Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely out. A short stroll as the sun rose in cloud over the mountains. Dry and cool and fresh; a real autumn morning .. still blackberries to pick, although the rose hedging is starting to change to autumn hues. Enjoying the early hours after first full light. Ocean calm and reflecting the land.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice bright morning in Letterkenny with milky sunshine though cloud starting to thicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Rotten morning in cork city, been raining for about 20 minutes (possibly more during the night) and looks like it will continue all afternoon. Heavy enough too
    Started lashing in the city around 7.30. Seem to be alternating between good and bad days the last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yep midman my bad raining since that time here too I just woke up though and was groggy hah!

Still lashing here anyway. It’s a cold rain too. Not nice

The rain has reached us... dark, grey , cold. Even lit the turf fire... ah well!

west mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain just started here at Dunshaughlin, looks like we are in for a very wet day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Not sure about the weather warnings nothing for Clare or Connacht yet the radar shows heaviest rain is here it's lashing in Galway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Not sure about the weather warnings nothing for Clare or Connacht yet the radar shows heaviest rain is here it's lashing in Galway

I reckon it's going further north than originally predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Rain now in Glasnevin. And it's quite cool as well @ 12.4C.

Storm 10 wrote: »

Serious deluges up here too and nothing on met yet; maybe all out at lunch ;) horizon to horizon vertical water...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

It's currently p1ss1ng it down here in Newbridge

Still awful in cork city. Non stop since half 7 now and heavy too. You get soaked if your outside for two minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It's currently p1ss1ng it down here in Newbridge

Pissing in Limerick city as well.

Just seen the latest rainfall radar image on met.ie.. wow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Awful in DCC, moderate to heavy persistent rain.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Awful in DCC, moderate to heavy persistent rain.

much heavier looking rain moving close to Dublin and Meath now. Very cool as well, temperatures 9 to 13C for most of us, a bit milder in the south, but wet everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Torrential rain in Galway roads flooded as is my back garden yellow warnings in the wrong places with this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Witnessing the heavier echos over North Dublin now. Proper drenching. Seems to have been a good heavier again line of rain covering the N4. Can't have been a happy drive for anyone on it.

Still lashing in cork city. Meant to dry up in a few and then start again later on according to 1pm news. Awful

gutters overflowing here yet again. The water logging from Saturday's rain was still here this morning and is growing again with today's rain. My garden is a complete mess with all the rain over the past 9 days, it would take over a week of dry and windy weather to dry it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

In all my years living in athenry I’ve never seen the forecast so consistently wrong as it has been the last 2 months
    Horrific

What’s the criteria for rainfall yellow warning again ............

All we need today is 16mm of rain to fall for September to be the second wettest month of the year, August gone by is the wettest, but if this was to last for the rest of the day, August's rainfall totals could even get beaten.

Absolutely horrendous conditions outside, surface water running down all roads, side roads partially flooded and gutters overflowing everywhere.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dismal afternoon in Dublin. 10.0mm since midday in Dublin 16. 12.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

One of the worst days of the year easily, really lashing it out of the heavens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Horrific out there now, not even mild out.

Closing in on 130mm for September now.

So much for the “September is usually nice and fine”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Raining consistently since I woke at 7. Awful driving conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

pad199207 wrote: »
    Horrific out there now, not even mild out.

Closing in on 130mm for September now.

So much for the “September is usually nice and fine”

Closing in on 175 after 299 last month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

km79 wrote: »
    In all my years living in athenry I’ve never seen the forecast so consistently wrong as it has been the last 2 months
    Horrific

What’s the criteria for rainfall yellow warning again ............

Surprised Galway left out of the warning. Some of the usual flood spots were very close to being impassible. Saw a car that had left the road and hit the wall at Greaney glass where the road is flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

km79 wrote: »
    Closing in on 175 after 299 last month

Show off ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Iv'e been really surprised about the saturday's rain warning and today's, Meath was left of both and i reckon we'll get close to 70mm from both systems, i never criticise ME but do they think the rain starts fizzling out as it crosses the borders into counties thats not included.

Advertisement