Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Woosies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Woosies.

Not really , wife is not long after an operation she sore and feels cold.
    I'm doing daddy and mammy so needed the stove lit also to dry clothes ,my son is special needs and get through a lot of clean clothes in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Frost in places tonight ,Athenry down to 4 degrees @ 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Woosies.

even I lit the stove yesterday and it has to be cold for me to do that, believe me.

Just a couple of hours to take the edge off the chill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Cars all frosted over. 3° Meath.

• Advertisement

Eerily still out here. SILENCE! Calm before storm.. will go for a short wander at first light...But so still it makes you stop and listen.. rare this happens.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Frost on the cars here in cork city this morning. Thin but it’s there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Had a bit of frost this morning, just the front windscreen and the roof of the car.

Earliest frost I have recorded in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lovely day out there, blue sky and sun is shining, might even get the grass cut later on

Day has turned out to be great in cork city. Warmed up from the cold this morning and blue skies with a little cloud

• Advertisement

Getting cold now again in Cork City. A real chill in the air tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Overnight low of just 0.2c last night with a grass frost of -2.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

What's the weather for Saturday and Sunday? Everyone too busy focused on the storm

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

US2 wrote: »
    What's the weather for Saturday and Sunday? Everyone too busy focused on the storm

Rain likely on Saturday , 17 degrees, moderate breezes

Dry sunday 16 degrees, moderate breezes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Didnt light the woodstove last night as I was out and the home heating kicked in for the first time since last spring and back on again this moring.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

^^Heating has been almost on every day for the past month here!

Nice enough morning today but turned into a miserable dark drizzly day in Letterkenny, lights on all afternoon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We've had the fire lit each evening since the current unsettled spell started on Saturday 21st of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We turned the heating system back onto the winter schedule and the radiators were kicking in each day. Until today anyway... very mild so the house is a bit warmer.
    Weirdly mild out today compared to yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Rotten morning in Dublin

Horrible morning here, lots of rain, close to 30mm again, thats near 160mm in 2 weeks, will be a while before the grass is cut again,

RTE news special on now for Lorenzo, reporters in places over in the west, where there doesnt look to be much happening, i wonder will we have this sort of reporting from now on when yellow warnings are announced, i hope not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

14th straight day with measurable rain, I think that may be a record here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Horrible morning here, lots of rain, close to 30mm again, thats near 160mm in 2 weeks, will be a while before the grass is cut again,

RTE news special on now for Lorenzo, reporters in places over in the west, where there doesnt look to be much happening, i wonder will we have this sort of reporting from now on when yellow warnings are announced, i hope not

I am not sure I will even be able to cut the grass till next year. Our garden has been a swampy mess now for nearly two weeks with no drying whatsoever in that time. My driveway has basically been waterlogged for the past week, really bad again this morning. I reckon 2012 was the last time I've seen the garden this bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    another wet and miserable day here at Dunshaughlin, it's been raining close to 24 hours now.

now the September monthly rainfall totals for Dunsany are in..... I was expecting it to beat March 2019 making September the second wettest month of the year. We certainly beat March, we have also beaten August, making September 2019 the wettest month of 2019 so far.

September 2019 - 125mm
    August 2019 - 123.9mm
    March 2019 - 109.4mm

Over 100mm of rain has fallen here over the past week, making this week propably the wettest week in several years perhaps.

Dunsany's wettest 7-day period in late September was 22nd-28th with 59.2mm making it the wettest only since 6-12 August which had 71.1mm with 31.0mm of this falling on the 9th and 20.1mm on the 10th.

From 21st-30th September (a 10-day period), Dunsany recorded 92.2mm which was the wettest 10-day period since 27 Feb-8 Mar 2018 which recorded 108.0mm although most of this was snow (53.2mm on 2nd March from Storm Emma) so not really comparable. 3-12 Dec 2015 was close with 91.4mm. Not counting the snow in 2018, the 10-day period mentioned in September 2019 was the wettest at Dunsany since 5-14 Nov 2014 which had 97.3mm.

Data from Met Éireann.

Gonzo wrote: »
    I am not sure I will even be able to cut the grass till next year. Our garden has been a swampy mess now for nearly two weeks with no drying whatsoever in that time. My driveway has basically been waterlogged for the past week, really bad again this morning. I reckon 2012 was the last time I've seen the garden this bad.

Yeah same here now, water is lying on it now, but hopefully it drys quick enough as it slopes down to the drains, helps that the sun is out now to and its breezy

Mercurial ...restless

Just been outside to investigate noise levels!. Seemed more than the usual rocks on rocks of high tide.

Big breakers rolling in and sounding loud. Disturbed ocean. Unsettled after last night. White water..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Yeah same here now, water is lying on it now, but hopefully it drys quick enough as it slopes down to the drains, helps that the sun is out now to and its breezy

Here's the ground conditions on my farm yesterday, just before the latest rain that only amounted to 3.2mm
    Similar today
    Sunny in Arklow now and touching 17c

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1179694348792934400?s=19

Lovely autumn afternoon out here. Sunshine and just a light breeze.. Lorenzo fades into the memory...

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fairly mild out !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

At least it brought some warm air up towards us...was very cold the days before

• Advertisement

Beautiful evening; after the storm last night the peace is palpable.

Oh I just heard Upright Cow - or bull!

Advertisement