Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest Paddy Jackson playing at the weekend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

She was extremely comfortable with it but regretted it the next day. Her fault, no sympathy for her whatsoever.

God you're very certain of what a person you've never met was thinking. That kind of hubris is nearly impressive, in a way.

Sebelons wrote: »
    El Duderino was never able to compete in terms of masculinity in his adolescence, girls weren't interested in him and he ranked low on the totem pole amongst his Male peers. He was likely not very good at sports, the domain where masculinity thrives. This was a very painful experience for El Duderino. As a coping mechanism he came to disdain masculinity, a better alternative than accepting himself as not good enough.

As a result El Duderino aligned himself with many feminist causes as an outlet to attack masculinity, you can sense the seething rage in him just below the surface. He seeks out any opportunity to have a dig at anyone who has a whiff of masculinity. But it never works, he still deep down feels inadequate, like something is missing. The solution is not insulting others, the solution is revisiting those old wounds from his adolescence and processing them emotionally, accepting them, and finally accepting himself. He'll find he no longer sees masculinity as some form of threat which must be attacked.

El Duderino may come across as rude, for example by making demands rather asking politely, this is just his attempt at asserting dominance, he does this in an attempt to ease his feelings of inadequacy. Try not to hold it against him.
    You rereged just to post this again. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

She is Kildare South candidate in next General Election. Social Democrats. Also does stand up comedy.

I literally cannot imagine a worse combination of interests for a person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

It’s very simple. Paddy Jackson was once a suspect and a defendant in an alleged rape case.

He and his codefendants were found not guilty after a lengthy trial in which the prosecution and defense got ample opportunity to state their case.

After all that evidence was thoroughly scrutinized the prosecution case was found to be lacking to prove guilt beyond all reasonable doubt by an impartial jury.

As a result Paddy Jackson and his codefendants were acquitted and left court as innocent men.

Ever since I have heard activists, advocates and whatever they want to call themselves call for changes to the laws governing the conduct of criminal trials and the rules of evidence.

The more extreme ones actually calling for changes that equate pretty much with guilty because she said so.

Raping someone is a very serious crime, just a step below murder if you ask me.

As a consequence a trial deciding guilt or innocence in such matters should be a very serious affair in which not one scintilla of evidence may be beyond scrutiny.

If one can’t live with the concept of a fair trial and it’s outcome I humbly suggest that one packs their bags and moves to Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Zimbabwe, China or Syria or the like where they’re far less bothered with the frivolities of Justice.

Well said.

Look all they want is convictions, things like a fair trial or innocent until proven guilty are nothing but an inconvenience to them, and the media backs up these fanatics, that's the worst part.

I'll never forget the bile on the radio after the not guilty verdicts last year. Newstalk was literally devastated by the verdict, it was like a death in the family, they wanted a guilty verdict and when they didn't get it they decided to paint the lads as guilty anyway.

All the sympathy and support went to the complainant, but worst of all they were peddling the line "not guilty does not mean innocent".....so essentially either the courts find you guilty or the media will.

It flies completely in the face of innocent until proven guilty and I honestly don't think people realise how dangerous this way of thinking is. They'll only realise when their own brother or son ends up in jail someday after a short swift kangaroo court appearance.

It seems like the match went well for munster. Lots of young lads got senior debuts and first team experience. One injury late on was the only downside.

The people who enjoy being outraged by the Jackson verdict and the ones who enjoy being outraged by the fact that PJ was dropped by the IRFU, can both wait til the next time to get their knickers in a twist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭cms88

He was found not guilty

But according to the socil media legal experts that's not the same as being innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

cms88 wrote: »
    But according to the socil media legal experts that's not the same as being innocent

It isn't really. Scots law has a distinction between the two. Irish law does not, so nobody is ever found to be innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Any idea how those plebbs protesting got on yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

More importantly how did Paddy play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

God you're very certain of what a person you've never met was thinking. That kind of hubris is nearly impressive, in a way.

Oh the irony, you are here judging Paddy Jackson, whom you have never met and has been deemed innocent by a jury of his peers. I am basing my opinion of the woman on direct witness statements of her actions. And I don't care about the Whatsapp messages, women and men are equal, we live in a free society where we can freely say whatever we like. If a woman is so offended by another persons words, then perhaps she is not as strong as her gender studies "professor" tells her.

• Advertisement

Oh the irony, you are here judging Paddy Jackson, whom you have never met and has been deemed innocent by a jury of his peers.

Just as a matter of interest, how have I judged Jackson and what have I concluded?

It’s very simple. Paddy Jackson was once a suspect and a defendant in an alleged rape case.

He and his codefendants were found not guilty after a lengthy trial in which the prosecution and defense got ample opportunity to state their case.

After all that evidence was thoroughly scrutinized the prosecution case was found to be lacking to prove guilt beyond all reasonable doubt by an impartial jury.

As a result Paddy Jackson and his codefendants were acquitted and left court as innocent men.

Ever since I have heard activists, advocates and whatever they want to call themselves call for changes to the laws governing the conduct of criminal trials and the rules of evidence.

The more extreme ones actually calling for changes that equate pretty much with guilty because she said so.

Raping someone is a very serious crime, just a step below murder if you ask me.

As a consequence a trial deciding guilt or innocence in such matters should be a very serious affair in which not one scintilla of evidence may be beyond scrutiny.

If one can’t live with the concept of a fair trial and it’s outcome I humbly suggest that one packs their bags and moves to Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Zimbabwe, China or Syria or the like where they’re far less bothered with the frivolities of Justice.

That's all true. Some people called for unreasonable changes to law. I also spoke to a Garda who said "if she didn't want his c@ck in her mouth, she should have bitten it off". So there were unreasonable opinions on both sides of the scale.

Rape is definitely serious but there are different types of rape and sexual assault. There's chasing someone down an ally and raping them but that's not the only kind of rape. Consent is an important concept and is worth discussion.

It's actually incredible how narrow and shallow the discussion around consent is. I've seen loads of posters mock the idea of discussing consent and I think it's actually pretty good evidence that people generally don't know where to start or how to discuss consent.

So PJ didn't chase anyone down an ally and rape them. But he was involved in causing suffering. If the woman was better Informed on the nature of consent then she could have said she wasn't comfortable with what was happening and the lads could have stopped - problem solved. Likewise if the lads were more informed they could have asked explicit if she was comparable with what was happened and they could all have had a great ride - problem solved.

I see this whole thing as a misunderstanding of consent and a lot of pain resulted for everyone involved.

heres the thing, i dont see any real contradiction in thinking *both* of these posts are correct

its the extremists claiming utter certainty either side that would worry you

heres the thing, i dont see any real contradiction in thinking *both* of these posts are correct

its the extremists claiming utter certainty either side that would worry you

I'd agree. The certainty expressed is laughable. Pity it's such a serious topic.

Exhibit A about the woman in the PJ case:
    "She was extremely comfortable with it but regretted it the next day. Her fault, no sympathy for her whatsoever".

That kind of certainty can only be achieved if you don't care about the truth of what actually happened. Just pick a conclusion and back it up with certainty.

I wasn't there and even the ones who were there have different recollections. I don't have any reasonable grounds for certainty so I don't claim to know what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

You're welcome at munster any time Paddy. #IBelieveHim

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Just as a matter of interest, how have I judged Jackson and what have I concluded?

Oh please :rolleyes:

SJW Lover wrote: »
    Oh please :rolleyes:

Tell us what you think, if you can remember.

The defendant was not found guilty. What happend to innocent until proven guilty? Sick of hearing these witch-hunt women with nothing better to be doing with there lives go protest, completely pointless I'm fair worried for them, they should just stay at home with their cats.
    #IBelieveHim #RegretDoesNotEqualRape #ToxicFeminism #Scam

Tell us what you think, if you can remember.

If i can remember? You're a patronising little man aren't you :)

JMMCapital wrote: »
    The defendant was not found guilty. What happend to innocent until proven guilty? Sick of hearing these witch-hunt women with nothing better to be doing with there lives go protest, completely pointless I'm fair worried for them, they should just stay at home with their cats.

Exactly.

Can't remember then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I'm almost sure at this stage that El Dude is female, its the only possible explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

JMMCapital wrote: »

While that may have once been an apt suggestion, unfortunately it no longer is as so many young women today (who generally don't own too many cats) now have these same views. It was a young woman that was holding the Men R Trash are poster at the initial protest for example.

mrt.jpg

Can't remember then?

What are you talking about?

I'm almost sure at this stage that El Dude is female, its the only possible explanation

Since you asserted that I've judged PJ, will you tell us what I have judged him to be? What was my conclusion?

I'm asking because I haven't judged him. I'm just waiting to see how you'll avoid saying how I've judged him in lieu of having the decency to admit you've assumed incorrectly.

While that may have once been an apt suggestion, unfortunately it no longer is as so many young women today (who generally don't own too many cats) now have these same views. It was a young woman that was holding the Men R Trash are poster at the initial protest for example.

mrt.jpg

Men don't jump to conclusions as quick as women tho and they're not negative feminist witches

What are you talking about?

You did roley eyes instead of saying what you thought. I asked you to say what you thought. You haven't

You did roley eyes instead of saying what you thought. I asked you to say what you thought. You haven't

I "did roley eyes" because you were talking rubbish. Which you have been throughout this thread. Now, what's this "if you can remember" condescending lark?

I'm asking because I haven't judged him.

Yes, you have. You've inferred something beyond a not guilty verdict. Not guilty is not guilty. The presumption of innocence maintained. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dickangel

Yes, you have. You've inferred something beyond a not guilty verdict. Not guilty is not guilty. The presumption of innocence maintained. End of story.

El Duderino once tried to dismiss his friend raping his girlfriend while she was asleep as "confusion around consent." So I'd take anything he says on this topic with several grains of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You've concluded that Jackson "never meant to rape" the girl and that he now "wishes he knew about consent beforehand":
    It shows the need for discussion about what consent is and what rape is. I imagine Jackson never meant to rape anyone and the court found him not guilty of rape. But I’d bet he never meant to hurt anyone either and it’s clear that the woman was hurt. I’d bet Jackson wishes he knew more about consent beforehand. It would have saved him a whole lot of agro, money, career, and he wouldn’t have hurt anyone else or diminished himself.

Advertisement