Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

Ah balls was waiting until payday tomorrow.

GameStop still have it for €89.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sugarman wrote: »
    :eek:

Could you be absoutely bothered for €7!!! I bet they peel their oranges in their pockets.

Its more the principle of people doing it for such a measly profit, so when people are now selling the Switch (which is in demand) for an actual profit I'm not exactly surprised. I'm sure plenty looking for ones now are people looking to sell it on, especially seeing stories like this:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-08-as-nintendo-switch-sells-out-worldwide-resellers-list-it-for-double

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I got very lucky making an offer of €330 for a 2019 model only thing I will possibly sell from it is the dock as I have the dock from the console I broke last weekend. There are some selling the animal crossing console for serious gouging on adverts some selling the Tetris 99 and the Argos carry case I posted about up on here for serious gouging too. I used to be the grand high gouging guy but that was in a galaxy far far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sonic mania is 6 euro in Russia. Nearest euro-block is ZA where it's €9.
    The dlc is 2.50 in Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Just ordered that Switch Lite from Smyths. Is the hand grip really necessary or ok without? Any other 'essential' accessories?

Also, I see a few people here buying form nintendo store ZA. Is the price difference that noticeable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Just ordered that Switch Lite from Smyths. Is the hand grip really necessary or ok without? Any other 'essential' accessories?

Also, I see a few people here buying form nintendo store ZA. Is the price difference that noticeable?
    I've been using it without a grip since Christmas. Never thought to get one. Would probably be more comfortable but you can definitely survive without it. I'd say hold off unless you really want to splash out now, or have massive hands.

I just made my first SA purchase yesterday. There's a half dozen games I'm interested in that are on sale at the moment. Price differences range from €1-2 up to €5-6. Picked up Metro 2033 for €12.70 instead of €17.49. I'll probably buy through the Irish site for the games that are within a couple of euro price-wise. https://eshop-prices.com will let you compare prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Nah not necessary unless you've got big hands or getting cramps because of that

Other essential accessories would be a good carry case.

YES!
    Especially new release first party stuff, it's often 40-45 vs 60.

There are some weird exceptions, and things like The Witcher which isn't even on the virtual shelves in ZA. But that's what your Russian, Norwegian, US, Japanese and Mexican accounts are for :D

On top of the link Xckjoo posted, you can use https://www.dekudeals.com/hottest?sort=discount to sort games by discount and create wishlists. His link works much better for price comparison in my opinion - very easy to look at which eShop has the best deal, but if you're set on a single market the Dekudeals site is very well organised for browsing.

BTW - The Witcher is only £37 / €42.18 on Amazon right now, which isn't bad. It's €32ish digital in Norway, but I imagine it's a feckin' huge download.

Two point hospital 330 pesos from South of the border

Damn that's enough left to buy a sombrero

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

xckjoo wrote: »
    I've been using it without a grip since Christmas. Never thought to get one. Would probably be more comfortable but you can definitely survive without it. I'd say hold off unless you really want to splash out now, or have massive hands.

I just made my first SA purchase yesterday. There's a half dozen games I'm interested in that are on sale at the moment. Price differences range from €1-2 up to €5-6. Picked up Metro 2033 for €12.70 instead of €17.49. I'll probably buy through the Irish site for the games that are within a couple of euro price-wise. https://eshop-prices.com will let you compare prices.

That site is great thanks! Just need to scroll back through this thread now to figure out how to set up an account for all these stores. Can't wait to play some of these games - love my 3ds but so many great indie games getting Switch releases.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That site is great thanks! Just need to scroll back through this thread now to figure out how to set up an account for all these stores. Can't wait to play some of these games - love my 3ds but so many great indie games getting Switch releases.

Also keep an eye on cdkeys.com for bargains - I got Animal Crossing for €45 a week ago compared to the €60 it costs on the e-shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭newbie18892

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Also keep an eye on cdkeys.com for bargains - I got Animal Crossing for €45 a week ago compared to the €60 it costs on the e-shop.

Noticed that animal crossing is cheaper there. Waiting for my switch lite to be delivered. Have zero experience with buying games as downloads. Only ever bought physical games. Is there any more hassle buying from websites like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Noticed that animal crossing is cheaper there. Waiting for my switch lite to be delivered. Have zero experience with buying games as downloads. Only ever bought physical games. Is there any more hassle buying from websites like that?

Not really. You get a code and enter it on your account page on the eShop and download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You are better off setting you location to South Africa on the Switch. Animal Crossing is €46 on the official store. So no risk or waiting for codes etc.

While we're waiting for the sale to expand, has everyone claimed the Gold Points off their physical games to use for additional discounts?

Also, Tales of Vesperia is under 20 quid. Which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You are better off setting you location to South Africa on the Switch. Animal Crossing is €46 on the official store. So no risk or waiting for codes etc.

You get the code instantly. I've used cdkeys a lot and never had an issue with them being slow to deliver codes or codes that don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Banjo wrote: »
    While we're waiting for the sale to expand, has everyone claimed the Gold Points off their physical games to use for additional discounts?

Also, Tales of Vesperia is under 20 quid. Which is nice.

No!!

How do you do that?

Home menu
    insert cart
    highlight game
    click +
    My Nintendo Rewards Program

Cart rewards are significantly lower than digital. But significantly higher than **** all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Put the cartridge in your switch, highlight it from the Switch screen (with the thumbstick) and press the + button. There is an option there to claim your points.

Edit: Snap. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone have an idea as to what time the new content is to be added to the sale? I've me beady eye on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

• Advertisement

Usually after 2 or 3. The new release listings for the week and updated sales listings usually surface between 2:30 and 3.

Keep an eye on Nintendo everything in the next hour it should have the listing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Banjo wrote: »
    Home menu
    insert cart
    highlight game
    click +
    My Nintendo Rewards Program

Cart rewards are significantly lower than digital. But significantly higher than **** all :D
    I don't think I have done that for a single games, that'll while away a few minutes this evening ...

I think there's a time limit on redemption, so prepare for tears. 2 or 3 years from release date I think.

Should get 60 points per eligible full price game.
    That's €0.60. It adds up if you have a lot of physical games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea as to what time the new content is to be added to the sale? I've me beady eye on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Reduced to €40 on Irish eShop or €35 in Norway!!

https://www.dekudeals.com/games?filter[publisher]=Nintendo&sort=discount

50% 0ff sushi strikers
    33% off astral chain, DK TF, Kirby,
    30% off Captain Toad, Breath of the Wild, snipper clips, Stretchers,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Reduced to €40 on Irish eShop or €35 in Norway!!

€31.20 in South Africa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭skerry

Mr E wrote: »
    Should get 60 points per eligible full price game.
    That's €0.60. It adds up if you have a lot of physical games.

My tactic is that if I see a game that's too expensive, I buy several more games to build up some gold points and make the price of the expensive game more palatable once I redeem said points. I've ran this strategy past Eddie Hobbs and he says its sound so that's good enough for me :D

Advertisement