Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Super late stoppage there from Goddard. When the elbow connected that really should have been it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That fight was a lot of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Font looks good for a top 5 guy next, not sure where moraes goes from here, on the slide in a big way

Finally the potential fun fight of the year up next

Khaos ko for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Anyone else think that if Williams threw caution to the wind and just made it a street fight it would have been a different story ? I just think he was too cautious, a change of style that backfired..

• Advertisement

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Anyone else think that if Williams threw caution to the wind and just made it a street fight it would have been a different story ? I just think he was too cautious, a change of style that backfired..

Hard to say but possible, those kicks were hurting khaos and mp not a guy you can throw caution to the wind to, pretty frustrating fight for khaos with all the missing.
    That damn takedown in rnd 3 looks like it just about gave mp the win

This is a fight neal really has to win

I wanted to back Neal, but chickened out. Thompson looked good last time but it only takes 1 good strike and hes out. Too close for me to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

Wonderboy is so entertaining.

I fancy Neal for rd 5 TKO.

• Advertisement

Wow great Wonder boy performance !!!

Glad I didn't bet, I would have had a heart attack !

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

Great fight to finish the year. Wonderboy was, well, wonderful. :)
    Happy Christmas and wishing you all a great New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Woman beater Hardy getting the **** beat out of him is the easy highlight of the night.

hopefully they let Lewis beat the living **** out of him befire he's cut.

Woman beater Hardy getting the **** beat out of him is the easy highlight of the night.

hopefully they let Lewis beat the living **** out of him befire he's cut.

not sure he's going anywhere short term and Lewis is too high up the pecking order now

His striking is improving all the time but zero ground game, hard to know who he'll get next
    romanov, aspinall or maybe tuivasa possibly would be my guess and yeah was delighted with tyburas comeback win

I see all judges gave williams the first and perreira the second round
    I had assumed they had given it the other way round as i thought kw won
    that second unless that 5 second choke made the difference

Pocket talk here also maybe having had kw backed to win and on points

mailburner wrote: »
    not sure he's going anywhere short term and Lewis is too high up the pecking order now

His striking is improving all the time but zero ground game, hard to know who he'll get next
    romanov, aspinall or maybe tuivasa possibly would be my guess and yeah was delighted with tyburas comeback win

He sure looked like he needed his inhaler towards the end of this fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Beersmith

mailburner wrote: »
    Font looks good for a top 5 guy next, not sure where moraes goes from here, on the slide in a big way

Marlon was #3!

DC really pisses me off. He doesn't know the basic rules. His biggest stupid comment at the last event was that a round was so even but the judges HAVE to give a round to someone! NO DC judges can give a drawn round, part of the problem is judges don't do this enough.

Beersmith wrote: »
    Marlon was #3!

7 now and will more than likely be fighting lads ranked below him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭The Rooster

DC really pisses me off. He doesn't know the basic rules. His biggest stupid comment at the last event was that a round was so even but the judges HAVE to give a round to someone! NO DC judges can give a drawn round, part of the problem is judges don't do this enough.
    So the tiny tiny about of 10-10s means that DC and all those UFC judges just don’t understand the rules?

Never crossed your mind that maybe it’s you who doesn’t properly understand the very limited circumstances in which 10-10 is correct under UFC rules?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sounds like he knows the rules but is realistic.

There should be more 10-10 rounds but they're never given.

He constantly gets the rules wrong. Not long ago he was spouting you get 5 min for an eye poke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Just over 20 minutes to the Prelims start for the Holloway v Kattar Card, didn't know they were going with an early start till I seen it online there now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Great first round to kick off the card.

Sometimes I think some of these women will never finish the other even if you gave them 10 rounds

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Thought Tafa took 1&3 myself. Exciting fight all the same!

Impressed by Joselyn Edwards so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Impressed by Joselyn Edwards so far!

Good fight, she was impressive.

Super slugfest between the HWs as well! Banging like Holloway & Lamas at one point

Lovely head kick KO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

What time is the main event ?

Advertisement