Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

alastair wrote: »
    Nope, the context is clear as day in the post I handily provided to you. Look again.

Here, FFS
    Post the post you're challenging, not a thread link.

We don’t have any quota of asylum seekers. We, along with the UK and Denmark opted out of resettlement mechanisms in the Lisbon Treaty. Not sure what appeals is supposed to refer to.

You asked about appels
    You were provided with links to HC appeals and stats.
    What are you offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wibbling wonder

Alastair - how do you know this? I'm just curious as opposed to challenging you. I didn't see the signs but if that all they were saying I'm wondering how they were noticed.

We were trying to watch out for people from either the left or the right who might try to hijack our peaceful protest as once bitten twice shy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Alastair - how do you know this? I'm just curious as opposed to challenging you. I didn't see the signs but if that all they were saying I'm wondering how they were noticed.

We were trying to watch out for people from either the left or the right who might try to hijack our peaceful protest as once bitten twice shy.

There’s photos on Twitter: https://twitter.com/izzykamikaze/status/1178467507214135296?s=21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Ah izzys mates... yeah Oughterard done right telling those **** stirrers to f**k off.

Here, FFS
    Post the post you're challenging, not a thread link.

I’m providing you with the clear and unambiguous context - which was a claim of EU interference, including ‘appeals’. There are no EU-initiated appeals. If you can’t understand any of this, no longer my concern.

• Advertisement

I’m providing you with the clear and unambiguous context - which was a claim of EU interference, including ‘appeals’. There are no EU-initiated appeals. If you can’t understand any of this, no longer my concern.

Do you understand how Irish law works?
    Literally the first return from Google:

http://emn.ie/cat_search_detail.jsp?clog=6&itemID=3078&item_name=

Whats an EU "initiated" appeal BTW?
    Because youre the first to mention them

Do you understand how Irish law works?
    Literally the first return from Google:

http://emn.ie/cat_search_detail.jsp?clog=6&itemID=3078&item_name=

Whats an EU "initiated" appeal BTW?
    Because youre the first to mention them

Nope, I wasn’t. One more time for luck:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111382357&postcount=2684

Literally no- none has mentioned " EU initiated" appeals except you...
    (Clue. Theres no such thing)

He mentioned appeals...
    Theres 100s of them. You've been provided with HC statistics.
    If you appeal an Irish executive/judicial decision, it is heard in the context of EU decisions/directives/case law.

This is what he said:
    Hal3000 wrote: »
    Quotas ? Appeals ? Pressure on smaller nations to accept more? Suppose you’re right, they don’t get too involved do they ?

Literally no- none has mentioned " EU initiated" appeals except you...
    (Clue. Theres no such thing)

He mentioned appeals...
    Theres 100s of them. You've been provided with HC statistics.
    If you appeal an Irish executive/judicial decision, it is heard in the context of EU decisions/directives/case law.

This is what he said:

Honestly?
    What has the EU got to do with the asylum system?

Honestly?

Whats the last quote?

Europe has a lot to do with assylum seekers.
    EU has a lot to with all walks of life, not just assylum seekers in fact. The device youre on is EU influenced.

So what were you thinking of when you falsely accused someone of bringing "EU initiated appeals" into it? You were confused about something.

• Advertisement

Whats the last quote?

EU has a lot to with all walks of life, not just assylum seekers in fact. The device youre on is EU influenced.

So what were you thinking of when you falsely accused someone of bringing "EU initiated appeals" into it? You were confused about something.

The only confusion evident here is your own. Off to Gatling exile for you. You became boring long ago.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

He had left the country. That’s the clear evidence.

Link to the supposed Ballsbridge legal challenge then. Who’s this journalist?

He left, then he came back.

HE WAS IN THE COUNTRY.

He was off grid, which means he can come and go as he pleases.

I'm sure he wasn't the only one, its just he had the bad luck to get caught.

He left, then he came back.

HE WAS IN THE COUNTRY.

He was off grid, which means he can come and go as he pleases.

I'm sure he wasn't the only one, its just he had the bad luck to get caught.

He had left the country. He was arrested, so clearly unable to come and go as he pleased.

He had left the country. He was arrested, so clearly unable to come and go as he pleased.

He was compensated by a judge for being locked up.

So locked up at taxpayers expense. Compensated at taxpayers expense. And deported twice at taxpayers expense. And probably put up in a DPC at taxpayers expense.

One of the few positives of Brexit will be that bogus asylum seekers cannot pass freely here from the UK. I know you will be annoyed by that :)

The only confusion evident here is your own. Off to Gatling exile for you. You became boring long ago.

Poor retort.
    Par for the course from you at this stage.

Point blown out of the water, and you resort to insults

He was compensated by a judge for being locked up.

So locked up at taxpayers expense. Compensated at taxpayers expense. And deported twice at taxpayers expense. And probably put up in a DPC at taxpayers expense.

One of the few positives of Brexit will be that bogus asylum seekers cannot pass freely here from the UK. I know you will be annoyed by that :)

I’m sure he enjoyed prison. And Brexit will have no impact on NI border crossings. As both governments have made clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Whats the last quote?

Poor retort.
    Par for the course from you at this stage.

Point blown out of the water, and you resort to insults

Mod

Lets try to keep things on topic and not resort to name calling, lads.

I’m sure he enjoyed prison. And Brexit will have no impact on NI border crossings. As both governments have made clear.

Not NI border, but likely the Irish sea border.

One of the main drivers of Brexit was to put a stop to the free movement of people and control borders.

I don't care if he enjoyed prison or not. He was a failed asylum seeker who was asked to leave the country. He returned.

How would you have dealt with him?

Not NI border, but likely the Irish sea border.

One of the main drivers of Brexit was to put a stop to the free movement of people and controlling borders.

I don't care if he enjoyed prison or not. He was deported. He returned. How would you have dealt with him?

Well, given that the normal route currently taken is via NI, that would suggest the status quo remains for those looking to avoid detection. No proposed version of Brexit envisages controlling the NI border.

I’d have arrested him of course, he had been deported. And that’s what all deported asylum seekers face. The only reason he was compensated was that the warrant was incorrectly executed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Of course they were told to sling their hook; they're creating the suggestion that Oughterard's decision is fuelled by something it's not. I'm going to assume you understand that.

• Advertisement

PostWoke wrote: »
    Of course they were told to sling their hook; they're creating the suggestion that Oughterard's decision is fuelled by something it's not. I'm going to assume you understand that.

They are? Well why are the march organisers also saying they oppose racism and welcome all with open arms then? Seems like the placards are merely echoing the organiser’s intent.

They are? Well why are the march organisers also saying they oppose racism and welcome all with open arms then? Seems like the placards are merely echoing the organiser’s intent.

Yes, they literally are.

Their intent has been expressed. Case closed. Anything further, like showing up with placards, is suggesting they're lying.

You know this. Troll elsewhere.

Yes, they literally are.

Their intent has been expressed. Case closed. Anything further, like showing up with placards, is suggesting they're lying.

You know this. Troll elsewhere.

The same logic suggests that the march itself is redundant, given that they’ve already previously expressed their intent. No, it’s not that. And literally the placards are re-iterating the stated intent of the organisers.

https://twitter.com/izzykamikaze/status/1178467507214135296?s=21

The people of Oughterard have made it clear on numerous occasion they do not welcome loonies people from either extreme, left or right.

Only someone with an agenda would state otherwise.

The people of Oughterard have made it clear on numerous occasion they do not welcome loonies people from either extreme, left or right.

Only someone with an agenda would state otherwise.

The two people were told they were welcome to join the protest. Just the placards were the issue.

Alastair, if this thread is anything to go by, your opinions are in a tiny minority.

And Boards.ie would be considered more liberal than general society!

The same logic suggests that the march itself is redundant

No, because the government is still ignoring their wishes, and the government is supposed to serve its' people.

You're not great at this eh.

No, because the government is still ignoring their wishes, and the government is supposed to serve its' people.

You're not great at this eh.

Not the point you made. You said that the ‘intent had been expressed. Case closed’. Last I heard racism was still a reality. So neither issue has been resolved, has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    So you don't want Ireland to be a place of refuge for those fleeing persecution? That's the crux, isn't it? It's a clear yes or no.

Money racket. Full stop. No need for an explanation. Refuge from half way round the world. Come on. It's free **** most are here for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Money racket. Full stop. No need for an explanation. Refuge from half way round the world. Come on. It's free **** most are here for.

What kind of free sh1t?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement