Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

They're strong enough to cope with bales being put in if done with a bit of sympathy. Well chopped bales especially will quickly fall apart. I prefer to shake them out on the ground and then load. Less groaning you hear the tractor doing dealing with whole bales can only be a good thing. Gearbox goes you might as well scrap it as they're so expensive to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Saw this loaded up yesterday heading to the boat for Scotland. Wouldn’t be much call for it round here.
    (Sorry for poor pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

No doubt she'd be a beast when you'd have her on a tractor,but shur lorries are very common with 6k gallon tanks hauling slurry about,especially round here over the next month with lads full up & unable to land spread with the ban & wet land.

With the right tractor in front of her at least you'd have a load with you on tarmac. Although imagine the law permits anyone from 16 up with a licence hook her up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Local piggery has an older DAF truck with way over a million km on her, pulling a 6000 gallon ( ex oil tanker) tank.
    Runs ten hours a day from September till May.
    Over the summer local farmers are able to keep the piggery tanks down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭Grueller

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Local piggery has an older DAF truck with way over a million km on her, pulling a 6000 gallon ( ex oil tanker) tank.

Boss here drove a daf maybe 20 years ago. She had 1.8 million miles on her. She was a bit like triggers brush. Feck all of the original parts still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Nekarsulm wrote: »

A piggery here has the same set up except it's an old milk tanker. Fills it with an agitator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

Did anyone ever hear of a 5110 Ford? I never did.... It also has the older analogue dash even though it's a Gen 111...

Nice looking example though..... https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-5110/26874310

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Can anyone recommend where I might be able to get a second hand door for a Mf 4255? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭Grueller

RedPeppers wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend where I might be able to get a second hand door for a Mf 4255? Thanks

Google Ned Murphy Massey salvage

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Grueller wrote: »
    Google Ned Murphy Massey salvage

Cheers unfortunately no joy there - none in stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Try Neville Stanley, Rathdowney, Co. Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone looking a trailer? Holds a good amount of stock:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fanmanad

Martin o hara up north worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Suckler

I struggled to get door for a ford Fritzmeier cab for a neighbour a few years ago, tried ebay and got one in the UK, might be something to look in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,089 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I put my 2012 hilux through the test yesterday, failed due to the rust on the chassis.
    Diesel tank has to be taken down and the chassis plated above it.
    I'm very disappointed, I've had three hilux's that didn't rust and they were older than that.
    The pick up body on the back is showing a lot of rust too, I'm afraid to lift the liner

• Registered Users Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

wrangler wrote: »
    I put my 2012 hilux through the test yesterday, failed due to the rust on the chassis.
    I'm very disappointed, I've had three hilux's that didn't rust and they were older than that.
    The pick up body on the back is showing a lot of rust too, I'm afraid to lift the liner

Is it an English import or Irish from new?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

You should have pushed in a BIG €50 note into one off the dash vents wrangler &told the tester to turn on the heater that cold morning in her.

Is it an English import or Irish from new?

I have it since new

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

That's a poor outcome for a sub 10 year old vehicle especially from one of the name brands. I don't know would I have much faith in it after plating it tbh, you'd be wondering what the chassis will be like in another year or two given how quickly its rotted so far. My mechanic advised me of similar issues in the late noughties land cruisers although I don't know what the newest body shape is like. Either way it's a poor advertisement for Toyota especially given the prices of both new and secondhand jeeps.

That's a poor outcome for a sub 10 year old vehicle especially from one of the name brands. I don't know would I have much faith in it after plating it tbh, you'd be wondering what the chassis will be like in another year or two given how quickly its rotted so far. My mechanic advised me of similar issues in the late noughties land cruisers although I don't know what the newest body shape is like. Either way it's a poor advertisement for Toyota especially given the prices of both new and secondhand jeeps.

Yea, f..k it, only 110000kms on it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Yea, f..k it, only 110000kms on it

F..k it indeed, that's a disgust tbh. It wouldn't fill you with confidence if you were in the market for a second hand jeep.

The chassis cracked in a friend's 03 land cruiser before Xmas, I don't know how many miles were on it but he had it 15 years. It wore out 2 triaxle Hudsons drawing sheep and cattle to marts and rented land up the country. They definitely don't make them like that anymore. He went for an Amarok this time so it will be interesting to see how that fairs out. There's still a world of 97 to 02 regs Toyotas locally and they seem to be sticking the times better than the mid 2000's ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Have you full main dealer service history for it?

If you do it'd be worth getting onto Toyota Ireland about it see is there any good will forthcoming. Worth a shot like but I'd not be too hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Jb1989

They must be reverting back to the quality of the 80s corollas, super engines, only the body fell apart around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

Have you full main dealer service history for it?

If you do it'd be worth getting onto Toyota Ireland about it see is there any good will forthcoming. Worth a shot like but I'd not be too hopeful.

Do this. While the car may be out of warranty, there is a case that it is expected to have a serviceable life of more than 10 years. There is some European law on it. An 8 year old jeep having rust issues is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Odelay wrote: »
    Do this. While the car may be out of warranty, there is a case that it is expected to have a serviceable life of more than 10 years. There is some European law on it. An 8 year old jeep having rust issues is pathetic.

I got a part for my rake that was five years old off the Irish distributor and it didn't cost anything. I got onto them and the manufacturer and kicked up a stink. Well worth a shot.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    They must be reverting back to the quality of the 80s corollas, super engines, only the body fell apart around them.

It looks to be water coming down between the cab and the pick up body, even so it shouldn't have happened. It has to be a problem on other hiluxs' too. It couldn't have been painted right the first day, I've emailed Toyota Ireland any way. They replied with an email advertising assuredusedcars.toyota.ie. Probably di that as soon as they got my email address, I was amused at them sending an ad for secondhand Toyotas, they also sent an email saying it'd be dealt with in rotation

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

It looks to be water coming down between the cab and the pick up body, even so it shouldn't have happened. It has to be a problem on other hiluxs' too. It couldn't have been painted right the first day, I've emailed Toyota Ireland any way. They replied with an email advertising assuredusedcars.toyota.ie. Probably di that as soon as they got my email address, I was amused at them sending an ad for secondhand Toyotas, they also sent an email saying it'd be dealt with in rotation

Mechanic that looks after mine was saying quality of the newer Toyota jeeps has dropped a lot. I think when they started galvanizing the bodies back in the mid 90s to mid 00s they laid it on good and thick. Then I reckon the accountants figured out how much they'd save if they put it on a lot thinner.

Could be a different steel type in the chassis too. If there's a small % of chromium, silica or nickel in the iron ore used then it would help the strength of the chassis. They might simply have changed the source of the ore.

Let us know how you get on. Might be a fb group for problem Toyotas, I know there was a Nissan one for cracked chassis.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭emaherx

Similar issues with Nissan pickups over 10 years ago. They payed out on out of warranty repairs and even bought a lot of them back I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

emaherx wrote: »
    Similar issues with Nissan pickups over 10 years ago. They payed out on out of warranty repairs and even bought a lot of them back I think.

This is true, they did it with jeeps well out of warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Toyota have done similar in America on certain Toyota tundras and forerunners that suffered from chassis rust.

They repainted red cars here that suffered with fading and peeling. And also replaced a fair few 2.2d4d engines that went wallop. So they've form in going beyond warranty repairs.

Advertisement