Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Managed to snag a Nintendo Switch Neon Red/Blue with Improved Battery Life early this morning. Should be here within a few days. Buzzing :D

Nothing beats that new console feeling :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Managed to snag a Nintendo Switch Neon Red/Blue with Improved Battery Life early this morning. Should be here within a few days. Buzzing :D

Nothing beats that new console feeling :cool:

Where did you find success?

Where did you find success?

https://www.thegamecollection.net/

If it wasn't for my 2 early bird friends keeping an eye out, and my golden retriever waking me up to go toilet, I would have missed it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Thinking of getting either Witcher or divinity original sin 2 on current sale. I'm looking for a good single player game to get into. I have played a bit of the Witcher on PS4 but that was 2 years ago. Think I made it to Skellig but don't remember much of it. Switch will be my only gaming platform for next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

For those looking for a regular Switch, it looks like it's possible to pre-order the Grey Switch with improved battery life from Smyths. It says stock is expected in April too. This isn't possible for the Neon version.

Here's a link: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/...-life/p/182023

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting either Witcher or divinity original sin 2 on current sale. I'm looking for a good single player game to get into. I have played a bit of the Witcher on PS4 but that was 2 years ago. Think I made it to Skellig but don't remember much of it. Switch will be my only gaming platform for next few months.

Both great games but very different. Divinity combat is turn based and works off action points. It doesn't hold your hand and there's a bit to get to grips with in terms of builds etc. but very satisfying once you get in to it. I have it on Xbox and I'm about 20 hours in and it's the type of game I need a good session with to feel like I'm making a bit of progress. Decent price at the moment and I think it's about 27 in South Africa store. Was tempted to get it on Switch myself

tbahh wrote: »
    For those looking for a regular Switch, it looks like it's possible to pre-order the Grey Switch with improved battery life from Smyths. It says stock is expected in April too. This isn't possible for the Neon version.

UK Smyths says:
    Out of Stock. Expected in stock: 10 Apr to 17 Apr

So I'd imagine pre-orders are for then?

Gamestop should have switches available from the 8th. (Probably won't last long)

Tesco Ardkeen had Turquoise Switch Lites in stock this evening if any use to anyone.

Apart from that. I find this very useful: https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/

If it wasn't for my 2 early bird friends keeping an eye out, and my golden retriever waking me up to go toilet, I would have missed it :P

Lucky fecker, didn't even know they did console thought they just did games
    tbahh wrote: »

I've the Neon on pre order since last Friday week, expected date back then was 03-10 Apr and I haven't heard a thing since except on FB telling me they're committed to fulfilling all orders

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Suckit wrote: »
    Russia has Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle down to €6.63

Assassin's Creed III Remastered is €10.77 in South Africa
    Sports Party is €5.82 in South Africa
    Runner3 is €0.58 in South Africa
    Don't Starve €3.82 South Africa
    Rogue Legacy €1.73 South Africa

I picked up Rogue Legacy, Bastion and a couple of others, I probably spent €12 and got about six games

I've just tried to use my revolut to buy on SA eshop but it said I couldn't use that card. How do people do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I've just tried to use my revolut to buy on SA eshop but it said I couldn't use that card. How do people do it?

Did you try a virtual card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Got sorted with getting a few things off the US eshop thanks lads . .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Did you use an account that says you live in SA?
    If you are changing your own account to say that, make sure you have no credit left in the store or you will lose it.

Might be a switch here. Or not..
    https://www.offeroftheday.co.uk/home-entertainment/consoles/nintendo-switch/sale

Turqoise Switch Lite is €222.62 delivered from here
    https://www.tuimeilibre.com/nintendo-switch-lite-azul-turquesa.html

Did you try a virtual card?

Ye I tried that but got the same error. I did this through the switch. Also tried on mobile browser and it would not give me the purchase option on the Witcher but it would on all other games. Very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lucky fecker, didn't even know they did console thought they just did games

I've the Neon on pre order since last Friday week, expected date back then was 03-10 Apr and I haven't heard a thing since except on FB telling me they're committed to fulfilling all orders

Do you have to pay upfront for a pre-order with Smyth's?

Do you have to pay upfront for a pre-order with Smyth's?

Nope, probably only when shipped

Suckit wrote: »
    Did you use an account that says you live in SA?
    If you are changing your own account to say that, make sure you have no credit left in the store or you will lose it.

Might be a switch here. Or not..
    https://www.offeroftheday.co.uk/home-entertainment/consoles/nintendo-switch/sale

Turqoise Switch Lite is €222.62 delivered from here
    https://www.tuimeilibre.com/nintendo-switch-lite-azul-turquesa.html

Yes I am using an account that the region is set to South Africa. Have tried it on a browser with a VPN. Still the same issue. Must be doing something wrong though because it is working for others on here I think

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Yes I am using an account that the region is set to South Africa. Have tried it on a browser with a VPN. Still the same issue. Must be doing something wrong though because it is working for others on here I think

Any pop up from revoult or any indication there was an attempt to take the money?

Had same myself before and it was expiry was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Strange, I am able to use my Revolut directly.

It comes up as a "German" card on the Switch account.

Never had issues with Revolut and VPN isn't needed. Presume your trying to buy on the console itself? Mate bought from South Africa store using Irish debit card the other day so maybe try that to see if its the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

286518.jpg?b64lines=IFRIRVJFJ1MgVkVSWSBMSVRUTEUgYmFyZ2FpbiBpbiAKdGhpcyBiYXJnYWluIHRocmVhZCA=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

@ DeSelby83 I use my Irish card (Ulster Bank Visa Direct Debit) on the SA store with no issues. I don't use VPN either

@keane2097 - Yeah, true enough, but it's good to be able to help others looking for a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Au contraire, the ZA shop is absolutely teaming with bargains right now, but not if your card isn't accepted. So it's all highly relevant. But I guess if you have no interest in Lego City Undercover, When Ski Lifts Go Wrong, Mario vs Rabbids, The Escapists 1 or 2, Goat Simulator GOATY, Golf Story, Cat Quest 1 and 2, Metro Redux, Metro Last Light, Rayman Legends, GRIS, R Type Dimensions, Castlevania Collection, Contra Collection, MegaDrive Collection, The Messenger, Katana Zero, Hotline Miami collection, Valfaris, Slain (via the Horror collection), Lego Incredibles, NBA 2K20, BroForce, Thumper, Gato Roboto, Flinthook, Mercenary Kings, Va-11 Hall-A, The Touryst, SNK Collection, the Sega Ages remakes, Ape Out, the Wonderboy remasters, Fast RMX, Dragonball FighterZ, Bastion, Olli Olli, Darksiders, Stranger Things, Dynasty Warrios 8, Don't Starve, The Witcher 3, Alien Isolation, Diablo III, Assassin's Creed or Super Bomberman R I guess it's a pretty fallow period.

What game are you waiting for? I'll keep an eye out.

@DeSelby - the SA store is a European Nintendo store so should take any card that works on the irish, UK, norwegian or russian stores. It's usually not fussy. Visa Credit and Debit cards are definitely fine - maybe check the Revolut card, see where it's saying it's from? I'm guessing the Euro shop would be as hostile to a US card as the US shop is to a Euro card, for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Banjo wrote: »
    Au contraire, the ZA shop is absolutely teaming with bargains right now, but not if your card isn't accepted. So it's all highly relevant. But I guess if you have no interest in Lego City Undercover, When Ski Lifts Go Wrong, Mario vs Rabbids, The Escapists 1 or 2, Goat Simulator GOATY, Golf Story, Cat Quest 1 and 2, Metro Redux, Metro Last Light, Rayman Legends, GRIS, R Type Dimensions, Castlevania Collection, Contra Collection, MegaDrive Collection, The Messenger, Katana Zero, Hotline Miami collection, Valfaris, Slain (via the Horror collection), Lego Incredibles, NBA 2K20, BroForce, Thumper, Gato Roboto, Flinthook, Mercenary Kings, Va-11 Hall-A, The Touryst, SNK Collection, the Sega Ages remakes, Ape Out, the Wonderboy remasters, Fast RMX, Dragonball FighterZ, Bastion, Olli Olli, Darksiders, Stranger Things, Dynasty Warrios 8, Don't Starve, The Witcher 3, Alien Isolation, Diablo III, Assassin's Creed or Super Bomberman R I guess it's a pretty fallow period.

What game are you waiting for? I'll keep an eye out.

When Ski Lifts Go Wrong - Thanks for this list of games on offer, this one immediately stood out for me haha. Only €1.49 at the moment with 90% off and according to the eShop today is the last day for it to be at that price. Looks like good fun. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The issue I had before with the SA store was that it would not accept my Revolut Visa card but would accept my Revolut MasterCard which seems bizarre as they are tied to the same account...

Not sure if posted already but link below from Eshop-prices site for games currently on sale. It says 1213 games on sale so a lot of thrash there that isn't anything to do with current sale but filter by 'popularity - descending' and a lot of the best discounts from the current sale are there in the first few pages along with the cheapest region. South Africa will be in the top 3 for most.

https://eshop-prices.com/games/on-sale?sort_by=popularity&direction=desc

Edit: Noticed that a few listings don't include all the regions they are on sale in. e.g. Witcher 3 and Trine Collection don't list South Africa as a region they are on sale in when in fact they are. Always worth checking the store on the console to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Is the Mexico Store a no-go? Two Point Hospital is only €12.32 there compared to next cheapest South Africa's €25.91!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mexico is a real pain to set up, as is Argentina and the rest of south america. You can't buy credit (unlike the US and Canadian stores) and you need to have a card that's seen as a US or Mexico-based payment method. Success has been extremely limited on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭chonix

Banjo wrote: »
    Mexico is a real pain to set up, as is Argentina and the rest of south america. You can't buy credit (unlike the US and Canadian stores) and you need to have a card that's seen as a US or Mexico-based payment method. Success has been extremely limited on that front.
    Not really. I found out that the Argentinian store is way worse than the Mexican one (and, funny thing is: I've tried to set up an account there with a friend who is Argentinian, and couldn't even buy the game despite having an argentinian nintendo account tied to an argentitian card, lol).

--- now you see it....---
    --- and now you don't ---

let me know if that works...

• Advertisement

Advertisement