Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs in Sweden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

bubblypop wrote: »
    100 offenders.
    hardly representative!
    You find another then. No-one is stopping you from finding stats to support you.

biko wrote: »
    You find another then. No-one is stopping you from finding stats to support you.

I don't need to find any statistics to support anything, I'm not the one claiming anything.

of course, you cannot find statistics to back up your claims, because they don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

It also stated that the statistic was referenced to murders or attempted murders carried out with guns which sure as hell doesn't cover all violent crime. Discounting the fact that the criteria including having one having at least one parent born abroad isn't especially helpful given the criminal gangs in Sweden represent groups from all over the place encompassing Turks, Albanians, Middle Eastern, former Soviet block groups, Scandinavian biker gangs etc. The whole situation is far more complicated than these simplified tabloid headline articles that are being posted would lead one to believe.

I don't need to find any statistics to support anything, I'm not the one claiming anything.
    of course, you cannot find statistics to back up your claims, because they don't exist.
    That's ok, I cannot make anyone walk to the light. Do let me know if you find any proof to counter my backed up claims.

Do note folks that it wasn't me that made the claim "most violent crimes" you are desperately clinging to now.

I have shown proof that for instance for assault rapes then Obama was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

Ok so let's just let someone else define it, a Swedish publication.

https://www.thelocal.se/20191028/what-do-we-know-about-violent-crime-in-sweden

So - rapes 80%, and general violent crime 90%

No it's not "general violent crime" it's murders. Did your eyes just cloud over upon looking at the rest of the violent crimes I listed? Do you not know what the word 'general' means?

So again, show that most "violent crimes" are committed by immigrants. Not just rapes, not just murders but violent crimes in general.

Do note folks that Barack said "violent crimes" not "rapes". I've even quoted the post, since at the time I (rightly) suspected they might edit it or delete it. It's not my fault that biko took it upon himself to fail at backing up the claim, nor that he's insistent in trying to limit the meaning of the term for his own convenience.

Fun fact - when metoo swept the nation it turned out it was mainly leftist men that had "foreign background".

Keep it in your pants, lefties!
    https://tobiashubinette.wordpress.com/2017/11/02/man-antirasism-vanstern-sexuella-trakasserier/
    Swedish name: Tobias Hübinette

Korean name: Lee Sam-dol

Date of birth: 12 August 1971

Place of birth: Cheolla Province, Republic of Korea

Citizenship: Swedish

Hmm, so it appears that immigrants are only worth anything when they back up your prejudices. Please try to keep it in your pants, racists.

Do note folks that it wasn't me that made the claim "most violent crimes" you are desperately clinging to now.

I have shown proof that for instance for assault rapes then Obama was right.

so in rape cases where the victim & the offender do not know each other, the majority of offenders are foreign born. Yes, the link you gave does show that. It doesn't however give the percentage of this type of rape, in all rape cases.

most rapes are committed by persons known to the victim.
    also, whether someone is 'foreign born' or not, means little to the victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

So immigrants commit the majority of rape and murder in Sweden. Is it not a stretch to conclude that they’re causing huge issues in the country? Perhaps they should reflect on their insane immigration policies that lead them to this.

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    So immigrants commit the majority of rape and murder in Sweden. Is it not a stretch to conclude that they’re causing huge issues in the country? Perhaps they should reflect on their insane immigration policies that lead them to this.

It states 'foreign born'

• Advertisement

But that isn't what was said. What was said was that they commit most "violent crimes". I know right wingers like to try and muddy the water and then swiftly move on when it's revealed their claims are bogus but let's just focus on this one. Because it sort of underpins the (far) right's entire rhetoric surrounding Sweden.

So far, no one has been able to provide evidence that shows most "violent crimes" are committed by immigrants. There've been attempts to cartoonishly narrow the meaning and to focus on one or two types of violent crimes but so far, none to actually back it up.

Why is that?

Hmm, so it appears that immigrants are only worth anything when they back up your prejudices. Please try to keep it in your pants, racists.
    What does this even mean?
    It's no secret to anyone Tobias Hübinette is of Korean origin.
    Can't I use information from him because of his background?

Why do you ignore the facts from him and focus on his race?

So far, no one has been able to provide evidence that shows most "violent crimes" are committed by immigrants. There've been attempts to cartoonishly narrow the meaning and to focus on one or two types of violent crimes but so far, none to actually back it up.

Why is that?
    The person who claimed it is no longer here.
    No-one else have claimed it.
    Why do you cling to it?

most rapes are committed by persons known to the victim.
    Great, go find the Swedish stats to support your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Let me guess. You’ve never been there?

Let me guess. You're in one of those well of areas that hasn't been "diversified" so you can pretend this isn't happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Let me guess. You're in one of those well of areas that hasn't been "diversified" so you can pretend this isn't happening?

That’s a no then. Stop talking about things you know nothing about.

That’s a no then. Stop talking about things you know nothing about.

And that means you're living in an isolated area. Check your privilege.

And that means you're living in an isolated area. Check your privilege.

I live in Greystones. In Ireland.

What does this even mean?
    It's no secret to anyone Tobias Hübinette is of Korean origin.
    Can't I use information from him because of his background?

Why do you ignore the facts from him and focus on his race?
    Same reason the race of people involved in crime in Sweden is your only focus.
    The person who claimed it is no longer here.
    No-one else have claimed it.
    Why do you cling to it?
    You took it upon yourself to try and back it up. Now that it's been shown that you can't, you instead try to shift the blame to me. Why did you take it upon yourself to try to back it up if you're now complaining about it? I didn't force you to, that was all on you.

I live in Greystones. In Ireland.

LOL. And you were trying to act like you had first hand knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

LOL. And you were trying like you had first hand knowledge.

Maybe, I dunno, they've visited there? It's not like they need to live in Rinkeby to have an impression of what Sweden is like.

You took it upon yourself to try and back it up. Now that it's been shown that you can't, you instead try to shift the blame to me. Why did you take it upon yourself to try to back it up if you're now complaining about it? I didn't force you to, that was all on you.
    No I did not try to back Obama up.
    If you recall my first comment was "If we define "most violent crime" as assault rapes".
    "Most violent crime" is too loose a definition to be of use in any real context.
    Then you said 'if you redefine the term "violent crime" to just exclude most types of violent crimes'.

I have been speaking about specific types crimes all along, as it's useless to be too broad in definition.

Anyway, that's semantics and I hope we now can focus on specifics instead of flogging a dead horse that isn't even posting any more.

Maybe, I dunno, they've visited there? It's not like they need to live in Rinkeby to have an impression of what Sweden is like.

Or he's in denial like every Lefty in the West.

Or he's in denial like every Lefty in the West.

I’ve been going to Sweden at least twice a year since 1999. My wife is Swedish. I have lots of Swedish friends. Now, your turn.

I’ve been going to Sweden at least twice a year since 1999. My wife is Swedish. I have lots of Swedish friends. Now, your turn.
    I hope I am not probing too much, and of course you don't have to answer - but why haven't you moved over yet?

On topic, have your Swedish friends or wife mentioned any increase in crime or feelings of Sweden changing character for the worse?

No I did not try to back Obama up.
    If you recall my first comment was "If we define "most violent crime" as assault rapes".
    "Most violent crime" is too loose a definition to be of use in any real context.
    Then you said 'if you redefine the term "violent crime" to just exclude most types of violent crimes'.

I have been speaking about specific types crimes all along, as it's useless to be too broad in definition.

Anyway, that's semantics and I hope we now can focus on specifics instead of flogging a dead horse that isn't even posting any more.
    Then why the hell did you even bother trying to answer if your only purpose was to pointlessly narrow the definition to exclude literally every type of violent crime bar the only one you can prove? No, the definition was not "too broad", it was exactly what Barack said. That it is, in fact, too broad for you to actually prove isn't anyone's fault but your own.

It's just the perfect example of the wider issue with this entire thread - cherrypick examples to create the perfect narrative that immigrants are all violent criminals. When you call people out on it, they twist and turn and try everything to weasel their way out of it.

Yeah, yeah, I know, not slavishly submitting to the racist circlejerk is "boring" to you. You have to understand, though, that normal people don't spend their days trawling far right blogs and Youtube channels looking for ever hysterical pronouncement about the imminent collapse of a country we know nothing about, bar what those outlets tell us.

Great, go find the Swedish stats to support your claim.

well, in the survey you yourself use, the statistics are taken from a sample of 843 convicted rapists.
    It states that 129 rapes were between victims & offenders unknown to one another, which means that in 714 rapes the offender was known to the victim.

there are many many surveys carried out worldwide which states the majority of rapists are known to their victims, I won't link to them all, but the first page of google throws up some;

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-43128350

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/perpetrators-sexual-violence

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-informed/about-sexual-violence/statistics-sexual-violence/

anyway, like I said before , it means little to a victim of rape, just where their rapist was born.

I'm not sure you care about the victims though.......

I'm not sure you care about the victims though.......
    Please stop insinuating things. You are not helping anyone with your little digs.

Here, in Sweden
    For rapes of girls 15 and older
    32% knew the attacker before the attack.
    27% knew the attacker slightly (maybe they met for the first time earlier same night)
    20% did not know their attacker before the attack.

29% are below 18yo and half of them below 15, many 13/14.

This is for 2005 https://www.bra.se/download/18.cba82f7130f475a2f1800012829/2005_07_valdtakt_kartlaggning.pdf
    anyway, like I said before , it means little to a victim of rape, just where their rapist was born.
    We don't know, possibly not. But it probably matters for the judicial system or social services as 40 percent have been in Sweden for a year or less.

So? The Swedish have been horribly dishonest about what's going on over there. Dishonest about what happened at the Malmo New Year's Eve celebration in 2015. Dishonest about all the 50+ No Go Zones.

They won't tell the truth about it until its far too late.

• Advertisement

For rapes of girls 15 and older
    32% knew the attacker before the attack.
    27% knew the attacker slightly (maybe they met for the first time earlier same night)
    20% did not know their attacker before the attack.

29% are below 18yo and half of them below 15, many 13/14.

This is for 2005 https://www.bra.se/download/18.cba82f7130f475a2f1800012829/2005_07_valdtakt_kartlaggning.pdf

We don't know, possibly not. But it probably matters for the judicial system or social services as 40 percent have been in Sweden for a year or less.

stop twisting those stats, 40% of offenders of 'assault rape' where the victim did not know her attacker, were in Sweden less than a year.

In that survey, that means out of 843 convicted rapes, 51.6 offenders were less than one year in Sweden. Stop trying to make it looks worse than it is!

any rape is bad enough, no need to keep trying to push your agenda using rape victims.

also, 59% of vicitims, according to you, knew their attacker, 20 % did not.
    what about the other 21%?

Advertisement