Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I have a temporary new boss who was supposed to be in the seat for 3 months, he decided that he could use me as his "assistant" and basically restricted me from my aerial job.... not amused, but discovered today that old guy is coming back on Monday, so i will be FREE :):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

On the way home from work......another day another dollar :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,245 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hope your job is going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside exhausted, how is it only Wednesday? I feel ready to crawl into bed already.

Couchside exhausted, how is it only Wednesday? I feel ready to crawl into bed already.

Just think biscuit tournament :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Well la-de-da Mr Big Bucks

Autosport wrote: »
    Just think biscuit tournament :D

It's far too polite for my liking, the crisp one was epic. No one was insulting me so I'm out!

It's far too polite for my liking, the crisp one was epic. No one was insulting me so I'm out!

Get your minging ass back over there :P

Get your minging ass back over there :P

That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Finishing up at the tech desk. Feeling angry. Little G came home from school upset today. Her teacher asked all the kids who's parents had paid the annual payment for photocopying and stuff to raise their hands. I pay it every year, but haven't paid this years yet. Too busy paying for the books, uniform, footwear, stationery and not forgetting the usual bills, like keeping the roof over our heads, heat and light. Some food too.:rolleyes:

WTF kind of teacher does something so fooking insensitive. It comes across as some kind of fund raising tactic. Lets embarrass the kids so they'll moan to Mammy or Daddy and they'll pay up pronto.

Seriously pissed off.:mad:

• Advertisement

That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

:pac:

I have more where that came from :D

Grandeeod wrote:
    WTF kind of teacher does something so fooking insensitive. It comes across as some kind of fund raising tactic. Lets embarrass the kids so they'll moan to Mammy or Daddy and they'll pay up pronto.

Pay them the lot in one cent coins.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Finishing up at the tech desk. Feeling angry. Little G came home from school upset today. Her teacher asked all the kids who's parents had paid the annual payment for photocopying and stuff to raise their hands. I pay it every year, but haven't paid this years yet. Too busy paying for the books, uniform, footwear, stationery and not forgetting the usual bills, like keeping the roof over our heads, heat and light. Some food too.:rolleyes:

That's the kind of stunt the nuns would have pulled years ago. I'd be straight in to see the principal after that, what kind of idiot does that in front of a group, never mind children?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Pay them the lot in one cent coins.

5c coins Ted, in memory of the majestic crisp tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Raise it at the next Parent Association meeting.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Well la-de-da Mr Big Bucks

Ha, I wish brother tedo :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I'd be straight up to the principal to complain, how f*cking demeaning and insensitive to the kids involved :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

That's shocking Grandeeod, that kinda sh!te should be long over. Something similarish happened at my son's school last week. In P.E. class they were all getting weighed, teacher said to them hands up who didn't want their weight read out.....I'm of the opinion that this information doesn't need to be shared with the class to begin with; teenagers have enough f€ckin issues to be dealing with aside from fun being made of their weight.

fmpisces wrote: »
    That's shocking Grandeeod, that kinda sh!te should be long over. Something similarish happened at my son's school last week. In P.E. class they were all getting weighed, teacher said to them hands up who didn't want their weight read out.....I'm of the opinion that this information doesn't need to be shared with the class to begin with; teenagers have enough f€ckin issues to be dealing with aside from fun being made of their weight.

And did the teacher get weighed aswell???

And did the teacher get weighed aswell???

There was no mention of it Autosport but I doubt it. My son is very tall for his age and a broad build, in truth he carries a little extra weight but it's a good job he's not too sensitive about it. For others in his class/the whole school that might not be the case.

• Advertisement

There was no mention of it Autosport but I doubt it. My son is very tall for his age and a broad build, in truth he carries a little extra weight but it's a good job he's not too sensitive about it. For others in his class/the whole school that might not be the case.

Not the point though, the teacher should have more sense than to try and embarrass kids

Not the point though, the teacher should have more sense than to try and embarrass kids

I totally agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I have a thick skin and wouldn't usually be one to get over sensitive with these things. However, like your example, society has to move on to a point where blatant humiliation tactics aren't used. Our "new" Irish society is happy to rant about smokers, drinkers, fast food eaters etc. etc. in its pursuit of perfection. If this "perfection" includes attempts at embarrassing kids in a classroom over issues their parents are responsible for (like my responsibility for making the payment) then we are sinking lower and lower as a society.

My daughter is 11, starting puberty. She needs constant support and encouragement which we give her. BS like this can turn a good kid in school to one that loses interest very quickly. It won't happen on my watch because I'm a child of the 70s/80s where schools/teachers were monsters driven by religion and class. Sad to see that a few aspects are still around some schools these days.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Fireside reading Marie Kondo "Spark Joy" and I find I like her. I now know how to fold a bra. Strangely satisfying.

Tried to revive a sick kitten but I think it was too late.

Fireside reading Marie Kondo "Spark Joy" and I find I like her. I now know how to fold a bra. Strangely satisfying.

Tried to revive a sick kitten but I think it was too late.

Ah Widders, sorry to hear about the poor kitty.

{{HUGS}}

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I will be occupied for the next hour due to

Kevin ( Ch4 Now )

Homeside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

0lddog wrote: »
    I will be occupied for the next hour due to

Kevin ( Ch4 Now )

Homeside
    There’s something about Kevin, all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,833 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Contemplating turning off the tv and going to bed . Wtf is wrong with me :o

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Contemplating turning off the tv and going to bed . Wtf is wrong with me :o

Mam 90 day fiancé is on now, don’t leave me watching it all alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Anyone see any tumbleweed in here recently?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement