Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs in Sweden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Here we are again. A crime from years ago have now led to a "conviction".

https://twitter.com/WomenReadWomen/status/1370051907008405505?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The above is like something out of India or South Africa.

Import the third world, become the third world.

Europe's politicians and the activists who lobbied them have a lot to answer for.

Jesus christ, her trousers?
    Poor crather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Sand wrote: »
    Import the third world, become the third world.

Europe's politicians and the activists who lobbied them have a lot to answer for.

There seems to be some weird ideology or mass lack of common sense hanging over Europe at the moment, this sh!t wouldn't have been exceptable a few years ago...

There seems to be some weird ideology or mass lack of common sense hanging over Europe at the moment, this sh!t wouldn't have been exceptable a few years ago...

Except it's been going on for over a decade now.. perhaps as much as two decades. The difference is that there is a greater degree of information about the negatives available for people to see. Previously, most such reports and research was downplayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Sweden is a toilet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭BensMixed

Appreciate the updates on crimes committed by non-whites in Sweden lads. Good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭DeadHand

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Sweden is a toilet

Ireland will be Sweden within a decade if the insane, proposed changes to our much abused asylum system are allowed to go ahead.

We’ll be worse, in fact, as our public systems are inferior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Sweden is a toilet

It isn't. Soft on crime and immigration policy has been a disaster but overall it's still a fantastic country to live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

BensMixed wrote: »
    Appreciate the updates on crimes committed by non-whites in Sweden lads. Good work.

And we really do not appreciate how flippant you are about this crime. I am sure you read the link; the girl was also raped using a gun with such force that it ruptured her abdomen. It was a terrible, terrible crime and yet one of the migrants in the rape gang just got community service as punishment.

This crime was an act of appalling depravity that was imported into the country. The whole country of Sweden need to have an open and honest discussion about the quality and quantity of migrants that they are allowing into their once well-respected country.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »
    And we really do not appreciate how flippant you are about this crime. I am sure you read the link; the girl was also raped using a gun with such force that it ruptured her abdomen. It was a terrible, terrible crime and yet one of the migrants in the rape gang just got community service as punishment.

This crime was an act of appalling depravity that was imported into the country. The whole country of Sweden need to have an open and honest discussion about the quality and quantity of migrants that they are allowing into their once well-respected country.

Of course the crime was appalling and disgusting.

Judging by how you never post about any crimes committed by white people and only seem to have an issue with crimes committed by non-white people, I don't believe you actually care about the crime itself. Just my opinion of course but the evidence is there of you and others disproportionately posting crimes by non-white people and being outraged when there were similar crimes committed by white people and I didn't see you care about them.

I was only here to thank posters for posting about crimes committed by non-white people consistently. This thread is filled with crimes, close to 100% of them are committed by non-white people. Not sure why you have an issue? Have I said something factually incorrect here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

biko wrote: »
    Here we are again. A crime from years ago have now led to a "conviction".

https://twitter.com/WomenReadWomen/status/1370051907008405505?s=20

I clicked on this thread just for idle curiosity and went to last page and it is honestly stories like this that just make me feel sometimes like going completely postal. They are literally unbearable to think about. Sometimes this world feels like a dark hell.

This thread is filled with crimes, close to 100% of them are committed by non-white people. Not sure why you have an issue? Have I said something factually incorrect here?

Of course there is horror committed by white Swedes.
    Have you a comment on the statistic above that 59.3% of rape and aggravated rape in Sweden is committed by people with an immigrant background. Note 24% of people in Sweden have an immigrant background.

I personally would not give two hoots if a bazillion immigrants lived normal peaceful lives in Sweden or anywhere else. I am particularly good friends with an immigrant person in Sweden. They love it and appreciate their life there. One of my kids works directly with immigrants in Europe. But the reality of statistically proven increased occurrence of brutal rapes and the importation of stone age religious fundamentalist ideologies by anyone - native or immigrant - really disturbs me. Why can one not say this out loud in polite society?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

It isn't. Soft on crime and immigration policy has been a disaster but overall it's still a fantastic country to live in.

Im sorry but any society that looks at the case mentioned above, even ignoring the others reported and doesn't react (lets not talk about the community service aspect) is what I would describe as a toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

This has been going on in the UK for 20+ years. The grooming gangs didn't just spring up overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

And here comes the Far-Left Cavalry.....

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Of course there is horror committed by white Swedes.
    Have you a comment on the statistic above that 59.3% of rape and aggravated rape in Sweden is committed by people with an immigrant background. Note 24% of people in Sweden have an immigrant background.

I personally would not give two hoots if a bazillion immigrants lived normal peaceful lives in Sweden or anywhere else. I am particularly good friends with an immigrant person in Sweden. They love it and appreciate their life there. One of my kids works directly with immigrants in Europe. But the reality of statistically proven increased occurrence of brutal rapes and the importation of stone age religious fundamentalist ideologies by anyone - native or immigrant - really disturbs me. Why can one not say this out loud in polite society?

On a thread where people exclusively post crimes by non-white people in Sweden it doesn't seem like it would be a productive use of my time to get involved in a debate on the issue. I can only point you towards respected academics who have studied the topic in depth which I have done below. Would you advise me to engage in debates with people who have exclusively posted thousands of posts on an internet forums exclusively about crimes by non-white people? It's a genuine question.

New crime study: Rise in Sweden’s rape stats can’t be tied to refugee influx

https://www.thelocal.se/20190529/increase-in-swedens-rape-statistics-cant-be-tied-to-refugee-influx-study-suggests/
    For Jerzy Sarnecki, a criminology professor at Stockholm University who audited the report, the Brå study was enough to put to rest the idea that the increase in rape cases is directly tied to the influx of refugees.

“We are not facing an occupation by Muslim men who rape our women,” Sarnecki told Dagens Nyheter. “The report shows that the immigration influx has not affected the number of sexual offences.”

On a thread where people exclusively post crimes by non-white people in Sweden it doesn't seem like it would be a productive use of my time to get involved in a debate on the issue. I can only point you towards respected academics who have studied the topic in depth which I have done below. Would you advise me to engage in debates with people who have exclusively posted thousands of posts on an internet forums exclusively about crimes by non-white people? It's a genuine question.

https://www.thelocal.se/20190529/increase-in-swedens-rape-statistics-cant-be-tied-to-refugee-influx-study-suggests/

The 2019 article you link references the Bra report which

"The board openly acknowledges that because NTU results do not include any information on ethnicity, it can only offer “tentative analyzes that cannot give easy answers”"

The research linked above which I mentioned and which was published this Feb 2021 does study information on ethnicity.

The 2019 article you link references the Bra report which

"The board openly acknowledges that because NTU results do not include any information on ethnicity, it can only offer “tentative analyzes that cannot give easy answers”"

The research linked above which I mentioned and which was published this Feb 2021 does study information on ethnicity.

Which link

bubblypop wrote: »
    Which link

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/20961790.2020.1868681

Ardavan Khoshnood - the primary researcher - Associate Professor at the Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Lund, Malmo.

https://portal.research.lu.se/portal/en/persons/ardavan-khoshnood(ba8729f2-7140-40f8-b625-9df651c1f8e4).html

Edit Ardavan is an Iranian immigrant to Sweden

• Advertisement

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/20961790.2020.1868681

Ardavan Khoshnood - the primary researcher - Associate Professor at the Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Lund, Malmo.

https://portal.research.lu.se/portal/en/persons/ardavan-khoshnood(ba8729f2-7140-40f8-b625-9df651c1f8e4).html

Edit Ardavan is an Iranian immigrant to Sweden

This is a study of just over 3000 offenders.
    Not a study of offenders in all crimes.

This is a study of just over 3000 offenders.
    Not a study of offenders in all crimes.

:confused::confused:

It is a study on rape and aggravated rape in Sweden - that was what we were talking about.
    The database for the LCA was created by selecting all individuals convicted of rape+  between 2000 and 2015 and were between 15 and 60 years old (392 individuals did not meet this criterion).
    Between the years 2000 and 2015, a total of 3 039 offenders were convicted of rape+ against a woman . The majority of the offenders were men ( 99.7%) and the mean year of birth was 1976 . Close to half of the offenders were born outside of Sweden ( 47.7%) followed by Swedish born offenders with Swedish born parents ( 40.8%). A relatively small part of the cohort was constituted of offenders being born in Sweden with at least one parent being born outside Sweden ( 11.5%).
    The largest group of the study population was found among offenders born outside of Sweden; a significant part was from the Middle East/North Africa (34.5%) followed by Africa (19.1%).

So 47.7% of rape and aggravated rape was committed by immigrants . And 11.5% by people with immigrant parents. Even if we leave it at the 47.7%, this is from a minority demographic.
    Have you a comment to make on those specific findings, which are notable given that 24% of Swedish population are immigrants, or are we straight to whatabout burglaries and car theft mode?

Ardavan Khoshnood's most recent research published this week includes an explanation as to why it is very important to have criminological data re immigrants and not to hand wave or ''whatabout'' stats as being politically incorrect or unacceptable. These stats can be used going forward to design programs that target the results found in ways that help improve everyone's lives. That is why science must be empirical and not tell lies, or be politically circumscribed. The Truth shall set you free.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01639625.2021.1891844
    ...Both studies support that immigrant status is of importance to consider in regard to offenders. Immigrant status is important also in studies of crime victims (Maier 2008; Messner and Rosenfeld 1999; Nagel et al. 2005; Sommers 2007). Our findings showing that immigrants – foremost first-generation immigrants – constitute a majority of rape+ offenders may be used in order to design evidence-based specific programs for first-generation immigrants. Although such evidence is still scarce (DeGue et al. 2014), some regions in Sweden, including the second largest one, have started to inform first-generation immigrants about the Swedish law on sexual crimes, on central democratic and humane ideas in the Swedish society, such as societal values, and also on character of and relations between the sexes (Hostetter, Nilsson, and Pherson 2017).
    Previous researchers have suggested that many developing countries have a need for legal reforms with respect to sexual rights like rape (El-Kak 2013; Ercevik Amado 2004). For example, marital rape is not considered as rape in many countries (El-Kak 2013). In the US, marital rape is experienced by close to 14% of all married females and, partly because of extensive educational efforts, marital rape was prohibited in all of the country’s 50 states in the beginning of the 1990s (Martin, Taft, and Resick 2007).
    It is possible that educational efforts, providing first-generation immigrants education on Swedish laws and values, will improve many women’s sexual rights, including those immigrant women who are unaware of Swedish laws, although more research is needed before crime reduction policies are implemented in a large scale.

:

So 47.7% of rape and aggravated rape was committed by immigrants . And 11.5% by people with immigrant parents. Even if we leave it at the 47.7%, this is from a minority demographic.
    Have you a comment to make on those specific findings, which are notable given that 24% of Swedish population are immigrants, or are we straight to whatabout burglaries and car theft mode?

I don't know what your talking about burglaries and car theft for?

47.7% of convicted rapists are immigrants.
    There is a difference.

Also, Sweden do not keep statistics on the ethnicity of offenders

Also, Sweden do not keep statistics on the ethnicity of offenders

They obviously do if the University of Lund can study the records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Haha that Sarnecki character is always wheeled out.... Every.single.time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Im sorry but any society that looks at the case mentioned above, even ignoring the others reported and doesn't react (lets not talk about the community service aspect) is what I would describe as a toilet.

Fron a certain point of view. Places like Belgium; Sweden you could be forgiven for thinking are the pinnacle of refined (european) society but then you roam the streets and have a “variety” of rubberneckers lounging around al fresco ogling girls by for instance, does your perception change?

Maybe people perception of Sweden’s flag relating to blonde haired / blue eyed folk, which was initially skewed as europeans are naturally diverse will be increasingly more accurate if it is a brown on brown. With a slightly different shade.. if to just distinguish the cross?

Yeah I wonder why?? Haha

Because justice is blind.

They obviously do if the University of Lund can study the records.

I'm telling you they dont, so maybe you should wonder how the study was done exactly

• Advertisement

I'm telling you they dont, so maybe you should wonder how the study was done exactly

It was done by an associate professor at Lund University who is himself an Iranian immigrant. What are you implying? It is quite odd not to be able to objectively look at a piece of empirical research without going into denial or reaching for what I think you may be insinuating - conspiracy theories.

One could write to him and ask I suppose. His credentials, and methodology are in the public domain.

Advertisement