got involved or come down on these guys before it got to this, amazing that there are still pockets in Ireland that are basically run by criminals/subversives

The other thing I find baffling is that Quinn has consistently come out and said nothing to do with me and seems genuine however it all seems very very personal, am I missing something here?

Absolute dirt, hope the guards have the courage to pursue this to conviction, that kind of thing belongs to a dark chapter in the history of our country and has no place in modern Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Calltocall wrote: »
    I’ve been reading the history to this story and I have to say I’m absolutely shocked that this campaign of intimidation has been going on for so long without even one arrest, I mean what the hell is going on that the cops haven’t got involved or come down on these guys before it got to this, amazing that there are still pockets in Ireland that are basically run by criminals/subversives

The other thing I find baffling is that Quinn has consistently come out and said nothing to do with me and seems genuine however it all seems very very personal, am I missing something here?

Absolute dirt, hope the guards have the courage to pursue this to conviction, that kind of thing belongs to a dark chapter in the history of our country and has no place in modern Ireland.

It's a disturbing loyalty. Likely Quinn has nothing to do with it, however he and his supporters would have been very vocal on the narrative that it was everyone's fault but his. Even when he was trying to leave the tax payer with his bill they'd a rally for him and top GAA men were at it saying they were a good family. Same way families support particular parties regardless of their record and there's an element of tipping the cap to your betters too. It's obscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

It's a disturbing loyalty. Likely Quinn has nothing to do with it, however he and his supporters would have been very vocal on the narrative that it was everyone's fault but his. Even when he was trying to leave the tax payer with his bill they'd a rally for him and top GAA men were at it saying they were a good family. Same way families support particular parties regardless of their record and there's an element of tipping the cap to your betters too. It's obscene.

Unbelievable, he obviously spread a lot of money around to his pals during the good times.

• Advertisement

Shoe horning the IRA in to this is purely to fit your agenda or may be to distract people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement