Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Darasso with an entry in the Saville chase at Leopardstown. This is a horse i reckon has a big future.
    Don't have an account with them but William Hill are going 25/1 to win any race at Cheltenham. 10's with Skybet , the only other bookie with a price on him according to Oddschecker.
    Anyone an opinion on him regards his possible Cheltenham target?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

maximo31 wrote: »
    Darasso with an entry in the Saville chase at Leopardstown. This is a horse i reckon has a big future.
    Don't have an account with them but William Hill are going 25/1 to win any race at Cheltenham. 10's with Skybet , the only other bookie with a price on him according to Oddschecker.
    Anyone an opinion on him regards his possible Cheltenham target?

He’s better over the minimum trip having watched him so far but he’s not even got an entry in the 2m chase at Xmas but the Savills one you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

February return possible for Le Richebourg, article on Irish racing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

JP telling Dave Yates (racing TV) 2m CC is the plan for Defi this year.
    I am surprised
    Presumed he would go Ryanair
    Might they try Le Richbourg over the extra 4f this year?

So it's Defi for the CC....

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Wonder is altior goes back to 2m will defi go Ryanair??

Some others things looking for some opinions

Le Bruil In national a pinstick but was interesting to see Jamie riding him over the big fences Saturday 40s could be value might have a small bet

Can penhill get back to best for another world hurdle??

Will Percy turn into a good cup horse this year??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

stretchaq wrote: »
    Wonder is altior goes back to 2m will defi go Ryanair??

Some others things looking for some opinions

Le Bruil In national a pinstick but was interesting to see Jamie riding him over the big fences Saturday 40s could be value might have a small bet

Can penhill get back to best for another world hurdle??

Will Percy turn into a good cup horse this year??

Definitely the horse to take out of the race, stayed on nicely under tender handling. Would still want a substantial price for The National but 40/1 could look huge on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Definitely the horse to take out of the race, stayed on nicely under tender handling. Would still want a substantial price for The National but 40/1 could look huge on the day!

Back to Cheltenham after the national weights announced perhaps?

BumperD wrote: »
    Back to Cheltenham after the national weights announced perhaps?

For what race??

Actually just looking through some old races any new on Mullins relegate won champion bumper 2018

For what race??

Actually just looking through some old races any new on Mullins relegate won champion bumper 2018

Same race as last year national hunt chase?

Same race as last year national hunt chase?

It’s for novices only !!

• Advertisement

It’s for novices only !!

Haha well scratch that ! Anything else he can go for ?

Haha well scratch that ! Anything else he can go for ?

Don’t see a race for him other than eidier or national need all of 4m

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

She's gone to Colm Murphys and is staying over hurdles this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What will Hennessy winner de rasher counter go to next or at Cheltenham? To me he looks a national type horse

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What will Hennessy winner de rasher counter go to next or at Cheltenham? To me he looks a national type horse

Can't believe the handicapper put him up to 160, looks harsh to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Really like the look of Festival Dex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

lemush wrote: »
    Can't believe the handicapper put him up to 160, looks harsh to me.

Kind of don't agwee, sort of , he looked thrown in. He beat the top weight by a couple of lengths. He got over a stone off him and the jockey felt he might have pushed the button too early. The top weight was weighted 160.

So 7 lbs for the win and then 2 lengths. It is one of those. 149 +7 = 156 and then your into the grey area of lbs per lengths. He looked all out.

ustari wrote: »
    Really like the look of Festival Dex.

+1

Would suggest taking the 40/1 Ribble Valley for the supreme as after Friday he'll be half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Would suggest taking the 40/1 Ribble Valley for the supreme as after Friday he'll be half that.

Potentially looks a hot Supreme this year.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Potentially looks a hot Supreme this year.

It does. This fellow is a future star if trained somewhere else would already be half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

It does. This fellow is a future star if trained somewhere else would already be half the price.

Ah that argument has been done to death for years. The price is the price. Off the top of my head look at Kalashnikov and Lalor in recent years, both from somewhat unfashionable yards but the horses did the talking and their prices reflected that. I remember a horse a few years ago for a Grade 1 in Ireland and the talk was that he’d be half the price if Noel Meade trained him - I think the horse had been 2/1 antepost favorite since the betting was opened.

The last 7 year old to win the supreme was Captain Cee Bee.

Nick Richards wouldn't be the type to be getting too fussed over the Cheltenham Festival. He could be resting him and laying him out for the big novice at Aintree? Or he might pull him on Friday to get him in off a nice weight for the handicap hurdle in Newbury. Do you know the connections?

The same tripe again about Cheltenham Ante Post. Save your spends for the week. Unless you directly know the connections of the horse you have no notion if the horse is even running, or where it is targeted. You're just giving the phuckers your money.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The last 7 year old to win the supreme was Captain Cee Bee.

Nick Richards wouldn't be the type to be getting too fussed over the Cheltenham Festival. He could be resting him and laying him out for the big novice at Aintree? Or he might pull him on Friday to get him in off a nice weight for the handicap hurdle in Newbury. Do you know the connections?
    The same tripe again about Cheltenham Ante Post. Save your spends for the week. Unless you directly know the connections of the horse you have no notion if the horse is even running, or where it is targeted. You're just giving the phuckers your money.

Absolute no chance of them pulling this beast for the Betfair hurdle and bypassing a grade 2, this isn't a mickey mouse novice up North. 7yo angle not a worry considering how lightly raced he is. Aintree is a distinct possibility considering the connections (Monets Garden) but at 40s I've no issue, you can't just tar every ante post market with the same brush although the value is getting rarer and rarer each season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Motivator wrote: »
    Ah that argument has been done to death for years. The price is the price. Off the top of my head look at Kalashnikov and Lalor in recent years, both from somewhat unfashionable yards but the horses did the talking and their prices reflected that. I remember a horse a few years ago for a Grade 1 in Ireland and the talk was that he’d be half the price if Noel Meade trained him - I think the horse had been 2/1 antepost favorite since the betting was opened.

Its a very valid argument imo.
    Literally daily evidence to prove that horses from top yards are often underpriced- especially novices and unexposed types.

Lads forget it, that absolute moron the racing blogger just him up on Twitter, he'd stop a jumbo jet. Poor connections.

Lads forget it, that absolute moron the racing blogger just him up on Twitter, he'd stop a jumbo jet. Poor connections.

Your going to have to elaborate on that statement, just a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I'm guessing he's referring to Nicky Richards record at the Cheltenham festival.

I envy you for not knowing who the racing blogger is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'm not on twitter and I know who he is!

Advertisement