Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just over a euro less for all of those on SA store.

Might grab Double Dragon for €2.20

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The AeroFighters games are great fun, totally bananas though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

jj880 wrote: »
    1 more thing just in case you are replacing because control stick is broken or has joycon drift. there are good repair sets on aliexpress. I got a good set for 8 euro. It came with 2 new sticks. very easy to install.

Here is the set I got:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32908400496.html

there is a 10 minute video that walks you through replacing.

Thanks
    The left one has drift and when you push down in the thumb stick it moves an extra click

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Shoulder button on one of my Joycons is borked, any repair kits for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

That was a ninja edit and a half! Was in midst of hilarious* reply about your bored shoulder button.

*or not

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jj880

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

You can get the buttons and/or button ribbons for a couple euro each on AliExpress. Might need a bit of investigation first. is it just the plastic shoulder button or if when you remove the button is the ribbon not responding when you press on it? I would youtube it to see what you need to buy - if you need to replace a ribbon i think itd be no harm getting the control stick set that includes the tools - im expecting to need to replace 1 stick a year. They dont seem to last very long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

No bargains here !

Put your joycons in a box called "break in case of emergency." or "fragile, handle with care" :)

Get good first, 2nd, 3rd party pro controllers ...!

nintendoo wrote: »
    No bargains here !

Put your joycons in a box called "break in case of emergency." or "fragile, handle with care" :)

Get good first, 2nd, 3rd party pro controllers ...!

So dont bother repairing your joycons just buy pro controllers

Thanks for posting that bargain

So dont bother repairing your joycons just buy pro controllers

Thanks for posting that bargain

Sorry, didn't mean it that way. You are right. If you can repair then that's a great option. I just posted cause i was sick of joycon issues

Sorry, didn't mean it that way. You are right. If you can repair then that's a great option. I just posted cause i was sick of joycon issues

I read your post wrong in that case.

I suppose it would be a good idea to get a pro controller for yourself and save your joycons for when you have a few friends over or you want to play the switch handheld. Would probably save you money in the long run.

• Advertisement

had a look for some pro controllers. I'm really tempted by these.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32850861099.html

2 controllers for 28.20 euro including delivery.

HTB1Ik9Co8TH8KJjy0Fiq6ARsXXak.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's my current controller (for about a month now). They're good! Decent rumble too.

I paid about the same price on Amazon for one of them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DDB6B4K/

Hmm looks like you can play Majora's Mask on the switch with that controller!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mr E wrote: »
    That's my current controller (for about a month now). They're good! Decent rumble too.

Would the D pad be any good for 2D fighting games?

fixXxer wrote: »

Also for platform games ... ????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

fixXxer wrote: »

Considering a lot of Switch pro controllers have rubbish d-pad's it can't be worse. Unless you do the sticky tape fix. My advice would be to get an 8Bitdo controller for 2D fighters.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmm looks like you can play Majora's Mask on the switch with that controller!

:pac: Wow, that's a great pack-in game to get with a controller!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ERG89 wrote: »
    Considering a lot of Switch pro controllers have rubbish d-pad's it can't be worse. Unless you do the sticky tape fix. My advice would be to get an 8Bitdo controller for 2D fighters.

If you don't mind wired the Venom arcade stick isn't bad for 2D fighters, works on PS4, PC and Xbox One too. PS4 and Xbox support is a little awkward though as you have to connect a controller to the stick to work.

You could always get a RetroBit Saturn pad for fighters either. The Saturn pad is probably the best pad ever made for 2D fighters.

Mr E wrote: »

Good to know

Think I can wait for AliExpress delivery if it means I get 2 of them at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Good to know

Think I can wait for AliExpress delivery if it means I get 2 of them at that price.

I also have the same ones - got them back in 2018 from AliExpress and they are still going strong (although some superglue was required after one was dropped)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sugarman wrote: »
    These look like decent deals on the eShop

ATV Drift & Tricks €1.75
    Syberia 2 €1.49
    Invisigun Reloaded €0.99

Really annoyed with myself that I missed that. I had planned to buy it, but put it off. :mad:
    Lonely Mountains: Downhill looks like a lovely game, not sure how repetitive though, has anyone played it?

EDIT - Just realised it was only released two days ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,938 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/animal-crossing-digital-download-for-nintendo-switch-3185-using-code-3318-using-paypal-at-gamivo-3460079

Just under £32 for a digital copy. Bought my version of Animal Crossing from here and a few other games over the years and never had an issue.

Suckit wrote: »
    Really annoyed with myself that I missed that. I had planned to buy it, but put it off.

I got it at 1.75 but theres no multiplayer (local or online) like the ps4 version. I played it for maybe 1 hour and haven't played it since.

These look like decent deals on the eShop

ATV Drift & Tricks €1.75
    Syberia 2 €1.49
    Invisigun Reloaded €0.99

Invisigun Reloaded is a great game. Im hooked on it. The multiplayer is excellent. The soundtrack is 1 of the best ive heard. So much game for 0.99 and its still that price I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭skerry

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/animal-crossing-digital-download-for-nintendo-switch-3185-using-code-3318-using-paypal-at-gamivo-3460079

Just under £32 for a digital copy. Bought my version of Animal Crossing from here and a few other games over the years and never had an issue.

Put this in my basket but chickened out in the end. Don't think it would be my type of game but I'm getting the FOMO reading everyone's posts on here about it. I must be one of the few on here not playing it. Might keep an eye out for a decent hardcopy price incase I don't dig it.

skerry wrote: »
    Put this in my basket but chickened out in the end. Don't think it would be my type of game but I'm getting the FOMO reading everyone's posts on here about it. I must be one of the few on here not playing it. Might keep an eye out for a decent hardcopy price incase I don't dig it.

I just looked this up. Im not getting the hype. You build a life on an island? Is that it or is there some kind of great multiplayer?

Genuinely asking in case Im missing out on a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I just looked this up. Im not getting the hype. You build a life on an island? Is that it or is there some kind of great multiplayer?

Genuinely asking in case Im missing out on a good game.

it's a cartooney version of The Sims from what I understand...except less task based and more about endless collecting to spruce up house or whatever. Personally I'd avoid it as I prefer more story based games with defined goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭skerry

Is there any easy way to find out what games on the Japanese eShop have English language options?

The likes of Ni No Kuni are down to ~€13 and Death Mark down to ~€8.50.

Very good bargains if they come in English, but I cant find out if either do.

Nearly sure someone on here picked up Ni No Kuni there a while back and there was no English translation.

• Advertisement

I was foolish enough to buy both Ni No Kuni and Professor Layton in the sale... neither of which come with and english language option, despite both, as far as I know, have that option in their EU releases.
    But, then they were not expensive at all, so not such a waste

Advertisement