Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

nintendoo wrote: »
    Cuphead is 25% off , 15 quid euro, probably less on sa store

Indeed €12.20 on SA

€7.66 in Argentina... wonder how easy it is to setup an account and buy there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

mrcheez wrote: »
    Indeed €12.20 on SA

€7.66 in Argentina... wonder how easy it is to setup an account and buy there :pac:

Indeed ...

Was going to get Cuphead, but I think it'll just be me wasting days trying to beat bosses. i.e. learn pattern, repeat with harder boss. Maybe I'll wait for it to come down more in price.
    Can you imagine a 2D Mario platform game that looked like Cuphead ?!

Will go for Streets of Rage 4 instead. Those guys developed their own game engine to get that working the same on all platforms. And it's 18 quid on SA store at the moment. Great job! I think we are going to see a lot more retro games being reworked with hand drawn assets and that engine. Golden Axe maybe ?! Actually, was thinking Strider needs a revision ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Indeed ...

Was going to get Cuphead, but I think it'll just be me wasting days trying to beat bosses. i.e. learn pattern, repeat with harder boss. Maybe I'll wait for it to come down more in price.
    Can you imagine a 2D Mario platform game that looked like Cuphead ?!

Will go for Streets of Rage 4 instead. Those guys developed their own game engine to get that working the same on all platforms. And it's 18 quid on SA store at the moment. Great job! I think we are going to see a lot more retro games being reworked with hand drawn assets and that engine. Golden Axe maybe ?! Actually, was thinking Strider needs a revision ... :)

Aw Man - imagine Golden Axe in that engine! With reworked music etc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Invisigun Reloaded is 99c now - supposed to be good - think I have enough coins to get it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Hi just wondering for kids they both have Nintendo switch but want headsets. There both young so was looking at The gioteck Hc-p4 on Argos for 20 euro. You reckon be grand for them? Don't want to spend big as they may break them or is there another pair for guts of 20 euro that are good? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jj880

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Hi just wondering for kids they both have Nintendo switch but want headsets. There both young so was looking at The gioteck Hc-p4 on Argos for 20 euro. You reckon be grand for them? Don't want to spend big as they may break them or is there another pair for guts of 20 euro that are good? Thanks

Absolutely do not buy that headset - terrible quality - i got a gioteck headset for my son. Not exact model but the design looks the same. The mic is a plug in jack that plugs into the earphones. The connection wore out in 2 months from turning it to speak into it. Useless.

What i ended up doing was getting a good pair of inner ear earphones with a mic on the earphone cable (these will have 3 rings on the input jack) and ordering a 3metre extension cable from AliExpress so he can play fortnite in docked mode and talk to his friends. Been running great for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Ryath

Bit dearer but should last a lot longer.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-XB550AP-Extrabass-Headphones-Black/dp/B01MR2HT4M/ref=pd_lpo_107_t_0/259-1095505-3625052?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MT5JFHZ&pd_rd_r=ddd6b96b-c44a-4f58-bd61-5c4e7dd889fc&pd_rd_w=nSCiE&pd_rd_wg=EktVC&pf_rd_p=7b8e3b03-1439-4489-abd4-4a138cf4eca6&pf_rd_r=TTBP53X0GSKJEA2QM4JW&refRID=TTBP53X0GSKJEA2QM4JW&th=1

My 10 year old daughter has been using the next model up zx660s from these 3 years now and they've stood up to a fair bit of abuse. She uses them almost every day with a tablet. Was going suggest them but they've shot up in price I got them for €40. I've used them a few times with the switch and they are pretty decent soundwise. The XB550's look very similar just don't have the single wire.

If you want an option of bluetooth these are very good for the money. Often on offer at £30. They have a aux in so you can use them wired to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I bought two pairs of these for my sisters kids around Halloween time and they're still going strong. Heavy use over christmas and again during this.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XM6DLFP/
    They have been using them for homework and for youtube :/ as well as the switch between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Just got Baba Is You; about 7 quid in the SA eshop ( 25% off ). I think until the end of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭skerry

Just got Baba Is You; about 7 quid in the SA eshop ( 25% off ). I think until the end of tomorrow.

Was tempted myself, might pick it up at that price but I hear it gets pretty hard in later levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

jj880 wrote: »
    Absolutely do not buy that headset - terrible quality - i got a gioteck headset for my son. Not exact model but the design looks the same. The mic is a plug in jack that plugs into the earphones. The connection wore out in 2 months from turning it to speak into it. Useless.

What i ended up doing was getting a good pair of inner ear earphones with a mic on the earphone cable (these will have 3 rings on the input jack) and ordering a 3metre extension cable from AliExpress so he can play fortnite in docked mode and talk to his friends. Been running great for over a year.
    Thanks for that will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,606 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Hamster has a selection of ACA NeoGeo games on sale on the Switch eShop at the moment with 50% off. They are:

ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 2 – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo Power Spikes II – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo The King of Fighters ’94 – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo Zed Blade – €3.49 (was €6.99)

They're on sale until 15th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Metal Slug is bloody great fun bargain price for that

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

For anyone who has bought from on a holiday to the us e shop how has people paid for things on it ?

Gift cards or another card like a revalot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I hate myself for asking this but

Has anyone seen decent prices on Just Dance?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Vasara Collection is 90% off, down to $0.99 on the US store. Some cheap shmup fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

fixXxer wrote: »
    I hate myself for asking this but

Has anyone seen decent prices on Just Dance?

Bought it last Friday from amazon, £29.99. Smyths was €34.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Looking for new joy con controllers? Any deals about?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Don’t put yourself through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sugarman wrote: »
    These look like decent deals on the eShop

ATV Drift & Tricks €1.75
    Syberia 2 €1.49
    Invisigun Reloaded €1.49

Invisigun Reloaded showing as €0.99 here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sugarman wrote: »
    These look like decent deals on the eShop

ATV Drift & Tricks €1.75
    Syberia 2 €1.49
    Invisigun Reloaded €0.99

Cheaper in SA

E.g. Syberia 2 is €0.95

If ya fancy saving fiddy cent ;)

Is Syberia an RPG or a point and click like monkey island style?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

fixXxer wrote: »
    Is Syberia an RPG or a point and click like monkey island style?

Point and click from what I've read.

I got these from aliexpress for 25 euro as an extra set to have for 4 player games and 2 player games that require a pair of joycons per player. They are great.
    H454058d118584bd59bd68d8390557a5c8.jpg

The only difference is they charge via a usb cable but this actually works well as I can charge both sets at same time. 1 set on the switch console and the other set via the usb port on the switch dock.

They are also slightly bigger than official joycons so would be no good for labo. But apart from that I think they are well worth 25 euro.

1 more thing just in case you are replacing because control stick is broken or has joycon drift. there are good repair sets on aliexpress. I got a good set for 8 euro. It came with 2 new sticks. very easy to install.

Here is the set I got:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32908400496.html

there is a 10 minute video that walks you through replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sligeach wrote: »
    Hamster has a selection of ACA NeoGeo games on sale on the Switch eShop at the moment with 50% off. They are:

ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 2 – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo Power Spikes II – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo The King of Fighters ’94 – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    ACA NeoGeo Zed Blade – €3.49 (was €6.99)

They're on sale until 15th May.

Nice one - Picked up Metal Slug & King of Fighters.

Any others worth picking up from the list? I've never played either game, but I know Metal Slug is legendary

Samurai Shodown is a lot of fun, although I do play it with heavy nostalgia glasses. It was very refreshing to play SNK fighting games around that time, when everyone else was trying to be as much street fighter two as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Where's the best place to get a good price physical copy of some AAA games these days? Getting a Switch next week and am interested in:

Breath of the Wild
    Mario Galaxy
    Fire Emblem

Due to size I'd prefer to get them on cartridge rather than download.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I've used Base.com a few times, they're pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,606 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Nice one - Picked up Metal Slug & King of Fighters.

Any others worth picking up from the list? I've never played either game, but I know Metal Slug is legendary

They'd be the 2 games I'd pick and Aero Fighters 2. Samurai Shodown is supposed to be decent too.

I meant to add that there's a few Arcade Archives games on sale as well. Same story with the prices and end of sale date, 15th May.

Ninja-Kid – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    Ninja-Kid II – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    Crazy Climber – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    Double Dragon – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    Moon Cresta – €3.49 (was €6.99)
    Terra Cresta – €3.49 (was €6.99)

Advertisement