Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs in Sweden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

biko wrote: »
    Feel free to come with counterarguments instead of pretending to be morally wounded by my reporting of the actions of libertarians.

You seem to have cut out part of my response which was an argument I made. Perhaps you made a mistake while quoting? For clarity let me explain again. You have posted crimes like pedophilia and the vast majority of cases you've posted are from immigrants and 'libs' as you call them. In a thread about current affairs you seem to have decided that pedophilic crimes committed by those outside of those two groups are not worthy of being highlighted. Can you see why someone might wonder why you have omitted pedophilic crimes committed by those outside of those groups? It raises the question of whether you actually have a problem with pedophilia committed by people outside of those groups? Your actions seem to have demonstrated that you don't find those cases worth posting in a thread about current affairs. Can you see why some people who find pedophilia to be abhorrent might find that disgusting?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Feel free to explain why you constantly post about a country you’ve never visited and almost certainly never will.
    I actually lived and loved in Stockholm for several years in the 90s and have visited regularly since and have many friends there.
    I speak and write Swedish fluently.

I have watched how the Sweden I loved turn into this new ****hole country under Social Democrat rule in the last 20 years.

Tbh, I probably know and love the country more than you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

BLM Drone wrote: »
    Progressives REALLY don't like it when you point the crime problems immigration has brought to Sweden.

Yes it's out of control

Homicides-Sweden.jpg

Crime-Rates-Sweden-3-largest-cities.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

I actually lived and loved in Stockholm for several years in the 90s and have visited regularly since and have many friends there.
    I speak and write Swedish fluently.

I have watched how the Sweden I loved turn into this new ****hole country under Social Democrat rule in the last 20 years.

Tbh, I probably know and love the country more than you do.

After all this time of me asking you have you ever been to Sweden and now suddenly you’ve lived there? I seriously doubt that. If you ever DID go there you would be deeply disappointed that it’s not falling apart.

Tbh, I'm not very inclined to discuss with you.
    You don't address any issues head on. Just like fanta guy you're all about attempting to undermine and discredit me personally.
    This is a common tactic when you don't have any good arguments, you attack the person.

Believe what you will, I don't have to prove anything to you.
    If you start addressing the points I make and stop trying to discredit me personally so perhaps a proper discussion can be had instead of these childish attacks.

Why don't you ask yourself "why won't the train stop in Kumla?"

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Yes it's out of control

Homicides-Sweden.jpg
    I don't know where you got those numbers from but they don't correspond to the ones I have from Swedish national TV website.
    In January 2018, police statistics reported an increase in gun homicides from 8 in 2006 to 43 in 2017
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/siffrorna-visar-kraftig-okning-av-dodsskjutningar
    The risk for the public to be shot in criminal cases has increased. This shows research and the reason is more and more gun attacks in public places and that the number of shots fired at each occasion has doubled.
    We see an increase in the number of murders and attempted murders in criminal environments in Stockholm, says Joakim Sturup, researcher and analyst at the Stockholm Police, to SVT News.
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/allt-fler-skott-avlossas-inom-kriminella-uppgorelser

Did you know that Sweden sends surgeons to South Africa learn how to treat knife and bullet wounds?
    https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/7391414

Let's look at rapes.
    About 58% of men convicted in Sweden of rape and attempted rape over the past five years were born abroad, according to data from Swedish national TV.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764
    If you only look at attempted and completed assault rapes - where the victim and the perpetrator do not know each other - the figure is even higher.
    Just over eight out of ten convicted perpetrators were born in another country.
    40 percent of these have been in Sweden for a year or less.
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/granskning/ug/ny-kartlaggning-av-valdtaktsdomar-58-procent-av-de-domda-fodda-utomlands
    Without Social Democrat immigration politics those women would not have been attacked.
    Their politics have made Sweden more unsafe and more violent.

Tbh, I'm not very inclined to discuss with you.
    You don't address any issues head on. Just like fanta guy you're all about attempting to undermine and discredit me personally.
    This is a common tactic when you don't have any good arguments, you attack the person.

Believe what you will, I don't have to prove anything to you.
    If you start addressing the points I make and stop trying to discredit me personally so perhaps a proper discussion can be had instead of these childish attacks.

Why don't you ask yourself "why won't the train stop in Kumla?"

I’m from Tallaght originally and when I was living there the busses were regularly stopped from going into certain areas, however we didn’t see this as some sort of breakdown of society. You need to stop this extremely weird obsession you have with Sweden. It’s utterly pointless. You are just using this thread as a news dump and I suspect that if you weren’t a mod you would be pulled up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Biko, why don’t you cut out the middle man (Sweden) and share murders, rapes and other miscellaneous crimes that are happening in the Muslim world for us all to clutch our pearls at.

I was thinking of going to Qatar for the World Cup. Not sure if the trains will stop at any of stations there but I think I’ll end up staying on board for the longevity of the visit just to be safe.

I’m from Tallaght originally and when I was living there the busses were regularly stopped from going into certain areas, however we didn’t see this as some sort of breakdown of society. You need to stop this extremely weird obsession you have with Sweden. It’s utterly pointless. You are just using this thread as a news dump and I suspect that if you weren’t a mod you would be pulled up on it.
    Well done, that's discussion right there. You are comparing Sweden to Ireland.
    In both countries buses don't go into certain areas.
    What do you think should be done to fix that?

Btw, feel free to report any post that oversteps the mark to the forum mods.
    Saying I get a free pass because I am a fellow mod not only insults me, but also them.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

It does raise some questions that a thread like this has been allowed to proceed as it has. I find it pretty disgusting to be honest. I wonder is this the general philosophy that the people behind boards.ie have, since biko is a mod?

• Advertisement

I am not sure why you would support a dictatorship but hey, you do you, right?
    For the craic you should them you are gay and see what happens.

My comments about going to Qatar were in jest. I most certainly am not going to go to the World Cup or would I have no interest to. You’ll be happy to hear that I think most of the cultures that these countries hold dear are archaic.

But the anti immigrant/anti muslim cheerleading is a bit sad. It’s a great gimmick but it must suck the life out of you searching for all these Swedish articles.

Again you’ll be happy to hear Biko, I do roll my eyes when “the libs” talk about the refugee boats being full of engineers, doctors and scientists but having close links to the Healthcare sector I know there are so so many (get this) “normal” Muslims working in it who are absolutely model citizens. During COVID these people have saved thousands.

I’ve a feeling if one of these lads created a cure of cancer in Sweden you probably wouldn’t be as quick to rub your hands with joy before running to alert us here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Gas how people are more horrified at the reporting of these events than at the actual events themselves.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I’ve a feeling if one of these lads created a cure of cancer in Sweden you probably wouldn’t be as quick to rub your hands with joy before running to alert us here on boards.
    When or if that happens we'll see who posts about it first in this thread, you or I.
    Until then, if you have some good news about current (or maybe not so current) Swedish affairs, please do share here.

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Gas how people are more horrified at the reporting of these events than at the actual events themselves.

As I have stated before my problem is the constant bad mouthing of a country by people completely unaffected by any of the stories being posted.

When or if that happens we'll see who posts about it first in this thread, you or I.
    Until then, if you have some good news about current (or maybe not so current) Swedish affairs, please do share here.

Sound. Let me look into it. Any other countries you need particular updates on? I haven’t checked the news in Jamaica, Poland, Bolivia, Denmark or Spain this week.

As I have stated before my problem is the constant bad mouthing of a country by people completely unaffected by any of the stories being posted.
    Hey, if you want to to an "Current affairs in Israel" thread, just go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

And historians never lived in Nazi Germany or ancient Rome, they still bang on about it. the op has an interest in the topic. If a thread is unwanted itll die naturally if it's over the line mods will close it. Hes given his reasons and there seems to be an audience for it. Some see Sweden as a test case for other European countries with similar immigration policies.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Sound. Let me look into it. Any other countries you need particular updates on? I haven’t checked the news in Jamaica, Poland, Bolivia, Denmark or Spain this week.
    Well, Sweden and Denmark are often held up as some forerunner countries by the left.

Btw, did you know that Denmark aims to have zero asylum seekers, to protect their social cohesion? Isn't that interesting news?

You seem to be insinuating that there are no good news stories in Sweden to talk about. If that’s the case you’re even worse off than I thought. You started this ridiculous thread now you want us to prove you wrong!?

Well, Sweden and Denmark are often held up as some forerunner countries by the left.

Btw, did you know that Denmark aims to have zero asylum seekers, to protect their social cohesion? Isn't that interesting news?

You’re right about what you say about Sweden and Denmark there. However you must also understand that people who say those things are just like you with a simplistic black and white view of everything. They are as wrong as you are.

• Advertisement

You seem to be insinuating that there are no good news stories in Sweden to talk about. If that’s the case you’re even worse off than I thought. You started this ridiculous thread now you want us to prove you wrong!?
    I am not insinuating anything. If you want to add some interesting news about Sweden I am not stopping you.
    But you are not doing that, are you? Instead you are angry that I do.

So far your contributions to this thread have been to complain that I post. Not about my content but that I post at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭enricoh

No, it's not. Ireland has nothing to learn from their experiences whatsoever and this thread should be locked.
    Now let's all get aboard the good ship multiculturalism and sail blissfully into the sunset! All our politicians and media are already onboard, no party poopers allowed biko!

Sweden is currently for the first time experiencing low electric power problems.

Swedish television and news are asking Swedes to not vacuum, don't take hot showers, have a cold lunch instead of a hot one, etc
    Industry are limiting production.

Now why is it that Sweden suddenly don't have enough power?
    It is because the Green/Red government have chosen to turn off reactors at the nuclear plant Ringhals.
    The closed down reactors will also be demolished which means that even if they wanted to start them up again they cannot.
    The Green/Red government have also decided to not build new nuclear plants.

Instead of own nuclear power Sweden is now dependent on Polish coal power and burning oil to keep up demands.

The strange thing is the government claims nuclear power is not needed/not viable anymore, but only after a few weeks they must tell the population to not vacuum or eat hot food.
    And there is nothing to say this won't happen again and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Watching Stacey Dooley's documentary tonight about Spain's Narco Wars, and one of the biggest violent international gangs that the Spanish police talked about were Swedish gangs. I was quite surprised that the Swedes were so involved in the drug trade in Spain. When they showed footage of these Swedish gangs, they were all African, from Central Africa said the police, but with Swedish citizenship. Wonder if native Swedes now have second thoughts on the way they opened up their borders in the last number of years.

Sweden is currently for the first time experiencing low electric power problems.

It is because the Green/Red government have chosen to turn off reactors at the nuclear plant Ringhals.
    Forbes - Irrational Nuclear Fear Puts Sweden In Danger Of Succumbing To Stupidity

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2021/02/28/irrational-nuclear-fear-puts-sweden-in-danger-of-succumbing-to-stupidity/?sh=5c2ccac37334
    who in Sweden would want to completely shut them down?

Um…members of the Swedish coalition-government, led by Sweden’s Green Party, people who get a Pavlovian gag reflex just thinking of nuclear. They want to prematurely close their entire nuclear fleet, and replace the 2 trillion kWhs with renewables and natural gas.

After the retirement of the Ringhals 1 reactor, a normal Swedish winter has unraveled the country's grid.

The southern part Sweden, which previously had an additional six reactors, has been forced to import electricity from coal-fired power plants in Poland and Denmark, and gas-fired power plants in Germany that burn natural gas pipelined in from Russia.

Huh? So much for the Green Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

quick fix for the Greens causing the nuclear powerplants to be shut down? Send the national electricity bill to their Party HQ. You caused the shutdown, you fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Swedish television and news are asking Swedes to not vacuum, don't take hot showers, have a cold lunch instead of a hot one, etc
    Industry are limiting production.

The closed down reactors will also be demolished which means that even if they wanted to start them up again they cannot.
    The Green/Red government have also decided to not build new nuclear plants.

Instead of own nuclear power Sweden is now dependent on Polish coal power and burning oil to keep up demands.

The strange thing is the government claims nuclear power is not needed/not viable anymore, but only after a few weeks they must tell the population to not vacuum or eat hot food.
    And there is nothing to say this won't happen again and again.

The Swedish Greens are smaller than the Irish Greens
    Swedish Greens got into the dáil with 4.4% of the popular vote - 4% is the cut-off limit to get dáil seats at all.
    Since Social Democrats needed support they joined up with the Greens and have been doning crazy things ever since.

From their heyday back in 2014 Greens have lost 50% of their members, probably because of their open borders policy that saw Sweden receive hundreds of thousands of migrants in 2015.

Its unlikely Greens will survive next election, but the damages they've done will take a long time to sort out.

• Advertisement

Sweden might be minded similar soon

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/20961790.2020.1868681

'Swedish rape offenders — a latent class analysis'

Abstract:
    Sweden has witnessed an increase in the rates of sexual crimes including rape. Knowledge of who the offenders of these crimes are is therefore of importance for prevention... A total of 3 039 offenders were included in the analysis. A majority of them were immigrants (n = 1 800; 59.3%) of which a majority (n = 1 451; 47.8%) were born outside of Sweden.

Advertisement