Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs in Sweden

Options

Comments

Gruffalux wrote: »
    It was done by an associate professor at Lund University who is himself an Iranian immigrant. What are you implying? It is quite odd not to be able to objectively look at a piece of empirical research without going into denial or reaching for what I think you may be insinuating - conspiracy theories.

One could write to him and ask I suppose. His credentials, and methodology are in the public domain.

I'm not saying anything about his credentials or his background and I don't go in for conspiracy theories.
    But I am aware that ethnicities of offenders are not recorded in Sweden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

bubblypop wrote: »
    I'm not saying anything about his credentials or his background and I don't go in for conspiracy theories.
    But I am aware that ethnicities of offenders are not recorded in Sweden.

This might help you.
    By using information from the Swedish Crime Register, offenders between 15 and 60 years old convicted of rape+ between 2000 and 2015 were included.....

We analyzed information on individuals from Swedish population-based registers with national coverage. These registers were linked using each individual’s unique identification number replaced by a serial number to preserve confidentiality. The study is covered by ethical approval from the Regional Ethical Review Board in Lund
    . The database for the LCA was created by selecting all individuals convicted of rape+  between 2000 and 2015 (n = 3 431) and were between 15 and 60 years old (392 individuals did not meet this criterion). In total, we investigated 3 039 unique individuals.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/20961790.2020.1868681

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

BensMixed wrote: »
    Would you advise me to engage in debates with people who have exclusively posted thousands of posts on an internet forums exclusively about crimes by non-white people? It's a genuine question.

The post count of this thread is only #630.

I read the post you linked first time.
    The ethnicity of offenders in Sweden is not recorded, and that is widely known.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Also, Sweden do not keep statistics on the ethnicity of offenders
    I'm telling you they dont, so maybe you should wonder how the study was done exactly
    I read the post you linked first time.
    The ethnicity of offenders in Sweden is not recorded, and that is widely known.
    Do you have any sources for this claim? Right now it's just your word against professors.

• Advertisement

The Lund study has this to say about Swedish rapes.
    Overall, attempting to reconstruct the patterns of rapes in Malmö, the following can be inferred from our findings.

The typical convicted male rapist is aged 30–40 years, of foreign descent, single and has problems with employment.

He somehow knows his victim, who is aged 20–30 years old and in a relationship. He rapes her vaginally while she is under the influence of alcohol and unable to defend herself.

Zoikes. Hoists white flag. Repeats in monotone ....writes on whiteboard 50000 times...ethnicity is not recorded..not recorded....not recorded...
    I am re-formed.

Nah. Not really. :)

https://www.government.se/articles/2017/02/facts-about-migration-and-crime-in-sweden/

Government website with links to many studies.

Includes this;
    Facts: The Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Brå) has conducted two studies on the representation of people with foreign backgrounds among crime suspects, the most recent in 2005.

Pretty sure Biko, you're well aware they don't publish any statistics on the ethnicity of offenders, it's not the first time it's come up on this thread.

https://www.bra.se/bra-in-english/home/crime-and-statistics/crime-statistics.html
    They record offenders by age and sex.

Zoikes. Hoists white flag. Repeats in monotone ....writes on whiteboard 50000 times...ethnicity is not recorded..not recorded....not recorded...
    I am re-formed.

Nah. Not really. :)

Shouldn't believe the first thing you see written in the internet then :)

https://www.government.se/articles/2017/02/facts-about-migration-and-crime-in-sweden/

Government website with links to many studies.

Includes this;
    Facts: The Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Brå) has conducted two studies on the representation of people with foreign backgrounds among crime suspects, the most recent in 2005.

Pretty sure Biko, you're well aware they don't publish any statistics on the ethnicity of offenders, it's not the first time it's come up on this thread.

https://www.bra.se/bra-in-english/home/crime-and-statistics/crime-statistics.html
    They record offenders by age and sex.

So the Professor invented the ethnicity data?

If you read it properly you will see he has matched offenders with their social records ID numbers, which must link to other files that record the ethnicity of the person.
    This is a bizarre argument you are making. You are trying to argue to deny the providence of what is written in black and white in a criminological piece of research from a university.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't believe the first thing you see written in the internet then :)

You should not believe what you think is true.

You should not believe what you think is true.

This means nothing.
    I know that ethnicities of offenders are not recorded in sweden. Now, the reason I know this would be anecdotal to posters here. So I gave you links to government websites and to studies from the same institute you have linked, which state offenders by age and sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

Haha that Sarnecki character is always wheeled out.... Every.single.time

lol just had a look at this guy on wikipedia. Yeah, every single time indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

So the Professor invented the ethnicity data?

If you read it properly you will see he has matched offenders with their social records ID numbers, which must link to other files that record the ethnicity of the person.
    This is a bizarre argument you are making. You are trying to argue to deny the providence of what is written in black and white in a criminological piece of research from a university.

Wrongthink innit

This means nothing.
    I know that ethnicities of offenders are not recorded in sweden. Now, the reason I know this would be anecdotal to posters here. So I gave you links to government websites and to studies from the same institute you have linked, which state offenders by age and sex.

In this scientific study the ethnicity of all offenders was researched and procured by matching govt identity records. So one now has a piece of research that accurately displays the ethnicity of the offending demographic re rape in Sweden. It may not say Tom is Portugese and Juan is Argentinian individually but it does show accurately the overall ethnic distribution in the demographic. This evidence could obviously be tracked properly by the scientists. This is govt funded research. To argue in a repeating fashion like you are doing is quite odd. Perhaps it is a technique but I just find it odd.

I presume now that others reading can understand the reality of the situation and disregard disingenuous attempts at obfuscation.

Locking people up for a very long time will do.

You can give her peer reviewed research and media investigations and she'll still refuse to accept reality. People like her are so invested in multi culturalism and immigration, they cannot accept any criticism.

She has no issue with the government censoring information on sexual violence (no doubt she's a proud feminist). Insane.

But what does it matter? Sweden is a country where you can take part in a gang rape and your punishment is community service. And if you're foreign they give you citizenship.

At least in India they hang rapists.

You no absolutely nothing about me.
    I believe actual statistics. I don't call myself a feminist, but have no problem with someone who is.
    Have you any idea how many rapes take place in this country? How many even get to court? What sentences look like?

I believe in facts. And I am very sceptical, must be the detective in me. I know they don't record offenders ethnicity, as I have linked, so I am very sceptical of how these statistics were collected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

BensMixed wrote: »

Judging by how you never post about any crimes committed by white people ....

A newreg on Boards for just over a day, and yet knows so much.

https://www.thelocal.se/20190529/increase-in-swedens-rape-statistics-cant-be-tied-to-refugee-influx-study-suggests/

From this article;

The second major increase in rape and other sexual crime statistics occurs after 2015, which fuels the argument that it is connected to the increase of asylum seekers in Sweden. But Brå concludes that this is not the case.

The board openly acknowledges that because NTU results do not include any information on ethnicity, it can only offer “tentative analyzes that cannot give easy answers” but it says the numbers don't add up.

So, the same institute that produced the earlier linked study

I know enough about your type. It doesn't even bother you that gang rape gets punished by community service and rewarded with citizenship. No, the most important thing for you is to keep the borders open and keep shipping in the migrants.

Absolute rubbish.
    I believe in law and order and anyone that breaks the law should be dealt with by the justice system. I think sentencing in Ireland in particular, is very lenient.
    I don't care if migrants are shipped in it not, but once they are in a country, everyone is treated the same.

• Advertisement

I am very sceptical of how these statistics were collected.

It is written in the study exactly how the stats were collected and I quoted the details.
    I do not agree with other posters rough talk and the gung ho schtick. But I also cannot understand how you simply cannot see the methodology that has been explained and linked.
    I know it is hard to see something one does not want to see - I do it myself - but the info is there to see quite plainly. No detective work required.

And as the author says the info could be used beneficially to implement education campaigns both in Sweden and abroad. As a woman myself I am all in favour of any kind of effort that reduces sexual violence anywhere in the world. There is a bigger issue with sexual violence among certain demographics in Sweden than among native Swedes and as realists we just have to suck up that fact and deal with it. As Ayaan Hirsi Ali says in her recent book on the subject - Prey- it will be the immigrant women and the women in lower class and impoverished neighbourhoods who will benefit FIRST when we face, accept and deal with this reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It is written in the study exactly how the stats were collected and I quoted the details.
    I do not agree with other posters rough talk and the gung ho schtick. But I also cannot understand how you simply cannot see the methodology that has been explained and linked.
    I know it is hard to see something one does not want to see - I do it myself - but the info is there to see quite plainly. No detective work required.

And as the author says the info could be used beneficially to implement education campaigns both in Sweden and abroad. As a woman myself I am all in favour of any kind of effort that reduces sexual violence anywhere in the world. There is a bigger issue with sexual violence among certain demographics in Sweden than among native Swedes and as realists we just have to suck up that fact and deal with it. As Ayaan Hirsi Ali says in her recent book on the subject - Prey- it will be the immigrant women and the women in lower class and impoverished neighbourhoods who will benefit FIRST when we face, accept and deal with this reality.

Very good post. The issue must be accepted first by society in order to adequately deal with it. Denying the reality due to some philosophical or ideological or indeed naive hope of seamless cultural integration of large ethnic groups only exasperates the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Locking people up for a very long time will do.

And deporting them afterwards would help too.

Deportation needs to be default in any custodial crime by a foreigner.
    "Don't want to have to leave? Then don't do crime!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Absolute rubbish.
    I believe in law and order and anyone that breaks the law should be dealt with by the justice system. I think sentencing in Ireland in particular, is very lenient.
    I don't care if migrants are shipped in it not, but once they are in a country, everyone is treated the same.

Somehow I think if the data showed that indigenous Swedish men were hugely over-represented in rapes in Sweden you would have no issues with making broad, sweeping generalizations about Swedish men. But the science shows the reverse and you're here fighting against the research for no other reason than you find the results to be heretical.

Just trust the science.

Sand wrote: »
    Somehow I think if the data showed that indigenous Swedish men were hugely over-represented in rapes in Sweden you would have no issues with making broad, sweeping generalizations about Swedish men. But the science shows the reverse and you're here fighting against the research for no other reason than you find the results to be heretical.

Just trust the science.

Well that would be normal would it not?
    Pretty sure the majority of men in prison in Ireland for rape (not many) are irish.
    I'm not sure why you think I would be ok with broad sweeping statements that generalise anybody based on their nationality, I dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Well that would be normal would it not?
    Pretty sure the majority of men in prison in Ireland for rape (not many) are irish.
    I'm not sure why you think I would be ok with broad sweeping statements that generalise anybody based on their nationality, I dont.

That would hardly unusual when the majority of men in Ireland are Irish. For now at least. What would be unusual - in your paradigm where there is no difference between anyone - is that Irish men would be underrepresented. This is the situation we see in Sweden.

Its not objectionable to draw conclusions based on evidence - it is how science works. The evidence is immigrant groups are hugely over-represented in Swedish rapes.

So why are you fighting against the research? Trust the science.

Sand wrote: »
    That would hardly unusual when the majority of men in Ireland are Irish. For now at least. What would be unusual - in your paradigm where there is no difference between anyone - is that Irish men would be underrepresented. This is the situation we see in Sweden.

Its not objectionable to draw conclusions based on evidence - it is how science works. The evidence is immigrant groups are hugely over-represented in Swedish rapes.

So why are you fighting against the research? Trust the science.

I have come to the conclusion that Bubblypop likes other (non-Eu) nationalities more. They simply can't do anything wrong. At least, not enough for him to condemn them for anything. On virtually every thread, I see him defending migrant groups, or deflecting away from them to focus on the indigenous population. I've seen him acknowledge the existence of a minority of the minority who may misbehave (and even then, he seeks to deflect from them), but we can't ever judge the majority of that minority.. regardless of the statistics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

A lot of people clearly don't have a clue about the laws in Sweden with regard to rape. For example
    In 2018, Sweden has passed a new law that criminalizes sex without consent as rape, even when there are no threats, coercion or violence involved, and no longer requiring prosecutors to prove the use or threat of violence or coercion. This led to a rise in convictions of 75%.

• Advertisement

I have come to the conclusion that Bubblypop likes other (non-Eu) nationalities more. They simply can't do anything wrong. At least, not enough for him to condemn them for anything. On virtually every thread, I see him defending migrant groups, or deflecting away from them to focus on the indigenous population. I've seen him acknowledge the existence of a minority of the minority who may misbehave (and even then, he seeks to deflect from them), but we can't ever judge the majority of that minority.. regardless of the statistics.

Nope.
    Completely the opposite actually.
    Bubblypop has enough experience to know that everybody is capable of wrongdoing.

I don't believe in discrimination, nor tarring all people with the one brush because they posses a common factor.
    It's really quite simple

Advertisement