Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Agreed... Was thinking along the same lines. Would be nice to even hear a pass/fail. Shall see what this week brings!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

I personally believe results will be out on Friday for those that have already completed their AC’s. They are usually good with communication and would have let us know by now if it was to be the case they were going to defer results.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Best of luck to everyone applying.

If anyone has any questions they'd rather not post on the open forum, feel free to drop me a PM.

Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Bafta12 wrote: »
    I personally believe results will be out on Friday for those that have already completed their AC’s. They are usually good with communication and would have let us know by now if it was to be the case they were going to defer results.

I hope you are right, was thinking the same myself. If we at least got our result, we would at least know where we stand. Happy to wait until end of Jan for placing just want to know if I am going to be placed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Robbie200490

Just done my A/C yesterday and it's was an experience to say the least. Defiantly thinking back I could of done and said so much more but the pressure and nerves can get the better of you. Oh well here's being hopeful!

• Advertisement

Just done my A/C yesterday and it's was an experience to say the least. Defiantly thinking back I could of done and said so much more but the pressure and nerves can get the better of you. Oh well here's being hopeful!

I feel like Ive made a mess of mine at this stage, nearly 4 months to think about it 😂😂 I wouldn't stress too much, most feel the same, even the ones that finish at the top of the merit list feel they could have done better. We should have our results very soon, you can be thankful you dont have to wait that long on your result now.

I can imagine if I had to wait for months thinking about it I'd be going crazy lol hopefully we get something soon and get put outta our misery

Good luck for your result and to everyone else, been a long year, hopefully a bit of good news to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Good luck for your result and to everyone else, been a long year, hopefully a bit of good news to finish it

Si_zx10r, and Robbie200490, i know exactly how you feel - the more i thought about my A/C the more i panicked i had messed it up :rolleyes:. Both ways are exhausting though - i don't know which i would prefer - to have to wait for my A/C until now or to just wait for the results - i did mine in September, so if i had to do my A/C now, at least i could have been a bit wiser until now, lol :))) I didn't make either of the FT groups, so, just being hopeful for this Friday for a pass. Good luck everyone!

Fingers crossed we get our results on Friday. Wasn't really thinking about it much over the last while due to the length of the wait but I would lying if I said I wasn't starting to worry about my result now we are nearing results day 🙈🙈 I'm not holding out much hope of a pass at this stage but will be over the moon if I do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

Anyone else still waiting on their vetting results and a medical date?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting on their vetting results and a medical date?

Me! Submitted my vetting 7 weeks ago and did my PCA 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    Me! Submitted my vetting 7 weeks ago and did my PCA 3 weeks ago

Same here, I’m thinking maybe they are only giving medical dates to those who have passed vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Same here, I’m thinking maybe they are only giving medical dates to those who have passed vetting?

Na I think it’s just they have space for the medical now and they have allocated the next bunch of applicants a date. I’m pretty sure they send ya an email if you pass the vetting.

It’s the waiting that feels like the hardest part in the whole process don’t ya think? :)

Update emails just came out... Results are not being released till the 29th of January now! Hold in there guys

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Just got an email about results, 29th of January it is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brodin2693

Almost a year from applying! At least that’s some sort of update! Just keep holding on folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Think it’s a bit ridiculous that we get the email 2 days before the results were due. They have known for weeks surely but still waited until the last minute before providing us with an update.

Think it’s a bit ridiculous that we get the email 2 days before the results were due. They have known for weeks surely but still waited until the last minute before providing us with an update.

That’s my feeling too, trying not to be annoyed about it because it is what it is at the end of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Irishman84!

Brodin2693 wrote: »
    That’s my feeling too, trying not to be annoyed about it because it is what it is at the end of the day!

Trying to not be annoyed with it myself but surely they could have advised those of us waiting 5 months for the results if we had passed or failed then give us ML end of Jan. bit of a shambles to tell us with 2 days to go

• Advertisement

Same here, guys. Just got the email as well. How i wish i knew at least if I have passed. Well, we just have to wait and hope. Good luck everyone waiting for results and A/Cs and enjoy the Christmas hols in hope. At least we still have chances xx

Sucks for everyone, another 8 weeks and fingers crossed this will all be behind us 🙈 will be reapplying for the psni before we get our results at this rate 😂😂

Sucks for everyone, another 8 weeks and fingers crossed this will all be behind us 🙈 will be reapplying for the psni before we get our results at this rate 😂😂

Just to do the AC all over again for the craic 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

😂😂have done that before. Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

That’s a shame the results aren’t out until Jan now but hang in there. Hopefully it’s positive news for everyone!

It’s a long long process for sure. As I said way back in this thread you could be talking from application to starting GV it could be 2 years odd

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

Shame that you're having to wait longer on your results, the waiting is the hardest part at times to be honest. You're right about the potential for 2 years, I'm still waiting on getting an enrolment date for the training college from the 2018 campaign. Hopefully you've all smashed the AC so you're not waiting as long as I've been!

The PSNI have also updated their website regarding the new results release date - by close on the 29th of January. If there is a new campaign in the meantime i will be re-applying :P I wonder if that's allowed :pac:

mariyapsni wrote: »
    The PSNI have also updated their website regarding the new results release date - by close on the 29th of January. If there is a new campaign in the meantime i will be re-applying :P I wonder if that's allowed :pac:

You can no problem, many people do it

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

i wonder if they will be doing another recruitment in January, i thought they would have skipped a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Can't see there being another recruitment any time soon if I'm honest. I can see their budget being slashed post March and who knows if that will have any knock on effects for the current campaigns.

I proper feel sorry for all of you in the 2020 campaign waiting on those AC results. Nothing short of shambolic imo. Those of us who are still left in the 2018 campaign feel your pain. We've been hit with setback after setback due to covid etc. We don't even know when our next intake will be. So god knows when you guys will get in.

Advertisement