Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    RTE is on, as is ITV. But 8 race meetings is not possible.

It will be basically split screen the entire time.

They are such a gang of greedy chunts at HRI. They should be investigated over that deal.

Will they throw RTE up on screens in the bookies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Ask them and they will, if there's enough screens that is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

There should be enough screens, you can always ask. They always keep a spare going in my local for essentials like the EastEnders omnibus, The six o'clock news and of course Fair City.

Don't be polite about asking. Tell them. Be assertive , " Throw on RTE there will you please? " no faffing around. They have about 20 remote controls behind the counter. Anyone who won't do it is just being painful.

If there is a bird working who gets poxy… , you can convince her to turn it on by lying to her. Tell her your sister is in the best dressed competition etc, or think of something else yourself. Go for it, this is not a dress rehearsal. I find smiling helps when I lie, people like it that way.

Is it not Turf TV in the bookies anyway? They can show different screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

21 races in Ireland on Stephen's Day across 3 fixtures, 7 each.

Assuming 7 races for each of the 8 fixtures in GB then that is 56 races.

77 races total over 3 and a half hours? Jesus.

Correction: Kempton only 6 races so 76 races. That's manageable for RTV so.

ustari wrote: »

I forgot about Down Royal. I can remember there not being coverage from there last year? Noel Meade always sends a few chances up there on Stephens Day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Nearly certain I heard Barry Orr on the Betfair Podcast that the Irish Racing on Stephens day would be on a additional digital channel solely for the Irish meetings

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

The Mig wrote: »
    Nearly certain I heard Barry Orr on the Betfair Podcast that the Irish Racing on Stephens day would be on a additional digital channel solely for the Irish meetings

Yep, wasn't sure what digital channel meant though?
    Is that on the Sky box?

Or on the website where the streams were apparently terrible for the dedicated punchestown feed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Yep, wasn't sure what digital channel meant though?
    Is that on the Sky box?

Or on the website where the streams were apparently terrible for the dedicated punchestown feed.
    I wasn't sure of it myself. Surely they wouldn't go to the extent to add a new channel to a Sky box or whatever subscription you have for 1 day only. I'd be of the thinking that it's an online channel for solely the irish meets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Can be 8 at some meetings :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Samcro V Faugheen
    The ultimate head v heart for me..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Samcro V Faugheen
    The ultimate head v heart for me..........

samcro . simples

They both look iffy jumpers. Should be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Samcro jumped fine last time. He basically made 1 mistake that day. 2 if you want to be very critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BoldReason wrote: »
    Samcro jumped fine last time. He basically made 1 mistake that day. 2 if you want to be very critical.

Thought he was a bit 'careful' but being up close to the bold as brass Fakir maybe it's not a fair reflection.

The more I watch the replay, the more I think Samcro beats Fakir on the bit though. He'll destroy Faugheen.

Thought he was a bit 'careful' but being up close to the bold as brass Fakir maybe it's not a fair reflection.

The more I watch the replay, the more I think Samcro beats Fakir on the bit though. He'll destroy Faugheen.

I actually thought the opposite. Thought in real time samcro would have won but the pace that Fakir showed from the second last was unreal.

It's a guessing game but i think it would have been close.

Also agree Samcro will win imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

akelly02 wrote: »
    samcro . simples

Has to, surely.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Has to, surely.....

So much good racing on stephens day . so many stars on show!

glad i gave up betting or id lose me hole id say !!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

I like the Racing Blogger. Met him before at Clonmel of all places. His videos are highly amusing. I love when he’s interviewing Aidan O’Brien or Gosden or Mullins or whoever with the selfie stick. He was interviewing PC Boudout right after he won the Arc. Gas character.

I like the Racing Blogger. Met him before at Clonmel of all places. His videos are highly amusing. I love when he’s interviewing Aidan O’Brien or Gosden or Mullins or whoever with the selfie stick. He was interviewing PC Boudout right after he won the Arc. Gas character.

Ah here... i massively agree. I would be the first to wish him good luck etc if I met him. He is having a laugh and enjoying his racing, it is what its all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Almost certain he comes from or has family in Clonmel,well to do family too!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Agrapart imo is the bet of the weekend without Paisley Park in the Marsh Hurdle at Ascot on this Saturday at 2:25 pm. Loves monsoon conditions, which he will get at his mercy. He quite literally needs a quagmire, all his best form is on bog conditions and did win a flat race at the same track, in May of this year.

He is a highest priced 28/1 for the race, but more realistically a win bet on the Nick Williams trained horse, without Paisley Park is the best option. Once a bookmaker starts pricing up this market, then get the early price for this mud lover. He will shorten in price, without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Agrapart imo is the bet of the weekend without Paisley Park in the Marsh Hurdle at Ascot on this Saturday at 2:25 pm. Loves monsoon conditions, which he will get at his mercy. He quite literally needs a quagmire, all his best form is on bog conditions and did win a flat race at the same track, in May of this year.

He is a highest priced 28/1 for the race, but more realistically a win bet on the Nick Williams trained horse, without Paisley Park is the best option. Once a bookmaker starts pricing up this market, then get the early price for this mud lover. He will shorten in price, without a doubt.

That 28/1 is looking extremely good given how today is panning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

That 28/1 is looking extremely good given how today is panning out.

Do you avoid the rule 4’s

I want to take on l ami serge given Henderson’s need the run fto

I’ll try the mare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

BumperD wrote: »
    Do you avoid the rule 4’s

Ah, hadn't seen that PP was gone before I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭del roy

BumperD wrote: »
    I want to take on l ami serge given Henderson’s need the run fto

1.03 in running

Allmankind the juvenile winner for Skelton the standout over the last week for me. A Plus Tard next

Spent his races last season trying to get Klassical Dream beat. Backed Sharjah in the Morgiana. No bet today. Pure typical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

BoldReason wrote: »
    Spent his races last season trying to get Klassical Dream beat. Backed Sharjah in the Morgiana. No bet today. Pure typical.

Always the way isn’t it

Advertisement