Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The witless guffawing of the Dublin native (Mod warning in op)

Options

Comments

That has to be a contender for the most condescending smug post I've ever read on boards. And I'm not even from Dublin.

I can appreciate your complaint but your delivery is abysmal.

"Dingus" is a parody account, ten a penny around here. It doesn't warrant any scrutiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

"Dingus" is a parody account, ten a penny around here. It doesn't warrant any scrutiny.

The typo in the OP did give me life though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

<<OP>>

Still hurting from the all Ireland win are we ? Lol

I had to stop going to Trabolgan because of them.

I used to enjoy a few games of pongo and then head over to Gallaghers for a night cap. Regardless how loud the music was the Jackeens and Jilleens would turn it up another few decibels.

Give me a city full of Spanish students over them any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Grrr I paid for something and was shocked when it turned out what I paid wasn’t a lot of money and people I thought beneath me are actually my social equals. That’s what I would have read if this wasn’t made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

FFS 3 eejits were a little loud which means its time for the weekly Dublin bashing thread.. some people need to get themselves an actual hobby

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Still hurting from the all Ireland win are we ? Lol

Nooo! He can't be from Kerry. I won't believe it. Besides, we have harmonising shpas, none of this spa schite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Yeah it isn't like we have to put up with muck savages descending on the city. You should try living near Croke Park and watch them try an figure out how to cross a road. I assume there is traffic all around the country for them to have figured it out

Doe eyed wondering why the ground isn't soft and green

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Peatys wrote: »
    Doe eyed wondering why the ground isn't soft and green

Looking on in awe at four story buildings.

WB Yokes wrote: »

And buses with two floors!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

WB Yokes wrote: »

That would be storey, WB.

That would be storey, WB.

Story bud

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What is a harmonising spa?
    Aongus is one.

no more name calling

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kankicker

whats d story bud .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Greyfox wrote: »
    FFS 3 eejits were a little loud which means its time for the weekly Dublin bashing thread.. some people need to get themselves an actual hobby

Ah dubs are fair annoying though to be fair. Not quite as bad as Cork people but still annoying as feck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Aongus is one.
    What an awful thing to say to someone. Exactly the kind of thing I would expect from a "working class" Dub, though. Punctuated with a "wha'?" and a "hweh hweh hweh."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭CoBo55

And buses with two floors!!

And de airyplanez..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

In which case I've been hAd, AGAIN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    What an awful thing to say to someone. Exactly the kind of thing I would expect from a "working class" Dub, though. Punctuated with a "wha'?" and a "hweh hweh hweh."

I beg your pardon , my full title is "inner city working class" Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

tototoe wrote: »
    Ah dubs are fair annoying though to be fair. Not quite as bad as Cork people but still annoying as feck

Maybe 5 or 6 % of Dubs, the rest are awesome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Your partner is German but you think the Dublin accent is aggressive, even when a German is being romantic it sounds like they are threatening physical voilence

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Your partner is German but you think the Dublin accent is aggressive, even when a German is being romantic it sounds like they are threatening physical voilence

Often, they are.

You think this lad has ever talked to someone outside his over familiar family never mind a German

Thank God you're okay , Aongus.

Anything could have happened to you.

Isn't that the problem he was c**kblocked by some Dublin wans and nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kankicker

Hate to see if she ever get,s on his nerves . it will be the Gas chamber .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

My German partner .......

I found roughly 98 percent of German women I've ever met to be as night as a nun's growler, and about as straight laced as a ruler. Like, three beers on a night out would be a walk on the wild side.

Also most of them dressed in veritable rags. Like, Irish women like Penneys- they don't buy second hand Penneys gear and wear it for another seven years though.

A large proportion of them were ridicilously, grossly overweight. Like, documentary fat.

I'm not saying yer missus falls under these categories, but if you offered me a blind date with a German bird I probably wouldn't bother showing up (come to think of it I didn't bother turning up for a Tinder date with a German once)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

kankicker wrote: »
    Hate to see if she ever get,s on his nerves . it will be the Gas chamber .

Mod

Don't post in this thread again.

New Aongus hasn't the same way with words or structure as old Aongus. Maybe old Aongus is too busy with the toilet thread or something, and had to outsource.

I couldn't date a German for fear of having to be anywhere near Frankfurt Airport again.

• Advertisement

You think this lad has ever talked to someone outside his over familiar family never mind a German

In fairness he is far more entertaining and amusing than the 3 idiots that give regular updates about their respective bowel movements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement