Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest Paddy Jackson playing at the weekend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,095 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Absolutely and protesting a non-rapist is very distasteful and sets a bad example to children, the IRFU should take a very strong stance against people who protest other people for not being rapists.

Why is that something the IRFU should make a stand on? The rights and wrongs of protesting is not really a rugby issue, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Why is that something the IRFU should make a stand on? The rights and wrongs of protesting is not really a rugby issue, is it?

They revoked Paddy Jackson's contract because he made distasteful comments, so I think for consistency sake they should at least hold a peaceful protest against a distasteful protest.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The person organising the protest Linda Hayden is running for the Social Democrats next election

She also tried to get Paddy Whiskey to remove their sponsorship from London Irish

Jesus I hope this is not true, if that's the case then she's lower than vermin.

Using a rape trial and organising a distasteful protest to self promote knowing there will be an election within the year.

And this animal had the nerve to use the term “higher moral compass” on the radio this morning, incredible!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Jesus I hope this is not true, if that's the case then she's lower than vermin.

Using a rape trial and organising a distasteful protest to self promote knowing there will be an election within the year.

And this animal had the nerve to use the term “higher moral compass” on the radio this morning, incredible!!

Tell us what you really think. Don't hold back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

One thing find interesting is.

People give out sh!t about Jackson's WhatsApp messages, and the examples they tend it give weren't messages from Jackson or Olding but Gilroy and he was retained by the IRFU.

A few guards i know said if it happened in the republic it never would have got to court not enough evidence and the witness statement too

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Tell us what you really think. Don't hold back now.

Listen I take a very dim view of someone who uses a rape trial for self promotion and then incredibly goes on to talk about morals, there's no credibility there whatsoever.

That is of couse IF she is running for election, I don't know for sure that she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Personally, I would welcome any public representative who is willing to take a stand against toxic masculinity.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It’s amazing that people think Jackson and Olding were sacked because of WhatsApp messages.

They revoked Paddy Jackson's contract because he made distasteful comments, so I think for consistency sake they should at least hold a peaceful protest against a distasteful protest.

Consistency? I really don’t think you know what the IRFU is if you think they’re into protesting. Lol.

I’m actually a rugby fan and I completely support the IRFU in its decision in spite of the fact that I’d like to have PJ competing for Ireland. It’s finished and far as the IRFU is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Faugheen wrote: »
    It’s amazing that people think Jackson and Olding were sacked because of WhatsApp messages.

It played a big part.

• Advertisement

Achebe wrote: »
    Personally, I would welcome any public representative who is willing to take a stand against toxic masculinity.

lol. Against toxic masculinity or against people who dislike toxic masculinity?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

It played a big part.

But it wasn’t solely about the WhatsApp messages as some like to claim here.

Haha 'toxic masculinity', straight out of the sjw starter handbook chapter 1 titled 'the final solution to the male question'.

As a matter of interest what about toxic femininity? Would you like to see a stand taken against that?

Ps, personally I don't believe in either toxic masculinity or toxic femininity, they're terms made up by fanatics, nothing more.

But it wasn’t solely about the WhatsApp messages as some like to claim here.

In fairness it was nothing to do with the messages, that was just their excuse to sack people who were found not guilty of all charges.

They knew that if they didn't sack them there would be media led public outrage and they would have succummed to it in the end anyway.

Basically they thought it best to fold early and used the messages as their excuse.

Consistency? I really don’t think you know what the IRFU is if you think they’re into protesting. Lol.

I’m actually a rugby fan and I completely support the IRFU in its decision in spite of the fact that I’d like to have PJ competing for Ireland. It’s finished and far as the IRFU is concerned.

Well they seem to be into sacking people innocent of rape, that's not great in fairness.

Look I just think it would be nice to see them showing their opposition to a distasteful protest, you think otherwise, that's ok, we're individuals.

Don't feed the troll, and it will wither away.

Haha ah sure I was just filling a gap meself Bert, but I have a bit to do now so that's me for a few hours at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I wonder how many of those protesters have ever been in a church for a wedding or funeral? The church are the single biggest rapists in our history. It's a bit hypocritical if they do instead of protesting outside.

I wonder how many of those protesters have ever been in a church for a wedding or funeral? The church are the single biggest rapists in our history. It's a bit hypocritical if they do instead of protesting outside.

Ah that wouldn't win you many votes, especially with the older folk, it's better to piggyback on a rape trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

In fairness it was nothing to do with the messages, that was just their excuse to sack people who were found not guilty of all charges.

They knew that if they didn't sack them there would be media led public outrage and they would have succummed to it in the end anyway.

Basically they thought it best to fold early and used the messages as their excuse.
    Not really sure what your argument here is except that the IRFU were wrong.
    They chose to view all of it as conduct unbecoming and they held the contracts so their call. You clearly have your own version of outrage about that.

Well they seem to be into sacking people innocent of rape, that's not great in fairness.

Look I just think it would be nice to see them showing their opposition to a distasteful protest, you think otherwise, that's ok, we're individuals.

Yeah fair enough. I think otherwise because I know what the IRFU is. You wan them to do your political bidding. That’s not it’s job and I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for them to start saving as your political arm. Lol.

I think it would be nice to see the IRFU continue doing Stirling work to grow the sport in Ireland and keep the teams strong.

• Advertisement

Listen I take a very dim view of someone who uses a rape trial for self promotion and then incredibly goes on to talk about morals, there's no credibility there whatsoever.

That is of couse IF she is running for election, I don't know for sure that she is.

Well, I hate to see what you would call someone who actually committed a serious crime if someone merely protesting is "vermin" and "an animal" in your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Well, I hate to see what you would call someone who actually committed a serious crime if someone merely protesting is "vermin" and "an animal" in your opinion.

This is rape culture.

Yeah fair enough. I think otherwise because I know what the IRFU is. You wan them to do your political bidding. That’s not it’s job and I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for them to start saving as your political arm. Lol.

I think it would be nice to see the IRFU continue doing Stirling work to grow the sport in Ireland and keep the teams strong.

Hey listen, I know exactly what they are and why they took the stance they did with the lads. This is quite an interesting video on the topic:

https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Depends on the protest really, but this appears to be political campaigning piggybacking on a rape trial, to me that's vermin yes, 100%

This is rape culture.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

Now, top that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

She is Kildare South candidate in next General Election. Social Democrats. Also does stand up comedy.

Depends on the protest really, but this appears to be political campaigning piggybacking on a rape trial, to me that's vermin yes, 100%

So, just so I can gauge your general level of invective, what would you call an actual rapist?

In your opinion are politicians who attend the funerals of people who suffered tragic deaths but were not personally known to them 'piggybacking on a tragedy?' - are they too "vermin"?

So, just so I can gauge your general level of invective, what would you call an actual rapist?

In your opinion are politicians who attend the funerals of people who suffered tragic deaths but were not personally known to them 'piggybacking on a tragedy?' - are they too "vermin"?

I'd call them a rapist, not many things in the world are worse than a rapist, no extra words are needed.

I can't stand politicians showing up at funerals (unless of course they knew the person or are friends of a family member).

A politician showed up at my Granny's funeral a couple of years ago and he didn't know her or any of my family, so yes I would consider him vermin, I wasn't particularly pleased to be honest.

I take it you support this protest against Paddy Jackson and London Irish Rugby?

She is Kildare South candidate in next General Election. Social Democrats. Also does stand up comedy.

Ah come on, you're pulling me chain surely, a feminist/politician/comedian?

• Advertisement

I'd call them a rapist, not many things in the world are worse than a rapist, no extra words are needed.

I can't stand politicians showing up at funerals (unless of course they knew the person or are friends of a family member).

A politician showed up at my Granny's funeral a couple of years ago and he didn't know her or any of my family, so yes I would consider him vermin, I wasn't particularly pleased to be honest.

I take it you support this protest against Paddy Jackson and London Irish Rugby?

I nether expressed support or condemned it.
    I simply think using terms like "vermin" and "an animal" is completely over the top.

Advertisement