Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freemasons

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Does it stop at 33?

I have never met anyone in person who was above a 32nd degree. Loads of the American lodges have them. The regulations in Ireland are different to America. There are a fixed number of 32nd degrees, you gain those promotions by attendance, ability to remember rites and passages and activities. Over in the States you can be promoted that way and get promotions other ways too.

I believe it stops at 33. Other people outside the organisation may tell you it goes much higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

unnamed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭Treppen

Nexytus wrote: »
    Do you think if Grandmaster Flash had of tried to join the Masons back in
    the 80s that they wouldn't have let him in because it would have caused acrimony and confusion in the lower ranks?

They wouldn't have let him in with a criminal record either. They check you out.

Covid19 wrote: »
    So, Skooter, what's your lodge number? Your experience of Masonry seems to be very different to mine. Are you a member here in Ireland?

You know my Lodge number, I am a current member of GLI and RA. What is your Name, Lodge and highest achieved office. You have declined to answer this in PM's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

You know my Lodge number, I am a current member of GLI and RA. What is your Name, Lodge and highest achieved office. You have declined to answer this in PM's?

I presume you contacted him with the secret PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Nexytus wrote: »
    I presume you contacted him with the secret PM.

Does the PM begin with my rubber chicken believes your rubber chicken is a wicked chicken and has no life in it. Therefore you cannot be a member of the great lodge when your rubber chicken turns into a rubber ball and bounces over to me, well we'll see what we can do. If the PM doesn't start like that well it should.
    If you get blackballed in the lodge. Is there a little painter there with a can of black paint for your testicles?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

“Tonight we are here to commemorate our glorious society's 1500th anniversary, and in honor of this momentous occasion ... we're having ribs!”

branie2 wrote: »
    “Tonight we are here to commemorate our glorious society's 1500th anniversary, and in honor of this momentous occasion ... we're having ribs!”

Actually I'd two sheets of bacon ribs for my dinner, and I didn't have to wait that long for my ribs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Kylta wrote: »
    Does the PM begin with my rubber chicken believes your rubber chicken is a wicked chicken and has no life in it. Therefore you cannot be a member of the great lodge when your rubber chicken turns into a rubber ball and bounces over to me, well we'll see what we can do. If the PM doesn't start like that well it should.
    If you get blackballed in the lodge. Is there a little painter there with a can of black paint for your testicles?

Is this supposed to be funny? You should get 2 phones and just text yourself. Because you're that funny.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Is this supposed to be funny? You should get 2 phones and just text yourself. Because you're that funny.

Actually I think its hilarious, what do I need two phones for, I can reread the post again and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭Treppen

above my pay grade. 33 is a special number, that reoccurs in maths and history.

How does 33 reoccur in maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

blinding wrote: »
    I fell in to the Freemasons Arms and had a few pints . Is it better than getting stoned ?

Was he a gentle and giving lover :P?

Treppen wrote: »
    How does 33 reoccur in maths?

It reoccurs in Geometry, music, biology, cartography, you would be hard pressed not to find it. All these science use maths.

Advertisement