Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Laying on hotel bed luckiest man is gone for breakfast sending me pics of his breakfast, there’s mushrooms on his plate, I might get room service!!
    Going to the spa today, he’s acting like he’s not bothered but he’s delighted he’s being made go, he would never go alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside, espresso and sun shining in the window. Going to see the new Metallica S&M2 in the cinema tonight! It's a good Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Walk in the brisk crisp Autumn air with himself. Need a better term of endearment than himself and oh. This is such a beautiful country if you tune in to your surroundings. Time for Tay:)

Oh and it's nippy enough to need a hat the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ah bugger, what's on ya Mak?

I've come down with a chest/throat infection two days ago and its knocked the crap out of me.

Today is race day and if it wasn't army (macho lol) I'd be out of it, but the lads would never let me live it down if I didn't at least go out on my shield lol

So had a decent breakfast, packed my survival pack

492657.jpg

And about to get my game face on :D

Just reading back through the posts. I'm sorry to learn that so many are battling anxiety etc. The changing seasons can trigger a flare up, I find. There's something about this time of year that makes people very contemplative and introspective. Evaluating the year and all that has passed.

As someone said, if you live a very full life you'll have very full feelings. Made sense to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Vesta31

On the couch having pringles, I should be at DBT but I've blown it off and I'm saying nope, I'm not an adult today. I'll eat all of the sweeties instead and watch Dirty Dancing.

Lovely bright crisp morning, me & doggy had great walk.
    Off to spend the afternoon with my 2 favourite little people, I could eat them they're so cute!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Managed a run to aldi so missus is making shepherd's pie! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Out and about for a time this morning - Mr Pretzill is not having a good time of it healthwise, so I got some makings of a tasty stew for later. As Widdershins said the changing seasons can knock us down, I don't like the dark evenings but I have lived so close to nature I have learned to appreciate bright winter days (like today) and the fact that before Christmas around the 21st the light starts to return - there's always a lot of winter left after that but I begin to feel better when the light returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

In Seville, first time for me..it's lovely and warm..naturally having a small beer looking at a map, not sure where I am exactly but it doesn't really matter..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pretzill wrote: »
    Out and about for a time this morning - Mr Pretzill is not having a good time of it healthwise, so I got some makings of a tasty stew for later. As Widdershins said the changing seasons can knock us down, I don't like the dark evenings but I have lived so close to nature I have learned to appreciate bright winter days (like today) and the fact that before Christmas around the 21st the light starts to return - there's always a lot of winter left after that but I begin to feel better when the light returns.

I love the dark evenings in Winter. I wish we could have really great Summer weather but pitch dark by 5pm.:eek:

Tech desk getting told off by an eejit.:D Made burgers earlier. Haven't cooked mine yet. Having midweek beers at home this evening as nobody available for midweek pints.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Homeside, the weekend is in sight.

Any update on Dave's Euromillions win?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside rubbing my belly after dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Watching a Netflix series called Rebellion about Ireland circa 1916. Pretty watchable.

Off to Paris in a few hours, then train across France to Basel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Between classes. Break.

Homeside, the weekend is in sight.

Any update on Dave's Euromillions win?

HAHAHA 4 miserable euros Leg!! Not even enough for a pint! Well, in Dublin anyway :p

Currently Hospitalside.. one of my ailments last week has gone up a few notches. Hopefully no morgue visits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Home after a very tough 10k road race. Despite a dreadful chest & throat infection I enjoyed myself

492688.jpg

Now I think I deserve a few beers lol

Home after a very tough 10k road race. Despite a dreadful chest & throat infection I enjoyed myself

Now I think I deserve a few beers lol

Fair play Mak! That’s some accomplishment with an ailment! Beastmode! \m/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jaysis well done Mak, few hot ones in order too I think ;)

I'd love to slap this fooker. Don't care if he has a Boards account.:mad: A snippet of the chat.

Fooker: Hey G. You know I love your work man.

G: Doesn't sound like it. Your changes make no sense and I explained why yesterday.

Fooker: These changes are important to the end product.

G: The changes will make the end product worse. The version I have produced is the one I stand over.

Fooker: Listen man, I think your age and experience is clouding your judgement on this.

(Red rag to a bull)

G: Stop calling me man. You know my name. My age has nothing to do with it. My experience has. Loads younger than me just as good or better. This is about me knowing what I do and you not knowing anything about what I do. You're a marketing person.

Fooker: I'm a marketing executive, not a marketing person. Stop being so disrespectful. People like you rely on us for work. Make the changes.

G: Email me confirmation that you have ordered these changes.

Fooker: Just do it.

Last communication ignored by me. Leaving tech desk and getting a beer. Enough is enough of these billy no lives.:D

• Advertisement

Grandeeod... marketing person... and the following comment was magical! So defensive over a title.. that “person” needs to get a grip.

Please, it's morketing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

IamMetalDave, hope the hospitalside doesn't become a long stay , hope you're ok .

Makikomi , you look after yourself too !

Grandeeod , fair dues to you , get a beer !

Leggy , what did you spend your winnings on ? :p

Pretzill , hope Mr Pretzill is feeling a little less down soon too :)

And I think that's it , oh , Grem , hope that pie was great !
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ha ha, something tells me that morketing person is letting their age and lack of experience make them defensive :pac:

Beer in hand and that knob head can get to F.....:D

This is what I usually hang over one of my monitors. A happy feel good place.

Welcome.jpg

This is the version hanging now. Please note the software has been project closed so you don't see what well known Irish Company has a Marketing agency acting the dick on their behalf.:D

Whatever.jpg

That is all.:D

Well Mam, I've put a deposit on a custom made, gold plated Bentley. I'll winter in a soon to be acquired chalet in the Swiis Alps, and summer in a soon to acquired home in The Hamptons.

I'm afraid that's as far as I've gotten so far ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

@Mam of 4
    Hope you are settling into your new home now. Enjoy the peace and quiet!

Aston Martin Vanquish in black or anthracite pls Legs.

I'm making honey & ginger beetroot cubes. I just suddenly got a huge gra for it.

Then some sofa sprawling with a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Eleysian wrote: »
    @Mam of 4
    Hope you are settling into your new home now. Enjoy the peace and quiet!

Thanks Eleysian , the peace is lovely :)
    Will eventually settle , I assume it's the same feeling for anyone who hasn't moved house for a few decades , we'll get there !

Hope things are good with you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Well Mam, I've put a deposit on a custom made, gold plated Bentley. I'll winter in a soon to be acquired chalet in the Swiis Alps, and summer in a soon to acquired home in The Hamptons.

I'm afraid that's as far as I've gotten so far ...

Oh you'll adore The Hamptons, dawwwwwling. We summer there from time to time. Simply wonderful people, you really must go. The Bently Bentley might be a bit ostentatious...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement