Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Max was so good he made DC shut up for once

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Over 650 strikes thrown by max, insane.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pretty much the perfect performance from Max. Looked brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

50-42, 50-43 x 2 fair scores

I want Holloway to fight Conor. Forget the Khabib/Nate nonsense. Get both of them to meet in the middle at 150 just for the spectacle of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Corner should have pulled him out, beating will take a few years off his career

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That was simply incredible! What a performance from Max.

If I was Volkanovski I'd be putting that belt in the post to Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Well volk will be glad the ortega fight is done rather than having to max again

Incredible stuff, never seen anything like that!

Still the best fw out there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sorry for doubting you Max.

Savage performance, looked like the Ortega fight all over again.
    His combinations, body shots, kicks, had it all.

Kattar is tough as hell. How did he not get finished!

Max will be praying Ortega beats Alex so he can fight him for the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

thats the beatdown of beatdowns.

holloway was outrageously good.

Dc ruins it for me. constantly yapping like a little dog that never shuts the f#ck up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

People are counting Max out. I think it's a UD win for Max. 49-46 maybe.

Okay maybe a few points off on the score :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Perfect performance from Max Holloway, couldn't wish it on a nicer guy either. Can't wait to see him against either Volkanovski or Ortega again. Kalvin Kattar should get a bonus for being that tough. As to how he didn't crumple to the ground from any of those elbows or body shots I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

What did they mention during the fight? Max has given up on sparring?

I agree about DC. He won't shut up when he needs to, especially when theres a war going on and he keeps talking as if he's being paid to analyze a fight and not commentate on it. I noticed Rogan getting annoyed during a few cards when DC was trying to talk about a wrestling sequence when both the fighters had gotten back to the feet and DC wouldn't stop talking like they were both still on the ground. He clearly loves the sound of his own voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

max on another level tonight. the greatest featherweight in ufc history.

max will be the featherweight champ again by the end of the year

Angry Max aiming up there at Motivated Conor :eek: :pac:

Nice to have such an early finish.
    DC is only bearable when Joe Rogan is there to jive with him and lighten it out - Joe's about the only one who can handle him at all and shut him down every now and then.

He's right too.

UFC put up a "Best of Max" compilation the other day and the difference in him now to when he started out..........

I wouldn't be taking any more unnecessary punches to the head if I was him

I agree about DC. He won't shut up when he needs to, especially when theres a war going on and he keeps talking as if he's being paid to analyze a fight and not commentate on it. I noticed Rogan getting annoyed during a few cards when DC was trying to talk about a wrestling sequence when both the fighters had gotten back to the feet and DC wouldn't stop talking like they were both still on the ground. He clearly loves the sound of his own voice.

Really don't get the hate for DC's commentary, doesn't annoy me in the slightest, does go on a bit but it's genuine enthusiasm.

Loads of hate for DC (I like it personally) but can we have a little love for Dan Hardy?

Not only is his colour commentary great, but I love watching him stood up and shadow boxing while watching a good fight and calling it simultaneously :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i dont get all the hate for DC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i dont get all the hate for DC

He's such a company man that it's a little irritating.

And give Jon Anik the credit he deserves too, dynamic, entertaining and knowledgeable without being a fighter previously. Plus he gets lumbered with 101 adverts to slip in and always manages to do it smoothly that it doesn't annoy you or disrupt the flow of the commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He's right too.

UFC put up a "Best of Max" compilation the other day and the difference in him now to when he started out..........

I wouldn't be taking any more unnecessary punches to the head if I was him

Yea good point but sparring is what makes you sharper. Obviously max was sharp anyway. Just find it unusual to not spar. Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

DC talks way too much and babbles away. They were talking over each other tonight. Hardy isn't too bad usually.

Makes me wonder/worry who is doing the McGregor fight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Loads of hate for DC (I like it personally) but can we have a little love for Dan Hardy?

Not only is his colour commentary great, but I love watching him stood up and shadow boxing while watching a good fight and calling it simultaneously :pac:

Hardy is brilliant.

Strongly recommend his Full Reptile YouTube channel. He does fantastic highly detailed breakdowns on main events before they happen. His book is also a good read.

It's moreso the fact that he can't let a train of thought die when it needs to. Like he has to finish a point no matter what. I can't remember which fight it was exactly but there was one on the prelims of a PPV where both fighters were on the ground and one had wrist control but both ended up on the feet a few seconds later and started throwing serious shots at each other against the cage but DC kept talking about how important wrist control was on the ground and how it can be used to step over someones guard. It just rubbed me the wrong way because both fighters were throwing serious leather at each other for a solid 10-15 seconds but DC was having a wrestling seminar on commentary and even Joe had to start throwing in a few "OH! Amazing strikes from both guys!" "What a left hand!" to get DC to focus. I know DC is a wrestling coach nowadays but he needs to just let a thought go when something happens in a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Just waiting on the press conference.

This fight must have elevated Max's value hugely, a Conner vs Max fight must now be hotter than anything out there right now. I am sure it will be one of the first questions....

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Just waiting on the press conference.

This fight must have elevated Max's value hugely, a Conner vs Max fight must now be hotter than anything out there right now. I am sure it will be one of the first questions....

I'd be more excited for that fight over anything else Conor has lined up, Nate Khabib or Pacquiao included. Wouldn't even care about weight class either. If Poirer is getting a rematch with Conor then surely Max deserves on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

He said it on Ariel Helwani's show that he hasn't sparred since the first fight with Volkanowski.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

What a clinic from Max! Couldn't love him more as a fighter and a person. The only thing he's lacking is power. Imagine how good he'd be if he had McGregor-like power.

I don't get the DC hate either.. I usually enjoy his commentary. Good enthusiasm

Advertisement