Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2019/2020

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

King George threw up more questions than answers, Faugheen a great highlight.

Allmankind visually impressive at Chepstow but an absolutely shocking price for the triumph, be amazed if he won. Will run half his race during the prelims and won't get anything resembling an easy lead and he's keen enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Gold Cup picture about as clear as fog. 6/1 the field. Every seems to have a question mark

Forgot aspire tower, he’s not half bad amongst the juveniles

See Kalashnikov is favourite for the Paddy Power on Wednesday. This horse is far too good to be going down the handicapping route. I reckon Amy is trying to get some experience into him and get him battle hardened for a tilt at one of the big ones in March and I think she's got her eyes on the big prize. I'm going to have a pony each way to that end at about 66/1 in the hopes that my theory is right. One never knows - if he's good enough he's most certainly old enough. And that's my think outside the box early doors antepost Chelt selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Klassical gone off a cliff since the supreme

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Or else the supreme was weaker than we initially thought ( me included).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Nah, needed the run first time up and the mistake yesterday ended his chances.
    Not a superstar but a very good animal.
    Don't give up

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

See Kalashnikov is favourite for the Paddy Power on Wednesday. This horse is far too good to be going down the handicapping route. I reckon Amy is trying to get some experience into him and get him battle hardened for a tilt at one of the big ones in March and I think she's got her eyes on the big prize. I'm going to have a pony each way to that end at about 66/1 in the hopes that my theory is right. One never knows - if he's good enough he's most certainly old enough. And that's my think outside the box early doors antepost Chelt selection.

Hes giving Lalor 12lbs in that race on Wednesday. They started practically the same price in the Arkle 10months ago but neither finished. I think Lalor at 10/1 is better value than Kalashnikov at 7/2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think it is very early to be writing off Klassical Dream.

He was only winning a maiden 12 months ago in fairness.

Mistakes are great for horses to make and if I am being honest knowing what they are capable of down in Closutton he was probably never beating Sharjah yesterday either. Cockadoodledoooo.

I would like to see him going chasing. But if he stays over hurdles I still reckon he could be anything. I have a hunch about the horse. 10/1 for the Champion Hurdle could be massive if he wins next time out. Had he won yesterday he would have been 2/1 for Cheltenham. As I said he is still inexperienced.

The best thing about the Champion Hurdle market now, is that the Brits have a few chances and that is great if you fancy something else, as you can look forward to a nice price.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/champion-hurdle/winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Riquelme

Hes giving Lalor 12lbs in that race on Wednesday. They started practically the same price in the Arkle 10months ago but neither finished. I think Lalor at 10/1 is better value than Kalashnikov at 7/2.

Except for Lalor seemingly turning into a pig of a horse since the Cheltenham trials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Couldn't back Lalor in a two horse race.

Sam spinner out for the season. Pity

7/2 is value imo, don't think i'll bother having a bet in the race though. Will have a look at the decs tomorrow and see. Mainly looking forward to see him putting it all together to stake his claim as a genuine contender for whatever races he's currently well down the pecking order in.

A horse I feel could be anything with plenty of untapped potential. Could be one of the greats in years to come. Don't need to have a punt to enjoy watching the greats - unless they're a backable price :):p that is.

7/2 is value imo, don't think i'll bother having a bet in the race though. Will have a look at the decs tomorrow and see. Mainly looking forward to see him putting it all together to stake his claim as a genuine contender for whatever races he's currently well down the pecking order in.

A horse I feel could be anything with plenty of untapped potential. Could be one of the greats in years to come. Don't need to have a punt to enjoy watching the greats - unless they're a backable price :):p that is.

Wasn't expecting that at all. Run was too bad to be true. Hope something
    comes to light to renew diminishing confidence and he heads to Prestbury
    Park in fine fettle. Otherwise, be a shame if he's not the horse I thought he
    was.
    Only positive to be taken out of the race from a Kalashnikov fan perspective is the same horse that beat him the last day by a nose won by the same margin to give the form of the Newbury race a boost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

We could have a Australian runner at Naas on Sunday. Big Blue has been entered for the Limestone Lad Hurdle. Did we ever had a Australian jump horse or any horse from Down Under, for that matter, ever race in Ireland? Any info on that would be greatly appreciated by this poster!!

Interesting. The only thing close I recall is a horse that finished 2nd in the Japan Cup appearing in a stakes race at balllybrit. What was even more bizarre is it went off at 9/2, one of the great mysteries. It was called pop rock.

An Australian jumper at Naas ..... a first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

The Galmoy tomorrow is an absolute cracker. Grade 1 standard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

BoldReason wrote: »
    The Galmoy tomorrow is an absolute cracker. Grade 1 standard

Absolute scenes when Death Duty hacks up, jumping them all into the ground and heads to the GC for redemption!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Absolutely love this meeting at Gowran every year

A few years back RTÉ showed the thystes day live. Pity they don’t now

• Advertisement

A few years back RTÉ showed the thystes day live. Pity they don’t now

It is on RTE tomorrow

RTE 2 from 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Laurina holds an entry in the Quevega Hurdle at Punchestown next Wednesday.

Black Tears, Elfile, Magic Of Light, Relegate, Stormy Ireland and Well Set Up among the 12 entries.

So, Laurina V Stormy Ireland ....who does PT ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CORMACREYN

Laurina holds an entry in the Quevega Hurdle at Punchestown next Wednesday.

Black Tears, Elfile, Magic Of Light, Relegate, Stormy Ireland and Well Set Up among the 12 entries.

So, Laurina V Stormy Ireland ....who does PT ride?

She also has an entry a day later in a mares novice chase at Thurles.

Advertisement